Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 03:50 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,074,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
If the "regime in DC" were headed by a Republican, you'd be singing a different tune.
Actually there might be a difference. A republican or a different Democrat may not be stupid enough to say repeatably "we are extremely disappointed, this will have serious consequences" and then do nothing.

You have no idea how much credibility hit this incident has had on Obama abroad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 05:16 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
So now Snowden has left debately the freest nation in the world, for Russia, one of the most corrupt and government controlled European countries in the world. This is the same country that will imprison journalists for writing bad stories about the government and has so much corruption in the govt that collecting data about suspected terrorists emails and phone calls to the middle east will seem like nothing!!! I love it!! This is a match made in hell. If Snowden pulled what he did here in Russia, he would have been killed by now! n He's nothing more that a political pawn now. Enjoy your life in Russia!

The USAtard is the most corrupt and insane country in the UNIVERSE.

Snowden is a hero....he had a great reason to flee Big Brother.....BB would have either "neutralized" him or he would be put in prison for the rest of his life.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:05 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatAnc View Post
Snowden granted 1-year asylum in Russia, leaves airport ? RT News

YAY! I am so happy for him. Its sad that people must go to Russia to get freedom from tyranny but I am glad he is free to move about now...To hell with the regime in DC.
I agree, I'm jelly right now...

Old 08-02-2013, 09:08 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Snowden is no threat or is he a real criminal- When criminals get exposed they point to those who are not criminals and say they are the bad guys...it is simple defection from the real issue that the administration behaved like criminals...You are supposed to as a government - protect and serve the people- not spy on your own as if your own are your enemy.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:12 PM

32,073 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatAnc View Post
Snowden granted 1-year asylum in Russia, leaves airport ? RT News

YAY! I am so happy for him. Its sad that people must go to Russia to get freedom from tyranny but I am glad he is free to move about now...To hell with the regime in DC.
Are you kidding me. You think Russia is freedom. He is in hell now and you are happy about that Maybe you need to learn more about Russia before you comment again. I'm sure that's the last place he wanted to be.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:24 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,090,473 times
When the weight of maintaining the Military Industrial Complex (MIC) and Surveillance Industrial Complex (SIC) finally collapses the US economy I think I'm bolting down to South America. Maybe I'll eventually bump in to fellow truth-tellers Snowden and Assange down in Ecuador.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:26 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are you kidding me. You think Russia is freedom. He is in hell now and you are happy about that Maybe you need to learn more about Russia before you comment again. I'm sure that's the last place he wanted to be.
Well it is true that Russia can be strict, however, in time I am pretty sure that he could get a visa and visit some of the other eastern european countries.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:33 PM

32,073 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Well it is true that Russia can be strict, however, in time I am pretty sure that he could get a visa and visit some of the other eastern european countries.
You can't honestly believe that? Russia doesn't give a damn about him so he's basically a prisoner there. They just wanted to give the finger to us. So, no visa for him without repercussions from the US.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:39 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
The USAtard is the most corrupt and insane country in the UNIVERSE.

Snowden is a hero....he had a great reason to flee Big Brother.....BB would have either "neutralized" him or he would be put in prison for the rest of his life.
So flee; no one is going to stop you .If you think Snowden is going to have any kind of real life then your following yourself ;IMO. He is like the felon who services his time and wanders why no one trust him since he served his time in prison. Snowden is a fool who ran to the country lead by ex-KGB leader who murders such people has Snowden is. They did it right in the middle of London not long ago and he died a slow painful death.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:36 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
So flee; no one is going to stop you .If you think Snowden is going to have any kind of real life then your following yourself ;IMO. He is like the felon who services his time and wanders why no one trust him since he served his time in prison. Snowden is a fool who ran to the country lead by ex-KGB leader who murders such people has Snowden is. They did it right in the middle of London not long ago and he died a slow painful death.

Snowden fled for his life.....smart move by a true hero!

The corrupt and insane USAtard has been going around the world invading and slaughtering since the end of WW2. And much of our actions during WW2 were quite disgusting to boot.

This country takes the cake for being the biggest hypocrite in the UNIVERSE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies