Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 12:31 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,799,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Honestly, I am on the fence on Snowden. I figured he would stay in Russia. Even though I do think what he did could be admirable in different circumstances, I feel that he is selling secrets to US enemies - Russia and China. Why would he go to these countries instead of others like Ecuador that are more neutral and do not pose a threat to the US and that would give him assistance/protection.
Are you naive? Those tiny countries cannot protect him.
Only Russia and China can possibly keep him safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 12:31 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,180,293 times
I can't stand that Snowden guy. He's just a snotty little boy looking for attention.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:35 PM

9,336 posts, read 16,723,792 times
Big brave Snowden blows the news that the NSA is spying even though he signed agreements of non-disclosure and runs with his girly tail between his legs because he can't face the consequences of his brave stand? If he thought Big Brother was watching in the US he hasn't seen anything yet! Let Russia keep the SOB~and his brave buddy Assange is still cowering behind the embassy walls...if they felt so strongly about their convictions they shouldn't be afraid to face the world and whatever consequences come.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Are you naive? Those tiny countries cannot protect him.
Only Russia and China can possibly keep him safe.
I could care less if he's safe...

Old 08-01-2013, 12:37 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,714,840 times
So many focused on Snowden and not enough focused on what he exposed.

The only groups so far that actually DID something were the hacker groups.
One banned the NSA from attending and the other boo'd him and asked pointed questions.

And the NSA goes to these hacker conferences to recruit.

And not hacker in the bad sense. Hacker is also a respected title for programming.
Your script kiddies and key logger programmers are NOT hackers.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Obviously Snowden's initial attempt was to stay in Hong Kong/China. However China government does not want the trouble and contacted Russia. Russia agreed to take him, because it does not economically depend on the US.
AND they dislike Obama and enjoy thumbing their nose at him.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,714,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Big brave Snowden blows the news that the NSA is spying even though he signed agreements of non-disclosure and runs with his girly tail between his legs because he can't face the consequences of his brave stand? If he thought Big Brother was watching in the US he hasn't seen anything yet! Let Russia keep the SOB~and his brave buddy Assange is still cowering behind the embassy walls...if they felt so strongly about their convictions they shouldn't be afraid to face the world and whatever consequences come.
Whistleblowers expose dirty secrets.

Too bad the government and MSM do a good job of getting everyone focused on the person and not the content exposed.

We did it with Manning and now with Snowden.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:41 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,180,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Whistleblowers expose dirty secrets.

Too bad the government and MSM do a good job of getting everyone focused on the person and not the content exposed.

We did it with Manning and now with Snowden.
I'm not worried about what he exposed. Why? Because I knew it anyway, as soon as the Patriot Act came around. So really, no big deal & not a surprise.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:41 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,265,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I hear wintering there is great.

I hope he freezes his traitorous d**k off.
I've heard they have plenty of anti freeze and pickle juice there.

Hopefully, he doesn't like men because russians hates gays, at least that's what I've heard.

Maybe he'll get pickled and crash in some yellow snow somewhere.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:42 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,520,246 times
I have a distinct feeling the Snowden is going to quietly "disappear" in a few months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies