Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 09:14 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,352,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
You guys seem to be salivating at the prospect. So what if it's "the truth." Why in hell would you WANT people to be harmed just so you could make a point?

Tells you a lot about the gun fetishist mindset.
However, you're perfectly fine with putting people at risk based on your feelings and beliefs. Hypocritical much? That's rhetorical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 09:21 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,223,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Including the right to keep anyone you want off your property? What if they decided they wanted to keep gay people off of their property? How do you suppose that would go?
In many states a landlord CAN refuse to rent to homosexuals, they can also evict them for no other reason than they are homosexual.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:23 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,998,480 times
Quote:
He's not the one gleefully proposing that a huge sign be erected on the building. C-D's gun fetishists are.

Post fail.

Gleefully you say? It's absolute stupidity to not allow their residents to defend themselves if the need arises! The landlord not allowing people to practice their 2nd Amendment right is a welcome matt for increased criminal activity! Unless of course you think that those with alterior motives are actually going to follow the rules when they rob the place?

Old 08-08-2013, 09:27 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,998,480 times
Quote:
That's right. I don't want anyone harmed if it can be helped. You guys are open about your desire for people to be harmed.

I'm proud of my position. But anyone wishing harm on innocent people is sick.

What kind of backwards thinking is that? No law abiding gun owner wishes harm on anyone!!! I certainly don't want to harm someone if it can be helped! I won't be a victim though from some would be perp who would wish to harm myself or my family.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:34 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,352,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
In many states a landlord CAN refuse to rent to homosexuals, they can also evict them for no other reason than they are homosexual.
What? That's one I've never heard. Wouldn't housing discrimination laws make them a protected class and make that illegal?

Old 08-08-2013, 09:43 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,266,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Gleefully you say? It's absolute stupidity to not allow their residents to defend themselves if the need arises! The landlord not allowing people to practice their 2nd Amendment right is a welcome matt for increased criminal activity! Unless of course you think that those with alterior motives are actually going to follow the rules when they rob the place?
Why would you invite criminals to do so, as everyone here is proposing? At least level the playing field with other citizens who don't have weapons but don't have gun slobberers threatening to put up signs and advertise addresses.

Why do you wish to invite harm to people who have never hurt you, just to make a point? I don't care whether you think it's stupid or not, the idea of making your point by publicizing this to criminals is just about as sick as anything I've ever heard a gun nut say on this forum.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:46 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,719,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
This topic raises some interesting thoughts.

While I also believe in the owner of the apartment building imposing his or her own 'rules', banning guns seems beyond the pale (especially for current residents). I wonder if an insurance company is the underlying culprit?

I assume the apartment building owner carries some type of liability insurance. Perhaps the insurance carrier is asking for the gun ban. I can imagine a case where a resident of the apartment building injures or kills another resident, with the injured resident, or survivors, suing the apartment owner for negligence in allowing residents to possess guns. I believe that many apartment buildings forbid fireworks to be brought inside the building, on the same general principle.

This reminds me of years ago: I was a helper to a friend who worked for an apartment building, in maintenance. A fire broke out in an apartment. Turns out that the people living in said apartment had just immigrated from India. They did not know how to work a stove, so they built a campfire on the carpeted floor of the living room, thoughtfully knocking out a window pane to serve as a make-shift chimney. I believe the dish they were cooking was ruined, as was one-third of the apartment building.

It was soon thereafter that I moved out of my own apartment building into a house, and I have felt safer ever since.

I don't see this as any different than restrictions regarding certain breeds of dogs, etc.
Same idea.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:47 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,266,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I don't see this as any different than restrictions regarding certain breeds of dogs, etc.
Same idea.
Nah, you know the answer here. "Dogs aren't in the Constitution. FREEEEEEDUMMMMMM!"

Old 08-08-2013, 09:49 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,223,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
What? That's one I've never heard. Wouldn't housing discrimination laws make them a protected class and make that illegal?
21 states have laws that prohibit discrimination in housing based on sexual orientation. Some cities have passed anti discrimination laws that include sexual orientation too.
The majority of states do not include sexual orientation in their anti discrimination laws.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:50 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,719,065 times
Quote:
nah, you know the answer here. "dogs aren't in the constitution. Freeeeeedummmmmm!"

lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies