Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 12:19 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,066,352 times

Advertisements

It's called reality.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:29 PM

1,509 posts, read 2,437,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
The schools are going to have to come up with some way of making sure that students don't abuse the policy (i.e., boys going in the girls' locker room, joining girls' sports teams for an advantage). The problem is, I'm not sure how you go about that. Any restrictions that could be put in place could trigger a lawsuit.
Perhaps a note from a licensed psychiatrist/psychologist in good standing confirming a diagnoses of Gender Identity Disorder/Gender Dysphoria combined with some sort of care plan detailing that a transgendered student is in the process of transitioning to living/presenting full-time. Maybe also a note from their endocrinologist if they've already begun hormone therapy.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:31 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,181,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
You don't have a right to use a bathroom opposite of your sex or to make other people uncomfortable.
Well, according to California you do. . .

Old 08-13-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Perhaps a note from a licensed psychiatrist/psychologist in good standing confirming a diagnoses of Gender Identity Disorder/Gender Dysphoria combined with some sort of care plan detailing that a transgendered student is in the process of transitioning to living/presenting full-time. Maybe also a note from their endocrinologist if they've already begun hormone therapy.
Nothing in the bill about having to provide a note..............

Bill Text - AB-1266 Pupil rights: sex-segregated school programs and activities.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:41 PM

1,509 posts, read 2,437,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Nothing in the bill about having to provide a note..............

Bill Text - AB-1266 Pupil rights: sex-segregated school programs and activities.
While there's not, it's seems like a logical step that wouldn't violate the spirit or the intent of the bill that California school districts require this to legitimate claims of gender identity and to allay the fears voiced by some here in this thread of "all the boys claiming they're transgendered."

Old 08-13-2013, 12:42 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,165,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Welcome to California, check your logic at the door.
substitute the word 'Texas' , whatever demon posessed my sister to move there I will never understand. Its embarrasing

Old 08-13-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
While there's not, it's seems like a logical step that wouldn't violate the spirit or the intent of the bill that California school districts require this to legitimate claims of gender identity and to allay the fears voiced by some here in this thread of "all the boys claiming they're transgendered."
I doubt any of em who voted for it read it anyway.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:56 PM

5,673 posts, read 5,109,806 times
Quote:
Would you want a creature like that in the shower or locker room where your daughter is showering and getting dressed? I wouldn't.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:01 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,481,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I just don't understand it. I can get the "I was born gay and can't help it" line totally 100%.

But then you have someone who was BORN male trying to become female is where I get lost. Where is the scientific basis that someone should've been "born" something they aren't?

I fail to see how someone without a birth or genetic defect should've been "born" a woman if they clearly have an X and Y chromosome.
I've just read up to this point in the thread. But I'm going to tell you you're logic is pretty good--irrespective if you conclusion is latter proven true or false.

And you're going to have some people replying back to you about brain studies in relation to images or stimuli I would guess. They'll offer that up as "proof" a person can be born a girl trapped in a boys body.

I don't subscribe to the view anyone is born gay or straight or whatever. Like the explanation transsexuals are simply born one gender trapped in the body of the wrong sex I find it an easy explanation people like.

Partly this is due to the fact science likes to be able to predict everything. Which is far more easily done in chemistry and physics than it is in the life sciences especially with complex human behavior.

The irony of course is that all those that support these simple explanations of determinism are almost always male and female feminists, and they have no choice but to contradict their long standing positions about inequality between males and females. For decades they have argued gender is a sociological construct (which I believe it is), that a girl is really no different than a boy, and if given the chance would dress and behave just like boys, playing football over playing with dolls etc.

Mainly interest groups teach us what to think in the West. They push it to politicians and politicians tell everyone else what they ought be thinking. Which always amazes me people like to pat themselves on the back as "free thinkers" when clearly they are not only arguing over some issue an interest group created as a public issue, but they as individuals have offered no unique view point but simply parrot what they hear.

I suspect if you studied a bunch of white supremacists and showed them images of black people their brains would typically show different signs than those whites that are not racist. From this am I to conclude racist white people were simply "born that way"?

Old 08-13-2013, 01:11 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,481,808 times
Food for thought:

Can a female rape another female?

Can a male-to-female transsexual attracted to females that regards herself as a lesbian rape a female?

If a transsexual teen infatuated with a girl ever raped, and sodomized that girl in a girls locker room, how do the adults that are judges and the parents explain that one to both the transsexual accused and the female students that claims to have been raped? LOL... I can just imagine the judges and parents trying pontificate in court on that one about how naught a girl she has been for ramming her c__ up the other girl's a__.

In other news.... feminist are now saying if a a boy is peeing out in the woods and a girl walks by he should be charged with "sexual abuse" because the male penis on a male that's not a transsexual is horrible, mean, scary thing that emotionally and psychologically traumatizes females. And for far to long patriarchy has crushed the spirits of girls and women with those things. (I can see feminist eventually making this argument.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies