Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2013, 08:33 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
It is understandable, kids have a strong desire to "believe" in things and be a part of something to feel important. This fades over time though and most grow out of it. Some though persist in stupidity to the end of their days.
Hmmmm.... like this?
Quote:
I assume you do not believe then?

Fine, but understand this, the Bible was written by man through the divine inspiration of God. For instance, the disciples did great miracles like Jesus did in the name of God and it is through God to which they obtained the truth to which they spoke.

Now you can say you don't believe any of that, and that is fine, but that then ends any discussion you and I may have as you will be evaluating from a position that disregards all of it and since none of it true in your eyes, none of your objections or points made are valid within the context to which we are discussing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 09:01 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Many global warming deniers get their disinformation and talking points from blog websites like Anthony Watt's "Watts Up With That?"

Let's have a look at What's Up With Watts.

Watts Up With Watts? - YouTube

Old 08-31-2013, 09:11 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Better find a way to cap volcanos, one eruption can put out more greenhouse gases than mankind has emitted in all its years on earth.
So, because Hurricane Sandy caused waves of water to deposit sand a few feet tall in peoples' houses, does that make it okay to defecate on the ground and just walk away?

Old 08-31-2013, 09:24 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
So, because Hurricane Sandy caused waves of water to deposit sand a few feet tall in peoples' houses, does that make it okay to defecate on the ground and just walk away?
What does Sandy have to do with AGW? Sandy was about 4m and came ashore at the worst possible time as far as the tide goes. In the historical context there is nothing extraordinary about it. While on the topic there was nothing extraordinary about Katrina other than it came ashore where there was major US city.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:25 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Man-made global warming or man-made global climate change are merely tools at achieving the dream pushed by marxism using social marxism and one of it's children, "Critical Theory". They use "Critical Theory" and aim all ills created by this (junk) science as being solely the responsibility of Western civilization and capitalism. They offer zero solutions, just fines and punishments against their enemy, Western civilization and capitalism. (Classic "Critical Theory")

The History of Political Correctness (Complete) - YouTube

Man-made global warming and/or man-made global climate change are nothing but a scam.
Please stay in Kansas and continue to ignore the reality that your state has a POOR agricultural future due to warmer temperatures leading to an increase in the rate of evapotranspiration. Or take a look at Google Maps satellite imagery to see the continued failure of center pivot irrigation by farmers seeking government subsidy handouts. Please leave scientific discussion for those of us that work in scientific fields.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:37 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
What does Sandy have to do with AGW? Sandy was about 4m and came ashore at the worst possible time as far as the tide goes. In the historical context there is nothing extraordinary about it. While on the topic there was nothing extraordinary about Katrina other than it came ashore where there was major US city.
It's an analogy to the guy's implication that we shouldn't care about the environment because a volcanic eruption puts tons of particles in the atmosphere. Slow your roll, I wasn't actually linking the event to global warming...

Old 09-01-2013, 06:40 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Hmmmm.... like this?
So what you are saying is that I should respect your religious belief in climate science?

Old 09-01-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Many global warming deniers get their disinformation and talking points from blog websites like Anthony Watt's "Watts Up With That?"

Let's have a look at What's Up With Watts.

Watts Up With Watts? - YouTube
Really? The best you can do is to link to a youtube video from 2009?

Here, I will rebut that. Do a search on these forums concerning that video, I think you will find that it was already dealt with. Though if your religious belief requires you to grasp at straws, well... understandable and I will discuss with you no further. I want to respect your right to believe in anything you choose, but don't expect to argue your religious belief as science.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Is this a joke?

Winning some conservative "best science blog award" is not about best science 'content'. As you even said yourself, it's based on number of hits. AGW denialists who keep posting multiple links to his blog (or websites that link to his website) on forums like this all over the internet increase his hits. He should pay you and RoadKing for spending so much of your time promoting his blog. He uses Word Ads to make money from his blog. He could have chosen to use the ad free option.

You accuse others of 'appealing to authority', yet over and over again, you "appeal" to Watts. And every click-through makes him more money

Whats Up With That?

So, because you were unable to argue your point back when that post was made, you thought you would bring it back up later after the thread has moved on in hopes nobody would go back and read the context of the discussion?

*chuckle*

You are brilliant. Though I am flattered that you place such value to my comments that you go searching for past discussions constantly in hopes of being able to pull an "I gotcha".

This is quite amusing.

Anyone who wants to see how the above poster is using out of context tactics (common to the political activist methods of CAGW), just follow back through the links and read the discussion. He has nothing, which is why he has to reintroduce arguments made months ago and use evidence from years ago.

These people are desperate, expect them to get more and more nasty as their ship sinks.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:52 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
So what you are saying is that I should respect your religious belief in climate science?
Ruh oh. This is a post of a desperate man. Equating climate change to religion. Same tactic as those who try to debate against evolution once they run out of ammo. *chuckles*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies