Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 11:17 AM

588 posts, read 1,015,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Cat View Post
Beyond dumb.

What are you going to cook with -- Gatorade? What are you going to shower in -- Perrier?

Ever put in a well? Some places have no ground water. Some places it's not legal. Some places it takes a mountain of paperwork and a larger mountain of money. Even if you drill a well you can come up dry.

Next brilliant idea . . . .
Sure - don't be so obnoxious to expect your every nutjob whim to be catered to by the rest of us. If you have such a strong objection to keeping your teeth from rotting out, I'm guessing you are also one of these survivalist types so you should be sourcing your own water anyway. Shoot, it may have fluoride in it naturally... well just keep looking, you'll find some safe water. If you aren't allowed to do it where you are, then you move. You don't want the govt. controlling your mind with their poisons do you?

And last I checked, you can cook, and even shower, with well water. Hell, shoot it into the air over your house to keep the chemtrails off your property if that's your thing. But I'm beyond dumb so maybe I'm just imagining that it doesn't just come out of the drinking fountain but serves the whole house.

I think I need to switch to this other board which is full of critically thinking skeptics instead of conspiracy theorists. This thread is hilarious - http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=663863

Old 09-14-2013, 11:55 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,462,453 times
Fluoride makes someone rich. It is not about your health. It is always about money. You want iodine, you will get it if the correct lobbyist bribes a politician.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:21 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
Fluoride makes someone rich. It is not about your health. It is always about money. You want iodine, you will get it if the correct lobbyist bribes a politician.
Looks like they are discussing lithium as well.
More Lithium in Drinking Water - Less Suicides - Daily Health

Old 09-15-2013, 09:50 AM

537 posts, read 740,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
If Iodine was a toxic by-product of manufacturing that would cost billions to dispose of you can bet the farm that it, like fluoride waste, would be magically turned into something beneficial that actually turns a profit.

How diabolically cynical can you get when you make it "for the children"? What a hoot! The money junkies just "high-five" each other and it's life as usual in the United States of Anything for a Buck.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:41 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
The chemistry of replacing F with I doesn't work. Just look at the electrongativites of Calcium, Flourine and Iodine. I wouldn't be surprised if iodine makes tooth enamel softer and more water soluable!
Do you have some scientific backing for your theory?

Old 05-22-2015, 10:17 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Iodine is added to table salt. Its also in seaweed, fish, etc. Iodine deficiency is not a huge problem in the United States.
"Deficiencies of iodine can be caused by proficiencies of fluoride. (Dysmisplacement)

I'd rather be proficient in iodine.

I got a couple of parathyroids to think about.

And, they think about nothing but where calcium should go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies