Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2013, 05:08 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,408,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
(For future reference, out of a sign of respect for God, when referring to the God of Christians, Jews, and Muslims... capitalize the letter "g".)
Only if you cut off the end of your penis with a dull bronze-age knife as a sign of respect for YHWH and the 69 other sons of the god El Elyon.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:10 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,321,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
No, that would be the gov't you choose to look to for guidance and worship. Pelosi, Clintons, Gates, Soros. Heard today that Uma has been double if not triple dipping. Obama's are now multi-millionaires.
You should not be pointing your finger at the pious. You are being brainwashed to hate. You don't have to follow this lead.
What does this have to do with the topic?

Old 08-20-2013, 05:21 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,140,467 times
I am all for the separation of church and state, chiel, and I'm a Christian. Nobody has the right to shove their beliefs down someone else's throat. It's a choice, nothing more.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:28 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,408,000 times
Quote:
I have low regard for the combination of Catholic + female. Satan believes in himself too.

Regard me as not existing and ignore me. I'd prefer to converse with a Muslim woman or even an Evangelical Protestant female.
The misogyny of the Catholic Church goes way back... and you appear to be well and truly indoctrinated.

So who are your heroes?

Tertullian: (c 160 – 225 AD)
"The curse God pronounced on your sex still weighs on the world." "You are the devil's gateway"
"You are the first that deserted the divine laws. All too easily you destroyed the image of God, Adam".
"You led astray one whom the devil would not dare attack directly. It was your fault that the Son of God had to die; you should always go in mourning and rags."

Clement of Alexandria: (c 150 - 215 AD)
"the consciousness of their own nature must evoke feelings of shame".

St Jerome: (c 347- 420 AD)
"woman is the root of all evil."

Augustine: (354–430 AD)
"Why was woman created at all?" "Woman was merely man's helpmate, a function which pertains to her alone. She is not the image of God but as far as man is concerned, he is by himself the image of God."

"I don't see what sort of help woman was created to provide man with, if one excludes procreation. If woman is not given to man for help in bearing children, for what help could she be? To till the earth together? If help were needed for that, man would have been a better help for man. The same goes for comfort in solitude. How much more pleasure is it for life and conversation when two friends live together than when a man and a woman cohabitate?" (he sounds like a closet case to me)

John Chrysostom: (347 - 407 AD)
"He wishes the man to have the preeminence in every way." "for the sex is weak and fickle".

"It does not profit a man to marry. For what is a woman but an enemy of friendship, an inescapable punishment, a necessary evil, a natural temptation, a domestic danger, delectable mischief, a fault in nature, painted with beautiful colors?...The whole of her body is nothing less than phlegm, blood, bile, rheum and the fluid of digested food ..."

Boethius: (c 480 - 524 AD)
"Woman is a temple built over a sewer."

Pope Gregory: ( 540 - 604 AD) "Woman is slow in understanding and her unstable and naive mind renders her by way of natural weakness to the necessity of a strong hand in her husband. Her 'use' is two fold; sex and motherhood."

Thomas Aquinas: (1225 - 1274 AD)
"Woman was made only to assist with procreation."

Albertus Magnus: (c 1200 - 1280 AD)
"Woman is less qualified [than man] for moral behavior. For the woman contains more liquid than man, and it is a property of liquid to take things up easily and to hold unto them poorly."
"Woman is a misbegotten man and has a faulty and defective nature in comparison to his"

Of course Luther and Calvin weren't any better...

Martin Luther: (1483- 1586 AD)
"Women should remain at home, sit still, keep house and bear and bring up children"
"If a woman grows weary and at last dies from childbearing, it matters not. Let her die from bearing, she is there to do it."
"the wife should stay at home and look after the affairs of the household as one who has been deprived of the ability of administering those affairs that are outside and concern the state…."
"There is no gown or garment that worse becomes a woman than when she would be wise."

John Calvin: (1509 - 1564 AD)
"All women are born that they may acknowledge themselves as inferior to the male."
"the woman's place is in the home."

Old 08-20-2013, 06:03 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,321,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What you have seen from such persons is not what the Catholic Church teaches. The persons who are pedophiles are going AGAINST what the church teaches. You have hypocrits in every faith. I don't think the Catholic Church should be singled out for it.
See, I do.
The religion is smug and has protected child abusers for centuries.

Get other churches for their shortcomings.
But pedophilia and the cover-up - it's all catholic. They own it.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:16 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,789,937 times
Nice quotes there Jaymax, what a wonderful religion that is, actually all three of those coming from the Middle East
What a pity Europe and thus all its former colonies got infected by that primitive virus Would have been much better if Europe had become atheist or at least Buddhist or Jainist by the 14th century...

Old 08-20-2013, 06:20 AM

30,120 posts, read 18,730,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
At this point, the bible is as relevant to me as Harry Potter or Grimm's Fairy Tales.
Too bad.

The Bible is full of wisdom and instruction to lead a better life, even for atheists. You should read the New Testament, as the parables can provide a wealth of information toward introspection and improving one's behavior- even for those who lack faith or who are not Christians.

Whether you are a Christian or not, Christ had things pretty well figured out in life and has provided the world with valuable insight into improving human behavior.

I like Harry Potter and Grimm's Fairy Tales, by the way.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:30 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,270,793 times
Quote:
So are pedophile priests and even lay people and Bishops that worship Satan. Being Catholic means little to nothing. This is especially so of contemporary Catholic females, as in general they are worse than pagans.

I'd trust a Muslim woman with the welfare of my child before I would with a Catholic woman. I trusted an Evangelical Protestant woman before a Catholic woman.

Also... anthropologist and some biologist refer to humans as apes. It's not that we evolved from apes, we are apes they claim.
Carrie's mom? Is that you?

Old 08-20-2013, 06:34 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,270,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well I beg to differ here as I think atheists believe that hipsters are deities.
Got anything to back that up?

Old 08-20-2013, 06:39 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,789,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Too bad.

The Bible is full of wisdom and instruction to lead a better life, even for atheists. You should read the New Testament, as the parables can provide a wealth of information toward introspection and improving one's behavior- even for those who lack faith or who are not Christians.

Whether you are a Christian or not, Christ had things pretty well figured out in life and has provided the world with valuable insight into improving human behavior.

I like Harry Potter and Grimm's Fairy Tales, by the way.
All of those books are a waste of paper, not worth killing a tree for...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies