Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 01:53 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times

Advertisements

FOXNews.com - Saudi Marriage 'Expert' Advises Men in 'Right Way' to Beat Their Wives - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Please get your husband on the right track!

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO! i DO NOT CONDONE BEATING ANYONE EXCEPT TELEMARKETERS! and any man that would beat a woman or child!

Not posted to be inciteful. Please note this is the mind set of one of our biggest allies against Muslim extremists. They sure look at life differently than we do!

Last edited by Versatile; 11-13-2007 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: To add who should be beaten
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 03:35 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
Wow, at first I was tempted to laugh because its so absurd, but then i thought about how many people live like this and I became horrified.

And not just in Saudi Arabia. here are some stats in th U.S.

About one in three high school students have been or will be involved in an abusive relationship. Forty percent of teenage girls ages 14 to 17 say they know someone their age who has been hit or beaten by a boyfriend.
Teen dating violence most often takes place in the home of one of the partners. In 1995, 7 percent of all murder victims were young women who were killed by their boyfriends. One in five or 20 percent of dating couples report some type of violence in their relationship. One of five college females will experience some form of dating violence. A survey of 500 young women, ages 15 to 24, found that 60 percent were currently involved in an ongoing abusive relationship and all participants had experienced violence in a dating relationship. One study found that 38 percent of date rape victims were young women from 14 to 17 years of age. A survey of adolescent and college students revealed that date rape accounted for 67 percent of sexual assaults.

Maybe Fox news should be covering this?!?!

Old 11-14-2007, 12:36 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,551,962 times
Could yah get anymore depressing.... I get a good beating everyday......Yep my heart is still going!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 01:19 PM

870 posts, read 3,082,443 times
Default Probably worse!

I would bet that the true stats would be even more alarming! Most women are too ashamed to tell anyone that they are being abused. I was in an abusive relationship for way too long....thought it was MY fault somehow....It took a long time to be able to admit it to anyone, and even longer not to expect abuse from new relationships! Strange but true.....

Old 11-14-2007, 02:23 PM

I hate to hear this "It's my fault i shouldn't have made him mad!" What a down trodden person this is. Remarks of a person in a deeply dysfunctional relationship. imo

How about the part. You aren't supposed to slap them in the face like you would an animal or child.

After reading it it kind of gives you a little insight as to understand their thoughts when they are torturing people by drilling holes in their head before they kill them in Iraq!

Old 11-15-2007, 12:14 AM

871 posts, read 1,985,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
I would bet that the true stats would be even more alarming! Most women are too ashamed to tell anyone that they are being abused. I was in an abusive relationship for way too long....thought it was MY fault somehow....It took a long time to be able to admit it to anyone, and even longer not to expect abuse from new relationships! Strange but true.....
I havent been in an abusive relationship but as a person who was abused at one point in my life I felt blame to a degree also.(Not anymore.) I understand what you mean. One real reason I kept it to myself was I was exposing to everyone how weak I was. Also some fear of hurting others with my claim.I almost felt I was protecting others by keeping quiet. I think there are so many reasons that keep a person quiet. Not just one. We have the freedom here to say something and still choose not to at times. I could imagin how those women in other countries with no rights feel. They could probably talk some sense into a few people. I dont know. Fear can have A tight grip.
Blah blah its late and Im babbling again so there it is. IMO!

Old 11-15-2007, 02:35 PM

Thanks to Bentaxlecrew and Darlynno217. As a man i have got a little info to understand what is happening in thes situations.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:02 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,678,600 times
I've known many from the middle-east so this is really no surprise to me. This is certainly something we don't need to see happen here as Washington is increasing the number of immigrants coming over from the middle-east. Diversity and acceptance is one thing, but this is one part of their culture they need to leave behind.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:23 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Tip of the iceberg, folks. DO read on....

Keeping Connection with God During Menstruation - Reading Islam.com - Ask About Islam

Old 11-15-2007, 03:25 PM

791 posts, read 2,223,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Wow, at first I was tempted to laugh because its so absurd, but then i thought about how many people live like this and I became horrified.

And not just in Saudi Arabia. here are some stats in th U.S.

Maybe Fox news should be covering this?!?!
Abuse of another person, at any level, for any reason is reprehensible. That a woman would think she is to blame or no one is interested or can't get help is sad. But there is a major difference between the abuse of a woman in western civilization and that in an Islamic civilization. Therein the purpose of the post by 'Versatile' regarding the Islamic abuse of women.

That abuse is built into their culture. It is as natural as a man, in the 1950's, coming home and finding dinner on the table. Or the laundry done. These women are treated more poorly than cattle being branded in a pen. More poorly than rhinos in the savannah. For these women there is no sanctuary. There is no appeal. There is no escape other than death. And their men and the men of the village are bound by custom to stoning to death women who violate that custom. I've read a recent news article where a woman who was gang raped was sentenced to 100 lashes for having been in the company of that gang.

I can only express disappointment that more 'mericans are not aware of these customs and western civilization doesn't do something to stop abuse.

But we just continue to buy their oil. Pathetic. Really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies