Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 09:30 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Anyone who takes a political position on an issue without first having all of the "facts and information" on a subject is low IQ fool and shouldn't be allowed to vote, let alone hold office. Alternatively, they are a liar about before not having all of the facts and information and changed position for another reason.

The mark of a wise person is he or she knows when they don't know. It's always more appropriate for a person to be undecided or apolitical on an issue rather than to offer support for an issue that they do not fully understand. I can point to evidence for vicious political strategists and liars on the left, but no evidence for wise people. What positions do you hold, Casper? Let's investigate how much information you have about those issues and how wise you are, by definition of the result. Your generalization that holds that libs "get more facts and information on a subject" and that conservatives hold positions "based on which way the wind blows" does not bode well as an indicator of the quality of your mind. We understand that you believe that you didn't have too explain that perspective, as well, and that you believe that your generalization should be evident to all humans (at least those who share your intellectual space and ability). Indeed you are a perfect representation of the left. Be proud, and the left should be proud of you :-)
I was labeled a Liberal by righties long ago, even though I hold many conservative ideals. But after seeing the types of Cons I have to deal with on a daily basis on boards such as this, I do and and am proud to wear the label of Liberal, it is far better than the alternative presented by the right these days. You're welcome to your opinion, everyone has one, I do love the lets investigate comment, as if you could, very entertaining and almost a cut above the level of some of the replies I see here by the Cons, at least you tried. I am sure we can look forward to more of your wisdom on display here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 10:02 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
what I see is a two faced politician who said one thing during the election cycle, and once he won, he flip flopped. I know it must hurt you to realize that you voted for nothing more than an android puppet.
Kind of like Obama saying he was against gay marriage in 2008, but then "evolving" just in time to get all that campaign cash in 2012. Come on! It's the exact same thing. All candidates play to their base in the primaries and then move to the center in the general election.

EDIT: I just read the post I quoted, and it looked like I quoted the wrong one. I was saying that to the person who doesn't seem to understand that Obama wasn't changing his mind on gay marriage after careful consideration and new information; he was changing it with the political winds.

Last edited by katygirl68; 08-21-2013 at 10:15 PM..

Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
it actually cleared nothing up except for the fact that democrats can't accept the fact that they vote for liars.
All politicians lie. The fact that you don't think Republicans vote for liars too means your head is stuck in the sand.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:25 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
seeing as how obama was well into his 40's during the 2008 campaign, I'd say his political philosophies were fully developed.
He explained to you what the difference between the 2 are, your comment does not refute what the other poster said.

Barack Obama did not change his views back to what he said in 1999 or what ever.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:34 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
He explained to you what the difference between the 2 are, your comment does not refute what the other poster said.

Barack Obama did not change his views back to what he said in 1999 or what ever.
Of course he didn't. The guy voted "Present" almost 130 times in the Illinois Senate to give himself political cover on controversial issues.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:50 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
All politicians lie. The fact that you don't think Republicans vote for liars too means your head is stuck in the sand.
So why do you vote?

Old 08-23-2013, 03:49 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times
Quote:
what's up with that? lead story on left wing extremist blog the huffington post has been about obama evolving the last couple of days. he's evolved on gay marriage, and now he's evolving on medical marijuana. why is this not a flip flop? is it because many republicans don't believe in evolution?
It is because Republicans are hypocrites, liars, and regressives who yearn for the "good old days" - of the 18th century. They beg for government aid while denying it to others. Red States "take" from the government while conservative media complains about blue state "takers". This is the tip of the iceberg.
In a recent poll, 29 percent of Louisiana Republicans blame Obama for the federal government's slow response to the 2005 Hurricane Katrina and 44 percent "didn't know" who to blame. Do the math, 73% of polled repubs in that state are willing to place reality aside just to maintain a political view, or did they truly not know?
Seems like conservatives are devolving, and here's why.
It

Old 08-23-2013, 05:33 AM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
It is because Republicans are hypocrites, liars, and regressives who yearn for the "good old days" - of the 18th century. They beg for government aid while denying it to others. Red States "take" from the government while conservative media complains about blue state "takers". This is the tip of the iceberg.
In a recent poll, 29 percent of Louisiana Republicans blame Obama for the federal government's slow response to the 2005 Hurricane Katrina and 44 percent "didn't know" who to blame. Do the math, 73% of polled repubs in that state are willing to place reality aside just to maintain a political view, or did they truly not know?
Seems like conservatives are devolving, and here's why.
It
Another supporter of smaller federal government?

Old 08-23-2013, 05:50 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
what I see is a two faced politician who said one thing during the election cycle, and once he won, he flip flopped. I know it must hurt you to realize that you voted for nothing more than an android puppet.
Psssssstttttttt: They aren't smart enough to know.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:04 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I was labeled a Liberal by righties long ago, even though I hold many conservative ideals. But after seeing the types of Cons I have to deal with on a daily basis on boards such as this, I do and and am proud to wear the label of Liberal, it is far better than the alternative presented by the right these days. You're welcome to your opinion, everyone has one, I do love the lets investigate comment, as if you could, very entertaining and almost a cut above the level of some of the replies I see here by the Cons, at least you tried. I am sure we can look forward to more of your wisdom on display here.
This is possibly the funniest, yet saddest post, EVAR!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies