Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 05:55 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
It's on multiple websites, no worries, Eric Holder has your name, courtesy of the NRA,

LMFAO
OK. Sheesh, umm, between your episodes of uncontrollable mirth, could you explain what difference it makes? A "registry "Hell lists specific firearms, by serial number, attached to a specific individual. A list of "gun owners" is not a registry. , nor, xoes membership in a gun rights group mean that someone actually owns guns. So, Eric Holder has my name eh? I haven't belonved to tbe NRA for well over 20 years, and I never sent tbem an inventory of my guns. Wbats tbe "gubmint" going to do with my name should the NRA provide it (which seems unlikelly..but, it could happen)

Anyway, my tale of woe, regarding my firearms makes it a moot point. When the boat went down in Pyramid. Lake, in the VERY deep water off Anahoe island, all my guns were locked in the weapons locker on board. The "gubmint"going has to see the Water Babys bout my guns. As of now, I am unarmed. I tried asking for them back, floated out with a Medicine Man and did the dance, made an offering, the works. No joy. Still had to pay the Medicine Man though. A guys gotta eat, right? LMAO

Old 08-22-2013, 06:33 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
OK. Sheesh, umm, between your episodes of uncontrollable mirth, could you explain what difference it makes? A "registry "Hell lists specific firearms, by serial number, attached to a specific individual. A list of "gun owners" is not a registry. , nor, xoes membership in a gun rights group mean that someone actually owns guns. So, Eric Holder has my name eh? I haven't belonved to tbe NRA for well over 20 years, and I never sent tbem an inventory of my guns. Wbats tbe "gubmint" going to do with my name should the NRA provide it (which seems unlikelly..but, it could happen)

Anyway, my tale of woe, regarding my firearms makes it a moot point. When the boat went down in Pyramid. Lake, in the VERY deep water off Anahoe island, all my guns were locked in the weapons locker on board. The "gubmint"going has to see the Water Babys bout my guns. As of now, I am unarmed. I tried asking for them back, floated out with a Medicine Man and did the dance, made an offering, the works. No joy. Still had to pay the Medicine Man though. A guys gotta eat, right? LMAO
donnie and bobbie think they have found the holy grail because some off beat leftwing blog stated that the NRA has a list of it's members.....of course there is nothing to back up anything thta is stated on the blog....

Old 08-22-2013, 06:53 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,779,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
The database is not of NRA members or supporters, it's a database of gun owners.

Not every gun owners is an NRA supporter. I'll more than likely buy a gun this year and I don't support the NRA.

Wonder if they have my name???

How accurate do you think it is?

I may or may not own many firearms, but I know I'm not on any 'gun owner' registry. I've never purchased a firearm thru any dealer. If I did have any firearms, they were probably gifts or trades with friends.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:58 AM

40,954 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Krogers secretly built a massive data base of everyone who buys groceries and tracks their spending.

The NRA does not know what guns I own. Just that I am a member.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:37 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
donnie and bobbie think they have found the holy grail because some off beat leftwing blog stated that the NRA has a list of it's members.....of course there is nothing to back up anything thta is stated on the blog....
Indeed! The level of joy over this, supposed, "registry" would suggest a finding on par with the Holy Grail. Lol. I really can't feel the love here, but hey, I'm just a poor, uneducated, country boy. I'm, obviously, missing some DEEP ramifications to this. Damn! Where'd I put my spit cup darlin'?!

Old 08-22-2013, 01:00 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,903,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Whats even more amazing, is that the left and the OP thinks that a company who actually has a list of everyones name who is a member is some super secret list....

I would hope that the NRA knows who all thier members are, if not, how would they know who to send the monthly magazines to?

ROTMFFLMFAO....at the OP.....
Actually, the controversial aspect of this is over the fact that it has a list of members and NON-members alike. It purchased information on permit holders from state agencies etc. etc. I thinks it's a bit sketchy on the states part to be selling that kind of info, but in reality this is no big woop. Like NVplumber said, the anti-gun nuts thought they uncovered the holy grail here..... It backfired on'em, hence, the reason they've all-of-a-sudden gone quiet.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:16 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Thankfully I was never foolish enough to join the NRA, looks like one day being a member could really backfire on ya.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:21 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Actually, the controversial aspect of this is over the fact that it has a list of members and NON-members alike. It purchased information on permit holders from state agencies etc. etc. I thinks it's a bit sketchy on the states part to be selling that kind of info, but in reality this is no big woop. Like NVplumber said, the anti-gun nuts thought they uncovered the holy grail here..... It backfired on'em, hence, the reason they've all-of-a-sudden gone quiet.
I am no anti-gun nut and am glad I am not a member of the NRA. I do agree with some of their stands on issues, but the craziness that seems to become a nature state of affairs within the organization is enough to not associate myself with them. It does not matter if the State has the information on those with permits, that is something one understands (that the government knows you have guns) when they get a permit, so who cares. It is those that do not have permits and do not want the government knowing they are gun owners that have a potential issue by being a member.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:22 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,591,255 times
The NRA is not a government authority which is a major difference - and the actual point. All sorts of groups have lists - my grocery store does. That still very different. This is mixing apples and oranges. As for what would stop the government from getting it, that would be the law - with the obvious exception of the debatable collection of cell phone records etc.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:38 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,789,910 times
The NRA has a mailing list? One they're keeping SECRET???

Get a rope!

Last edited by Little-Acorn; 08-22-2013 at 03:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies