Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 08:00 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Of course it is. His presidency is a failure.

For example, even if you love Obamacare, the facts are that he conducted backroom deals after promising it would be transparent, passed it using reconciliation, declared the individual mandate was not a tax and then had it defended in court as a tax, double counted medicare transfers to both lower the cost of Obamacare and lower the budget, promised the Catholic bishops that it would not impact their beliefs on contraception or abortion and then introduced the contraceptive mandate, etc.

All of those are objective facts, irrespective of how one feels about Obamacare itself.

And the list goes on:

We have the video of him declaring he would veto any attempt to get around sequestration. We also have the video of him then declaring sequestion would be a disaster and blaming Republicans for allowing it to happen.

We have the records of his administration saying the IRS situation was a few isolated people in one office, and also have the proof that it was in fact directed from the White House.

We have Susan Rice saying there was no indication whatsoever that there was any terrorist involvement in Benghazi. And we have the CIA memo sent to the White House which says they suspected terrorist involvement.

We have Obama himself saying the stimulus didn't work.

We have his administration being found guilty by federal courts of both purposely with-holding drilling permits illegally and of making recess appointment when there was no recess.

We have him attacking Libya without the advice or consent of Congress.

None of these things depend on whether you like Obama's politics or not. They are objective facts, supported by video and documents. And I haven't even mentioned the Black Panthers or the Beer Summit, Fast & Furious, Solyndra, TARP, General Motors, the fleeing Wisconsin senators, his "flexibility" remark to the Russians, the NSA, reversing legislated welfare reform via executive order, giving speeches about purposely going around congress, etc. The list goes on and on. Quite apart from his politics, the man himself is a disgrace.

Just as even though I'm a conservative, I have no problem admitting that Bush was also a disgrace.
It's amazing that all the wrongs Obama was caught doing and still they believe everything he says.. I didn't realize before Obama that Americans were so dumbed down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 08:01 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Well said.

The point of this thread: a cry baby sore loser whining about Obama's re-election.

I am enjoying the schadenfreude.
You could always take my challenge in post #57. I count around 26 points made in the challenge that could be refuted as only opinion. Just take any five see how you do?

Old 08-23-2013, 08:08 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I'm ashamed of the circus that is Washington, DC. Congress has turned this country into a world-wide joke.

Obama is the worst? No. Obama is the best? No.
I'm ashamed of the way the far right has behaved over the last five years. They make Americans look like a bunch of backwoods, ignorant, religious, racist idiots. I would like the rest of the world to know that they are not representative of average Americans--they just have bigger mouths and make a disproportionate amount of noise.

That said, is Obama the best president ever? I don't know, but in context of the larger picture, he's going to end up in a much higher rank historically than the right wants to believe.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:30 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I'm ashamed of the circus that is Washington, DC. Congress has turned this country into a world-wide joke.

Obama is the worst? No. Obama is the best? No.
TOL:
Did the founders set it up incorrectly then? Does the system lend itself to too much corruption or cronyism or is it the people in office?

Is the parliamentary system, for example, more effective in keeping cronyism and corruption at a minimum?

Old 08-23-2013, 08:34 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I'm ashamed of the way the far right has behaved over the last five years. They make Americans look like a bunch of backwoods, ignorant, religious, racist idiots. I would like the rest of the world to know that they are not representative of average Americans--they just have bigger mouths and make a disproportionate amount of noise.

That said, is Obama the best president ever? I don't know, but in context of the larger picture, he's going to end up in a much higher rank historically than the right wants to believe.
It is not about people having rural backgrounds.
Do you know the level of racism and intolerence that exists in other countries?

The reason they have disdain for America is because of the neocon agenda. The War Hawks and MIC.

It has nothing to do with the people you describe. Many countries around the world have rural areas with people who live simply. And Many countries contain racism.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:42 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
I'm not ashamed, not at all; he was elected twice, fair and square. I'm proud that we still live in a country where the people decide who holds what office.

I am tempted to say that I'm disappointed, but that isn't quite true. I heard the man speak at campaign stops and in debates. It isn't as if he hid his social-democrat agenda. Did he lie? Of course he did, as all politicians do. But his vision for this country was on display for all to see.

We're getting the government we collectively voted for, and that is a pity.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:42 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default I Am Ashamed That Barack Obama Is Our President

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And you should be ashamed too.

After 8 years of George W Bush, the most perfect opportunity that could have ever presented itself actually did present itself through a preponderance of ways, and somehow....some way....Barack Obama managed to screw it up.

What a wasted opportunity for the First Black President. I feel sorry for African Americans, because we all know they hung their collective hats on his election. And what did they get for it??

A pandering, listless, petulant, buffoon who has led from the back of the pack his entire Presidency.

How unfortunate we are. Barack Obama was poised to be one of the great President's of our nation, and instead he will undoubtedly go down in history as one of the worst.

What a crying shame.
Stop crying. It's undignified.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:43 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
It is not about people having rural backgrounds.
Do you know the level of racism and intolerence that exists in other countries?

The reason they have disdain for America is because of the neocon agenda. The War Hawks and MIC.

It has nothing to do with the people you describe. Many countries around the world have rural areas with people who live simply. And Many countries contain racism.
I was not denigrating people who live in rural areas. One can be rural and not have a "backwoods" mentality. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:57 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And you should be ashamed too.

After 8 years of George W Bush, the most perfect opportunity that could have ever presented itself actually did present itself through a preponderance of ways, and somehow....some way....Barack Obama managed to screw it up.

What a wasted opportunity for the First Black President. I feel sorry for African Americans, because we all know they hung their collective hats on his election. And what did they get for it??

A pandering, listless, petulant, buffoon who has led from the back of the pack his entire Presidency.

How unfortunate we are. Barack Obama was poised to be one of the great President's of our nation, and instead he will undoubtedly go down in history as one of the worst.

What a crying shame.
Maybe, but I'd likely be about as embarrassed by any conservative we could have in office instead.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:07 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Prove we argue about it every day hero
Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies