Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2013, 12:10 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoink View Post
Wow.

14 pages of trash-talking, argumentative, bashing, and highly pretentious idiots.

Don't you people have better things to do than to fight over a 52-year old man over his policies and health care?

You guys need to grow up.
OK Valerie, if you say so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 08:49 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I gave him more of a benefit of the doubt than you probably would expect. I wasn't quick to jump on him about the economy because of the hand he was dealt. But when it became clear that he was more about finger-pointing and less about solutions, I didn't have a choice to but to write him off as an unfortunate mistake. And that was when he actually had some semblance of a super-majority to help him out.

Since 2010, this President has made it abundantly clear what kind of leader he's not. Instead of leading from the back of the pack and blaming Republicans, he should have been a fixture in the halls of Congress, making personal appeals to the GOP instead of hiding in the West Wing and making "rare" phone calls. You know you're dealing with a timid, irrelevant puppet when all he can do is muster the energy to pick up the telephone instead of making face to face visits to make his case. Any astute professional (Barack is not one of them, obviously) knows that its MUCH harder to say no to someone when they're sitting right there in front of you. Lyndon Johnson had this down pat. Barack Obama, being a petulant narcissist, couldn't even force himself to do what he needed to do to get things done after the 2010 midterms.

I gave Obama plenty of wiggle room. Unfortunately for him, that wiggle room dried up when it became evident that he really has nothing to offer this country.
I agree. LBJ was far more effective with Congress than any of the Democrat Presidents that followed. Even though he had the advantage of a Democrat controlled Congress, LBJ still continued to work with the Republican minority. When the majority of Democrats opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1965, LBJ was able to get the majority of the Republicans to vote for it.

Between Carter, Clinton, and Obama, the least effective President has certainly been Obama.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:00 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
There has not been an effective republican President since Dwight David Eisenhower.

Of course, the worst President in the last century was the idiot frat boy from Texas, and thankfully the nation narrowly averted a frightening disaster in 2008, and yet another pair of wannabe neoconservatives in 2012.

Thinking Americans are quite happy that these twin disasters were avoided.

Keep up the great work Mr. President!

Old 08-31-2013, 11:29 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
What I am more ashamed of is that our american electorate was ignorant enough to elect him in the first place.... That is a true embarassment....
I'm embarrassed that the Republicans put forward a McCain/Palin ticket. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:47 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
There were a lot of people ashamed that Bush was our president as well.

Frankly, I didn't vote for Obama, but he's the president so he gets my respect although I may not agree with his policy.

That's all I'll say about that.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:02 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
There were a lot of people ashamed that Bush was our president as well.

Frankly, I didn't vote for Obama, but he's the president so he gets my respect although I may not agree with his policy.

That's all I'll say about that.
Courtesy is one thing, respect is something different entirely. Courtesy should be given freely, but respect has to be earned. The last President I had any respect for was Bush 41, for accomplishing the objective in the Gulf War of 1991 (which was to liberate Kuwait), and then getting the hell out while minimizing US casualties.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:05 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And you should be ashamed too.

After 8 years of George W Bush, the most perfect opportunity that could have ever presented itself actually did present itself through a preponderance of ways, and somehow....some way....Barack Obama managed to screw it up.

What a wasted opportunity for the First Black President. I feel sorry for African Americans, because we all know they hung their collective hats on his election. And what did they get for it??

A pandering, listless, petulant, buffoon who has led from the back of the pack his entire Presidency.

How unfortunate we are. Barack Obama was poised to be one of the great President's of our nation, and instead he will undoubtedly go down in history as one of the worst.

What a crying shame.
As if you were ever an advocate for him to "succeed" in the first place. It's just another miserable day for you on the internet isn't it? Lets be honest.

Old 08-31-2013, 02:29 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
Wait, you're saying all of his policies have failed? Many have succeeded, some have failed, some will take a few years before the affects can decidedly be called a success or failure.

As far as foreign policy goes there are some notable successes such as: Ordered then-CIA director to “redouble” efforts to track down and kill al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden. This after in 2005, Bush shut down the CIA’s unit dedicated to tracking him because resources were needed to fight the war in Iraq. Tracked downed and killed al-Queda's number 2. leader Atiyah abd al-Rahman. Obama ordered a drone attack that killed al-Qaeda propagandist Anwar Al Awlaki. Signed the Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability, and Divestment Act of 2010 which has had isolated and weakened Iran to some degree. The New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty halved the number of Russian and American nuclear missle launchers. Then there's the humanitarian aid to disaster struck areas like Haiti and East Africa.

Blah, blah, blah,...

Info from secret prisons led US to bin Laden's hideout | The Morning Sentinel, Waterville, ME

Secret prisons: Obama's order to close 'black sites' | World news | The Guardian

Old 09-01-2013, 01:27 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,423,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I believe with all that is within me, that the Democrat Party, and in particular, Obama's own people, arranged his re-election through voter fraud. They worked in concert with organizations such as ACORN, to manipulate the election (dead people voting, some people voting multiple times, etc.).

Here in Ohio, Republicans were energized, and ralleys were packed for Romney events, while Obama events showed smaller crowds, and less enthusiasm.

I believe the election was stolen (Democrats have been doing this for years). Nothing will convince me otherwise.
Here is PA Republicans were energized. Driving across the state twice right before the election there were anti-Obama signs everywhere. When the election came up and Obamas name was mentioned people shook their head in disgust or made faces even long time Democrats. Voter ID was required then it was not. People was shocked when Obama won the state.

Yep there was fraud, no doubt.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:28 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Your disillusionment and blame is misplaced. It is not Presidents who create surpluses or deficits, it is Congress. If you knew how your own government functioned, you would already know this.

Obama is a bad President because he does not abide by his oath of office to "...preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
  • He waged a unilateral war against Libya without prior approval from Congress;
  • He imposed unconstitutional off-shore oil drilling moratoriums in both the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska;
  • He unilaterally altered the immigration laws enacted by Congress; and
  • He unilaterally altered the Affordable Health Care Act enacted by Congress.
Just to name a few. In every other country on the planet Obama would be known as a fascist dictator.
Deficits caused by presidents are very easy to see in the following link.
http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

R. Reagan created deficits by lowering rich people's taxes, and by wasting money on things like "star wars" defense.

G(H)W Bush lowered Reagans deficits with certain tax increases.

B. Clinton had surpluses because he reversed Reagan's tax cuts for the rich.

GW Bush created deficits with his tax cuts for the rich, and with his unneeded $800 billion dollar Iraq war.

Then you say its wrong that Obama is waging war, but thats a bunch of BS. When GW Bush lied about Iraq, attacked Iraq for nothing, killed 100,000+ innocent Iraqi people, and killed 1,000's of US soldiers for nothing, I never heard a republican say a word about it.

You don't hate unjust wars you just hate Obama. But if Obama wanted supply side tax cuts you would love him, and you would not be whining about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies