Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 01:45 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Dont see how armed guards in schools is going to curtail anything.

Sad that we are headed toward a police state. Kids hate HS enough without having militant police personnel at the door. The only time kids should have to see this is if entering a courthouse.

Seems like privatized schools, privatized prisons for corporate profit is the real agenda here.

Seriously sad.
You don't see that? Adam Lanza shoots out the door to the school. The school police officer hearing shots fired rushes to the area and shoots him. Can you see that?

Question: Why do you suppose most mass shootings have taken place in gun free zones?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 01:46 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Oh, you mean the money is coming from the Obama administration and not the NRA that some posters are claiming here ?

Logic tells you that the government has to agree to having armed personnel in government schools.
Logic tells you that a lobbying group for Congress doesn't have the power or authority to allow armed personnel in schools.
Yes.
Private contractors.

many local police districts are in need of money, DHS is supplying it. In big amount$$.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:48 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
You don't see that? Adam Lanza shoots out the door to the school. The school police officer hearing shots fired rushes to the area and shoots him. Can you see that?

Question: Why do you suppose most mass shootings have taken place in gun free zones?

I'll take because everyone in a gun free zone and there is no risk of anyone shooting back for $1,000 Alex.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I don't want my kids to be surrounded by guns at school. But I am facing reality that the gun nuts have created a dangerous society. I'm afraid that arming our schools is the only way to keep them safe.
Maybe your kids can be like The Boy In The Plastic Bubble so they can be protected 24/7/365 from the harsh realities of this cold, cruel world.

"The Boy in the Plastic Bubble" Trailer - YouTube

Old 08-26-2013, 01:51 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Oh please. I get accused of being a "liberal" all the time here (I absolutely am compared to some of you) and I don't have a problem with school resource officers. Armed teachers are an insane idea.
What? I called you out or something? Well, if I did, it must have hit to close to home....

Quote:
I don't think I'd be accusing anyone else of spin if I were you. I already posted a link to a thread from this board, on the overwhelming support many of you had for arming teachers. Next time read the freaking thread before you go off on one of your (very typical and usually wrong) rants.
I go for armed teacher or armed guards...I don't care as long as they are properly trained...

And so does obama...yet I'm sure I can find many posters and threads that say that is the stupids thing in the world....

Obama On Guns: School Police Should Be Funded By Federal Government, But Not Required

Funny how the left can squirm and wiggle to get the words they need to back them up....

Old 08-26-2013, 01:53 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
READ the LINK at the beginning of the thread. The money is for 1,000 new SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICERS. Our resource officer carries a pistol, so you are WRONG. It may be a state thing though--it's allowed here.
The 3rd sentence talks about how 3 states have allowed teacher to carry on campus....SO it is relevant to this thread...

Maybe you need to read the link posted....

Here, just in case...

Quote:
At least three states have passed laws allowing teachers to be carry handguns on campus.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
First, I didn't say the children will be armed. However, the NRA and gun nuts on this board have repeatedly fantasized about arming everyone. You know, "the only thing to save us from a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

And I believe the President is making a decision based on the reality of the NRA's dream world, a society that's armed to the teeth and makes killing machines available to felons and the mentally ill. Oh, and children. Let's not forget the cute little pink guns and other "toys" that gun manufacturers sell specifically for children.

At the end of the day, it's a reality-based decision, not a political one. We can hate guns all day long, but the reality is that our children are in danger.

How else do you proposed to keep our children safe from the nut jobs and felons who get their hands on guns every day in this country?
I find it kind of ironic that liberals who say you don't need a gun because you can just call the police now all of a sudden have an issue with placing police in schools to protect their children. Can you take a shot (no pun intended) at explaining that mindset? Do liberals just like to hear the sound of their own voices trying to rid the world of these "evils" that they disagree with or something?

Old 08-26-2013, 01:56 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Frankly, Im fine with the more guns argument. Whatever.

fact is somewhere in this story the govt is lying to us.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:59 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
So schools are no longer "gun free" areas.
They are still "smoke free" though.

LOL..smoking a cigarette will get you in more trouble in the school parking lot than having a gun will.
Only in America are we that stupid.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:00 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Says the poster who defends Obama by saying the NRA fear mongering made him do it.

The seeds of fear have been planted. That is the best way to get laws passed isn't it ?
People are so full of emotion and fear that anything proposed is seen as good.

We are becoming a police state. We're slowly morphing into those images we see of foreign countries full of military walking the streets to keep everyone safe.

Go ahead and blame the NRA and the "gun nuts".
But it's the government and their funding that's making it all come to life.

Where's Gabby Giffords now that schools are announcing armed personnel ?
Of course we are. And that is exactly what gun nuts describe every day on this thread to tell us about the ideal society. "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," to quote the NRA.

Look, I'm not thrilled with the government going this way, either. I'm just completely unsurprised that we've come to this, given that it's the direction the gun lobby has been herding us for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies