Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 01:17 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times

Advertisements

google isnt " my friend" its edited.

Heres some interesting info: "robbie parker" parent of newtown victim worked for many years for spotter RF, among others.

SpotterRF Compact Surveillance Radar for Perimeter Security
Spotter RF | Drone Systems

yes indeed-those GRANTS$ are from DHS. BIG funding , big Fed money coming in to your local police dept.
Cui Bono?.
Not we the people, thats for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 01:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Oh please. I get accused of being a "liberal" all the time here (I absolutely am compared to some of you) and I don't have a problem with school resource officers. Armed teachers are an insane idea.

These are not school resource officers. These are armed security guards in many cases.
You convinced yourself a few posts back that these armed guards are what school have had for years namely resource officers.

They are not the same. Resource officers are not allowed to wear their guns in schools. I read somewhere that 99% of school resource officers were unarmed.

In some cases the resource officer is now armed, like Pembroke Pines FL just enacted.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:18 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
DId not take long...spins are in bold....

Not what we said...prove your BS by backing up your BS....

Spin number 2

I don't think I'd be accusing anyone else of spin if I were you. I already posted a link to a thread from this board, on the overwhelming support many of you had for arming teachers. Next time read the freaking thread before you go off on one of your (very typical and usually wrong) rants.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
These are not school resource officers. These are armed security guards.
You convinced yourself a few posts back that these armed guards are what school have had for years namely resource officers.

They are not the same. Resource officers are not allowed to wear their guns in schools.
READ the LINK at the beginning of the thread. The money is for 1,000 new SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICERS. Our resource officer carries a pistol, so you are WRONG. It may be a state thing though--it's allowed here.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

Heres some interesting info: "robbie parker" parent of newtown victim worked for many years for spotter RF, among others.

You accused me of making up the rape story, LOL! Nice backtracking. As for the rest...pfft.

And now I'm back to work. This is getting silly.

You edited your post--1,000 new school resource officers across the country is a drop in the bucket--it's not "big money for your town." How many schools are in one major metro area alone? If your school doesn't want one, then don't apply for one. It's an entirely voluntary program.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

yes indeed-those GRANTS$ are from DHS. BIG funding , big Fed money coming in to your local police dept.
Cui Bono?.
Not we the people, thats for sure.
Oh, you mean the money is coming from the Obama administration and not the NRA that some posters are claiming here ?

Logic tells you that the government has to agree to having armed personnel in government schools.
Logic tells you that a lobbying group for Congress doesn't have the power or authority to allow armed personnel in schools.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Oh, you mean the money is coming from the Obama administration and not the NRA that some posters are claiming here ?

Logic tells you that the government has to agree to having armed personnel in government schools.
Logic tells you that a lobbying group for Congress doesn't have the power or authority to allow armed personnel in schools.
Who ever said it was coming from the NRA. This grant program has been in place for at least the last decade. They're just adding money for 1,000 more school resource officers.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:28 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
And yet ... how else can we protect our children from American terrorists, now that we're awash in guns, and the American people are fully convinced that the wild west is a fun way to live?
We're open to suggestions, queen. So far nothing that most liberal types favor has worked. In the spirit of your fellow leftists: If you were president what would you do that would be so much better?

Old 08-26-2013, 01:29 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Who ever said it was coming from the NRA. This grant program has been in place for at least the last decade. They're just adding money for 1,000 more school resource officers.
Nobody. He's making stuff up. Again.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Nobody. He's making stuff up. Again.
Says the poster who defends Obama by saying the NRA fear mongering made him do it.

The seeds of fear have been planted. That is the best way to get laws passed isn't it ?
People are so full of emotion and fear that anything proposed is seen as good.

We are becoming a police state. We're slowly morphing into those images we see of foreign countries full of military walking the streets to keep everyone safe.

Go ahead and blame the NRA and the "gun nuts".
But it's the government and their funding that's making it all come to life.

Where's Gabby Giffords now that schools are announcing armed personnel ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies