Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 02:35 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,425,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Classifying the Ft Hood incident as terrorist is irrelevant.

The President has to sign off on the execution order, AFTER the appeals process has been resolved, so it's unlikely that Obama will ever see that order.

Obama is the nominal head of the Democratic Party (all Presidents are the nominal heads of their respective political parties), and as such he has ample reason to avoid such an unpopular move.

You shouldn't put down others in terms of intelligence when your own post shows a lack of research and thought.

The Obama administration's refusal to give the vicitms Purple Hearts speaks more to Obama's narcissism and self-obsession. It would mean Obama was the first President to issue Purple Hearts for acts of bravery on American soil since ..... Pearl Harbor. There is no way such a stain could be effaced from his record.

We couldn't have that when Obama was running around saying Al-Quaeda was on the run, decimated when he was campaigning for re-election could we now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 02:43 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,797 times
Quote:
Classifying the Ft Hood incident as terrorist is irrelevant.

The President has to sign off on the execution order, AFTER the appeals process has been resolved, so it's unlikely that Obama will ever see that order.

Obama is the nominal head of the Democratic Party (all Presidents are the nominal heads of their respective political parties), and as such he has ample reason to avoid such an unpopular move.

You shouldn't put down others in terms of intelligence when your own post shows a lack of research and thought.
Asking a question appears to "show a lack of research and thought"?

Obama will have to sign off on the death penalty verdict before it can be performed. Since Hasan has not presented much of defense during the trial or punishment phase, and if the results of the automatic appeal supports the death penalty and is not contested by Hasan, then the execution could conceivably take place within Obama's term.

At that point Obama will have to make a decision as to allowing the death penalty to be carried out, or commute it to a life sentence without parole. Given the administration's propensity to resist calling the murders a terrorist act, it is plausible that this act of "workplace violence" could be commuted to a life sentence.

Political affiliation has little to do with Presidential pardons and commutations, but should the sentence be commuted, I believe Texas does have the right to try Hasan in criminal court since there was a civilian murdered.

Thanks for your comment about "putting down others". I apologize for my words if they offended you. You are correct,...one should just ignore stupidity. Hey,...no one is perfect.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:47 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,425,615 times
he should eat pork everyday (rare) while he waits

Old 08-28-2013, 02:51 PM

5,663 posts, read 5,092,159 times
Quote:
He is an American citizen.
But he has repeatedly shown that he is not an American.

He should be executed military style. Well, a modified military style. Firing squad comprised of our best snipers. Using .22s. From a distance. With long breaks in between rounds. Medics would be available... if the shooters develop a blister.

Oh yeah, this should all be done at a pig farm. (Or is that unfair... to the pigs?)

It could take days to deliver justice.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:52 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,698,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Every once in a while, common sense breaks out in this country.

Send him to Texas, I understand they have an express lane for garbage like this.
He's under UCMJ so that won't matter.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:52 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Breaking, he just got the death penalty.

Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos

Old 08-28-2013, 02:53 PM

Default Nidal Ordered To Death

Lets see what the ditherer-in-chief makes of this sentence.

Fort Hood gunman Maj. Nidal Hasan sentenced to death | Fox News

Duplicate thread.

Please ignore.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:55 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
i will be very surprised if he receives the death penalty. Everyone knows the guy is a terrorist. The workplace violence thing was a legal decision. They know he's a terrorist and if they execute him he will be a martyr. I could be wrong, but i'm pretty confident he's going to spend life in jail rather than be executed.
surprise!

Old 08-28-2013, 03:01 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Asking a question appears to "show a lack of research and thought"?

Obama will have to sign off on the death penalty verdict before it can be performed. Since Hasan has not presented much of defense during the trial or punishment phase, and if the results of the automatic appeal supports the death penalty and is not contested by Hasan, then the execution could conceivably take place within Obama's term.

At that point Obama will have to make a decision as to allowing the death penalty to be carried out, or commute it to a life sentence without parole. Given the administration's propensity to resist calling the murders a terrorist act, it is plausible that this act of "workplace violence" could be commuted to a life sentence.

Political affiliation has little to do with Presidential pardons and commutations, but should the sentence be commuted, I believe Texas does have the right to try Hasan in criminal court since there was a civilian murdered.

Thanks for your comment about "putting down others". I apologize for my words if they offended you. You are correct,...one should just ignore stupidity. Hey,...no one is perfect.
President Obama will not be in office when the execution order will be ready. Even given Hasan's previous disinterest in putting up a defense, the automatic appeal will entail a complete review of the trial. And that will take longer than the rest of Obama's term in office.

And once again, whether the administration wants to call this a terrorist act or not, there is no rationale that you've offered for why "workplace violence" that resulted in 13 deaths and many more injuries would not warrant the death penalty. Until you can connect the dots, it would appear you haven't given this much thought.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Nidal Hasan sentenced to death for Fort Hood shooting rampage - The Washington Post

Too bad it didn't get tried in state or federal court, if this were in Virginia he'd probably be dead in 7 years.
I would rather wait until the current muslim in chief is out of office. Then fry him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies