Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 03:01 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
At least ctk0p7 won't have to hear anyone saying "I have a black friend" anymore since they are annoyed by it.
I was talking about if that was what you really wanted? I know I don't want the days of segregation back.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 03:03 PM

577 posts, read 512,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
At least ctk0p7 won't have to hear anyone saying "I have a black friend" anymore since they are annoyed by it.
It's not that it is annoying, I find it shameful that in this day and age that someone's color is put before who they are as a fellow human being.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:22 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
No one should have a problem with our first half black President making a speech on a day like today.

I don't think it matters if a voter voted for Obama or not, agrees or disagrees with his policies and his stance. We have to acknowledge the progress that has been made. I don't have to agree with Obama or even like him, to appreciate the prgress that has been made.

I think here in 2013 MLK would say that much more needs to be done, in all aspects of racial equality, that each individual is equal in status, and no one person should be treated more special then another.

I beleive that MLK was a man of integrity, and believed each individual ought to own up to his own pesonal responsibility. I think his speech was a moving speech, and that he had much courage, to do this march.

It is men like him i believe stand out. There are others, but today we are speaking about him.

I do not see that anyone on this day should have a problem with Obama speaking. If you like what he says fine, if not, don't pay attention. But on this day i believe it is fitting that Obama, did speak.

Sorry to disagree with some, and no, not everyone who has friends of the opposite race, are what you claim. Sorry to disagree i know both races who will not befriend someone of the opposite race, just the way they are. They are losing out, but this is their right. My circle of good friends come in black and white alike. What are you crazy or something. Not going to pretend for any one person, that i am good friends with blacks if i am not. Today in 2013 don't believe people are going to do this for anyone.

I have acquaintainces both black and white, who do not want to befriend someone of the opposite race. There right to do so, but boy are they missing out. A color to me has always just been a color and nothing more, good decent law abiding loving caring people come in all colors different religions, both genders.

Sorry to disagree but someone who is a true racist, does not play they have blacks as friends, because they won't be seen with a black. What kind of friends do some of you have. I have white educated friends who have never ever in front of my face, talked down or put down someone of color ever. Maybe that is the difference, some white trash, and there are educated. And FYI there is trash of any race out there, not just white, and yes always keeping it real.

Last edited by california-jewel; 08-28-2013 at 03:31 PM..

Old 08-28-2013, 03:50 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Can someone explain to me what Oprah is doing up there? Does she have a college degree in anything?

Why is the nation's biggest racist (Oprah) up there on that stage on this day?

What are her qualifications?

Old 08-28-2013, 05:09 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Can anybody tell us how many GOP speakers were on the stage today?

Old 08-28-2013, 06:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
And I read various articles from speakers about this event:

-Trayvon Martin is a martyr to his race just like MLK is
-The conservative Surpreme Court justices are members of the KKK because of Voter ID laws
-MLK would have fought for gay marriage and the end of the death penalty and increasing the minimum wage

I think we'll soon be seeing bumper stickers with "What would MLK do ?"

The NSA/FBI should have spoke about how they don't discriminate and spy on everyone especially MLK after his speech was over.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:38 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
After reasoned thought, I feel I must thank lionsgater for starting this thread. This thread has provided a perfect forum for highlighting the exact principles that Martin Luther King fought for and the attitudes and mindset he fought against. It showcases the prevalence of those same attitudes today. We, as an equal nation, have a long way to go.........maybe another 50 years..........I don't know.
so mlk fought against freedom of speech and personal opinions? I must have missed that part. if this thread has proved anything, it's that liberal thought, or lack thereof, is on its way out. when you automatically default to use of the word "racism" it's a failure on every level. next thing you know you'll be telling me that columbus deserves a federal holiday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies