Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 12:05 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times

Advertisements

When do you think the USA will begin to start pushing more and more against Iran? It seems the drone that crashed there could be the start of something, nothing like a trigger but a start nonetheless.

Do you think an invasion of Iran will happen within the next 2 years? Could Obama use this as a way to secure a re-election?

What scares me about Iran, is that things could get ugly quick if we do anything to them, due to other countries like China, Russia or even Venezuela
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 12:15 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,649,010 times
What would be the point of invading Iran? We should continue to try to obstruct their nuclear program through assassinations, limited air strikes, computer viruses, etc. However, we should not invade them under any circumstances. What would be the point of another lengthy occupation? More blood and treasure and for what? Will the Iranians be any more apt to be our friend and ally afterwards? Of course not.

No more empire. Let's get off this crazy train. Let's be the Republic we were intended to be. If we continue down this path, we're going to bankrupt our treasury, erode our liberties, and destroy what was once a great nation.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:17 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
When they invade/attack the United States.

When they invade/attack an ally of the United States.

When we can trace a nuclear terrorist attack to Iran

When they are killing their own people in a holocaust.

That would just about have to be it for me.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:28 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
When do you think the USA will begin to start pushing more and more against Iran? It seems the drone that crashed there could be the start of something, nothing like a trigger but a start nonetheless.

Only if the Persian girl at work turns me down.

Seriously, though, only after Iran takes direct action against the United States.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

I don't want to see war either, but you are saying you'd rather have a nuclear strike go off here than invade them?

Old 12-16-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Only if the Persian girl at work turns me down.

Seriously, though, only after Iran takes direct action against the United States.

Yeah, I think there has to be a sort of threshold though. I don't think we should go in like we did to Iraq, but I also don't think we should sit back and just wait for them to attack us first.

Tough to say though

But if we are gonna go to war from them, I like you will try to find a persian girl before the racism starts!

Old 12-16-2011, 12:50 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
I don't want to see war either, but you are saying you'd rather have a nuclear strike go off here than invade them?
I would invade them, if there were a nuclear attack that we could trace to them.

I would not support invasion without an act of war, and their development of nuclear weapons is not an act of war. Now, if we have cuban missile crisis evidence that they are planning on a nuclear strike on us, Israel, or Saudi Arabia, then yes, that would be grounds for invasion. But not on the evidence like we saw with Iraq, which was faked and cooked.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:55 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Never when they attack an ally of the US - I'm sure you mean Israel by that comment.
Let Israel, a great provocateur, fend for themselves.
You want to fight for Israel? Go to Israel and join their military.
We've given them enough money, weapons and secrets that they can fend for themselves. They've got their own army.

Quote:
No wonder the US is so hated.
Obviously you do want to see war, preemptive for no reason.
I guess you enjoyed the lie about Iraq and the ensuing deaths and costs - the reasoning was pretty much the same with a little "he tried to kill my daddy" thrown in; oh yeah, Bush's god told him to attack.

Their reach with any weapons cannot touch the US.
You want to kill millions of people for what? Because you don't like them.
Why does the US get to decide what kind of weaponry or anything else a sovereign nation does?
I think the US has too many weapons.
Why don't we start depleting our arsenals before we start telling other sovereign nations what to do?

Don't you get it? The US is the bully and will bankrupt itself to show the world it's got a bigger XXXX than they do.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:56 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
A domestic nuclear strike from any country would set off a war, but the possibility of such a strike happening is becoming ever more remote with each passing year. The U.S. has many layers of protection that makes a surprise nuclear strike an impossibility now.
Nukes are not easy to manufacture, transport, hide, or carry around. In fact, they are almost impossible to do so, despite all the movie fantasy that makes it seem possible.

Iran is not going to try to attack the U.S. with nukes. We are not Iran's big enemy- Israel is, and always has been.
The Israelis have spent the past 60 years developing the most sophisticated defenses in the middle east, and they can, and are willing, to use them.

There is no need for us to be sucked into nuclear war in the middle east. In the case of a nuclear war, the U.S. would be immensely stupid to intervene, just as Russia, China, India, Pakistan, Britain, France, Germany, and all the other nuclear powers would be.

This is a new century. We have learned the hard way that once we break it, we own it when it comes to foreign intervention. Iran has it's own deep internal problems, and our intervention is not going to help us in any way.

To the reverse, any intervention will only hurt us further- as long as we continue our total dependence on oil, we will hurt in the end more than we can possibly profit. Imagine how long it would take for our economy to completely collapse if gas hit $30 a gallon. An oil field that's contaminated with nuclear weapons is gone for good.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:56 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
Invade? likely, never! Won't Israel bomb from afar or by that and some flyovers? Like Bush Sr. did to Iraq that first time? I would think so. Wait, even BO may have to obey his puppet masters and send special forces into Iran. He's got a track record. I never thought he'd have done so with Libya but we did have a few, covert boots on the ground there, thanks to the Subversive Usurper in office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies