Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 07:49 PM

11,145 posts, read 10,718,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernesther View Post
I am a butch lesbian female. I do not have children. I don't care to date women that do. I have been looked down upon by my gay peers regarding my feelings on this issue..

1. I personally feel homosexuality disqualifies a couple from children. Biologically speaking, two people of the same sex CANNOT produce a child.

How about mixed families of hetero couples? If the requirement for raising children is that both parents be biologically related to the child then there are a whole lot of kids out there in serious trouble.

2. I view children (and their conception) heterosexual activity. In my eyes, if you have a child, at some point you liked men, therefore I classify that as hetero/bi sexual.

Science has this nifty thing that they invented about a century ago called artificial insemination. It isn't actually necessary for a woman to have intercourse with a man in order to become pregnant.

3. Considering the government does NOT acknowledge gay marriage in all states, how can a gay couple claim to have a legal and binding "family"?

Times are changing. I figure I've got a good 40 years left in my life barring any unforeseen accidents or illnesses, and I fully expect to see same sex marriage recognized on a national level before I die. Aside from that, let's go back to hetero couples again. A friend of mine has been living with the same woman for over 25 years. They got together when her son was 2 years old, and my friend has raised that child with more love than the child's biological father - who walked out right after the boy was born - ever even attempted to. My friend is not married to the woman, because neither of them feel that it is necessary to have a piece of paper saying what they already know. Are they any less of a family because they aren't married?

. Since I have no children and don't want any, I don't believe in co-parenting. I don't feel I should contribute to something I have no biological connection to. I don't feel its my responsibility. Someone's choices that they make when practicing heterosexual behavior are YOUR choices.

Call me cold, mean or whatever. I just feel people want to have their cake and eat it too, despite other lives being affected. I don't think its fair or right. And people just don't consider that America is still not really gay friendly. Does anyone think of the children involved and affected by adults who think sexuality is like a light switch?

I don't believe folks are born gay. Its a choice. But if you make a choice, stick with it.

Please no rude comments or name calling. Negative behavior is not a requisite for a difference of opinion.
The irony of your statement is that it's attitudes like yours which keep America from becoming gay friendly.

It's your right to not have children and to not date anyone who has children. However, saying it's wrong for someone to raise children in a same sex relationship is borderline ridiculous. I know many same sex couples who are raising children, and quite frankly their children tend to be more well-adjusted than the children of many hetero couples I know. What I've noticed is that same sex parents tend to be extremely involved in their children's lives, which leads to a much more nurturing childhood for their kids.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:50 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
They aren't you're kids.
I gave birth to them, so whose would they be?

Old 09-01-2013, 07:53 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
No I don't speak for every homosexual..I'm only speaking for me..

Question though: you stated you have children..so you must have liked men at some point. Unless there are extenuating circumstances..
You are either a troll or extremely uneducated.

Ever heard of IUI?

Ever heard of adoption?

The fact that you are so disgusted by the idea of caring about someone who has "no biological connection" to you speaks volumes about your humanity (or lack thereof).

My father has no biological connection to my son and has made these two statements just recently:

"He is my favorite person in the world."
"I don't know what I would do without him."

My son is 20 months old and I would do *anything* for his well-being. My parents worship the ground he walks on.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:57 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash Hulk View Post
being a parent is more than giving birth
I agree, but I was responding to the poster that said that my children are not mine.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:58 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,269,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I gave birth to them, so whose would they be?
It could belong to an alien. Have you seen the Movie "Aliens"?

Old 09-01-2013, 08:01 PM

87 posts, read 78,351 times
My opinions do not mean I'm angry. I just have a different perspective than most. I am in a committed relationship. My partner and I pretty much feel the same way about the issue. I'm not saying that lesbian don't have the right to conceive or raise children. And I am aware of other methods of conception. I just don't agree with it. To each its own..This posting reflects MY views and no one else's...

Old 09-01-2013, 08:01 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
They aren't you're kids.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:10 PM

87 posts, read 78,351 times
Ill be a troll..cthu...

I don't know how heterosexual relationships came into this conversation...

Yes I am aware of other means of conception..I'm also aware that those procedures are expensive and are not a covered service by most insurance carriers.

As prior stated, people can and will do whatever they please..there is nothing wrong with disagreement.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:15 PM

11,145 posts, read 10,718,210 times
Quote:
Ill be a troll..cthu...

I don't know how heterosexual relationships came into this conversation...

Yes I am aware of other means of conception..I'm also aware that those procedures are expensive and are not a covered service by most insurance carriers.

As prior stated, people can and will do whatever they please..there is nothing wrong with disagreement.
You started a thread that disparages the idea of same sex couples raising children, used fallacious arguments to support your point of view, then stated "to each their own." The phrase "I'll be" implies that you will do something in the future. IMHO, you should have posted the phrase "I'll be a troll" at the beginning of the thread for honesty's sake.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:15 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
I am a butch lesbian female. I do not have children. I don't care to date women that do. I have been looked down upon by my gay peers regarding my feelings on this issue..

1. I personally feel homosexuality disqualifies a couple from children. Biologically speaking, two people of the same sex CANNOT produce a child.

2. I view children (and their conception) heterosexual activity. In my eyes, if you have a child, at some point you liked men, therefore I classify that as hetero/bi sexual.

3. Considering the government does NOT acknowledge gay marriage in all states, how can a gay couple claim to have a legal and binding "family"?

. Since I have no children and don't want any, I don't believe in co-parenting. I don't feel I should contribute to something I have no biological connection to. I don't feel its my responsibility. Someone's choices that they make when practicing heterosexual behavior are YOUR choices.

Call me cold, mean or whatever. I just feel people want to have their cake and eat it too, despite other lives being affected. I don't think its fair or right. And people just don't consider that America is still not really gay friendly. Does anyone think of the children involved and affected by adults who think sexuality is like a light switch?

I don't believe folks are born gay. Its a choice. But if you make a choice, stick with it.

Please no rude comments or name calling. Negative behavior is not a requisite for a difference of opinion.
Right, you are a butch lesbian female..... just because you type that on the internet doesn't make it true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies