Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 06:11 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,739,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
If you check out the UNALTERED receipt, it is pretty obvious to anyone that the offending word and the signature were NOT written by the same person (or even with the same pen).

Red Lobster Waitress Suspended After Posting Customer’s ‘Racist’ Receipt On Facebook : Sandra Rose

Pretty sad attempt at playing the race card, if you ask me.

20yrsinBranson
Just another attention seeking, narcisistic, millenial at work.
ANd she is going to be a nurse? Well if I ever get sick at her hospital I will ensure she is not my nurse.
she would only care about herself.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:50 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,123,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Is Red Lobster some sort of protected business? Why would it matter one way or the other? Are you more upset that Red Lobster's name was shown or the girl recieving a crude ignorant comment on the bill?
Normally I disagree with you on a variety of topics, but on this particular one I agree with you. Not sure why the outrage of posting someone's receipt copy is a big deal. Granted, Red Lobster can probably get sued from some B.S. invasion of privacy crap from the racist customer, but, I have a feeling this particular customer will do whatever it takes to keep a low profile.

If this whole thing is true, and I have no reason to believe it's not, then it's a shame that the waitress has to be put on paid leave. I realize the Red Lobster has to protect itself, but I hope they support her while she is out and welcome her back when this blows over.

I just wish she didn't bring up her knock on the southern states. Racism exists everywhere unfortunately.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:35 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,836,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Thank You for a very sensible post. Everything you speculate is right on.

I am not handwriting expert, but the handwriting does not match the singnature. Look at it close up as i did.

I think more facts need to surface. However if this is a true receipt , someone did something in very bad taste, my feelings on this. And was a handwriting expert brought in. Hate to say it but in these cases, there should be, with the many lawsuits filed today.

It is either likely that she did, or she did not, that is why it makes sense to bring a handwiriting expert in.

Lmao oh so the written slur suppose to match the signed signature? lololol

Old 09-10-2013, 08:38 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,213,341 times
Amazing how so many are assuming this is a hoax and are insulting the waitress. Just pathetic all the way around. Not sure why I'm surprised at some folks here.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:48 AM

1,110 posts, read 673,492 times
Not going to read this whole thread so sorry if this has been said.

With the transaction number and auth code, it is very simple to track the final tally (which would indicate a tip). One permitted access to do the search could easily verify the legitimacy of this.

How sad is it if this were manufactured? And how sad would if be if someone so enraged would go out and senselessly muss-up a cracker over it?

Either way it's stokin racial tension but please, let us find out who's doing the stoking before jumping to conclusions.

Last edited by AKA Bubbleup; 09-10-2013 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 09-10-2013, 09:59 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,019,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I've been called cracka, ooooh that's right it's ok to call whites names.

Actually, I do think this is sad. That waitress could be on welfare instead but she is working. As for those able bodied people collecting welfare people call them lowlifes (black or white).
I don't think anyone thinks it's okay to call whites names? Where did you get that?

Any sane and level headed black person would agree that it's not okay to call whites.

I will say, people will do what they want. Therefore just because you've been called a name by some black, that doesn't mean the entire black race thinks it's okay. I know whites like you seem to pull that argument out.

I've been cut off on the highway by white people, does that mean all whites agree it's okay to cut blacks off on the highway? No, of course not, that would be utter stupidity.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:18 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,879,951 times
The handwriting looks different... the signature looks different from the derogatory language.. anyone else?

Old 09-10-2013, 10:24 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,294,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Btw, the writing (which appears feminine) does not match he signature.
Not commenting on whether it's real or not, but many people have signatures that don't match their regular handwriting. Frequently, they do it on purpose; I knew a property manager whose signature looked like a 6 year old's drawing of a mountain range. His handwriting was messy, but normal cursive.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:30 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,428,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Not commenting on whether it's real or not, but many people have signatures that don't match their regular handwriting. Frequently, they do it on purpose; I knew a property manager whose signature looked like a 6 year old's drawing of a mountain range. His handwriting was messy, but normal cursive.
The bubbly letters appear more feminine in the "comments."
The signature does not appear like most women's sigs I have seen.
I of course could be way off in this instance...I just see a lot of writing and signatures to compare.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:37 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,834,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The bubbly letters appear more feminine in the "comments."
The signature does not appear like most women's sigs I have seen.
I of course could be way off in this instance...I just see a lot of writing and signatures to compare.
I agree.

The signature definatly looks more masculin and the total line more feminin in my uneducated opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies