Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 05:52 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,024,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
This is not rocket science man. Figure it out for yourself.
Ha Ha Ha dumbassed city slicks get dead every day in the remote ares of the USA. They haven't got a clue. In YS you would just be good bait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
what gun would you recommend for somebody who has never fired a gun before, but wants one for home security.

i would never bring it outside and would just keep it nearby in an area where only i can reach it.

thanks.
With that criteria NONE......... You would never learn to use it for a thing.

IMO if you want to learn shooting take a course with a rental gun. IMO a .22 rifle should be anyone's first gun. 98% of people can't hit a barn with a pistol if they are locked in it.

Don't take my word for it, go rent a 22 hand gun, and show me your first target shot as 25 feet. LOL

Mostly you will miss the paper.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
People have been walking through Yellowstone with no protection for over 75 years. A visitor is more likely to scald to death in the geyser basins than death by wildlife, and in the other areas of the park, the animals don't make a regular practice of killing humans. It only happens when some city folk get into an animal's treat zone and the critter has no escape.

And nothing is going to stop a buffalo or an elk at range that close.

I live close to the Park, and have visited it hundreds of times in all seasons and weathers. I've seen every species that lives in the park over the years, and none has ever threatened me. Rangers are armed, and they are very protective. They also know where the wildlife is much better than any tourist.

Allowing guns in Yellowstone is only going to lead to more deaths similar to the little girl's.
Back in 05 I showed up at the gate and read the sign! I live in the White Mt's National Forest where it is the land of many uses. I was stunned to find no hunting happens there, and guns were a problem. Didn't matter to me, I passed thru with 2 anyway.

The strangest thing was in St Louis at the park there, with the Lewis and Clark museum, they made me take my folding pocket knife back to my bike. In YS they were selling the same brand and model

Old 09-10-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Tragedy, parents in hell on earth.

".... And for the first time since 1938, the victim was a child..."

So in 75 years one child was killed in yellowstone compared to how many just this past weekend in Chicago and how many in Newark, etc.?

The real concern for safety is set aside to make a political point by anti-gun, thoughtless, as in absence of thought, activist.

Where is the outrage when children are killed by gangs living off the drug trade in cities teeming with police?

Tragdy posted for political points...sad!
This is what the PC mean by saving that one child, when they have allowed all the rest to go to waste. By saving the one the entire 'Village' has allowed the rest to be shark bait.

I agree the gun carrier of this family unit made a horrible error, but it's none of our business.

The grabbers are having another feeding frenzy, but that's what sharks do. They are all about banning all guns.... Their agenda calls for ALL, one at a time

never gonna happen..... 0 TOLERANCE to gun grabbers

Old 09-10-2013, 06:19 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,211,650 times
Quote:
I guess the gun nuts are hell bent on outing their own. Chances are that this child would have had the opportunity to shoot herself at home as well, being that are parents are obviously as dumb as a box of rocks.
Children have drowned in the hot pools; they have been killed by bear; they have fallen off of mountains. what's your point? Sometimes terrible things happen.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-10-2013, 06:45 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,187,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
This is what the PC mean by saving that one child, when they have allowed all the rest to go to waste. By saving the one the entire 'Village' has allowed the rest to be shark bait.

I agree the gun carrier of this family unit made a horrible error, but it's none of our business.

The grabbers are having another feeding frenzy, but that's what sharks do. They are all about banning all guns.... Their agenda calls for ALL, one at a time

never gonna happen..... 0 TOLERANCE to gun grabbers
An "error"? In my book and error is something that you can fix with an eraser or Whiteout. Enabling your toddler to have access to a gun? Not an error. Well, maybe in country bumpkin land...

Old 09-10-2013, 06:48 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,187,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Children have drowned in the hot pools; they have been killed by bear; they have fallen off of mountains. what's your point? Sometimes terrible things happen.

20yrsinBranson
So a three year old is on its own. Let the chips fall where they may in the safety and caution department. Okay...gotchya.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
An "error"? In my book and error is something that you can fix with an eraser or Whiteout. Enabling your toddler to have access to a gun? Not an error. Well, maybe in country bumpkin land...
An error is allowing the PC to create law and vote. An error is allowing abortions to be legal in most cases. An error is not teaching your children well, and about arms if they will be subjected to them as I was. by the time i turned 6 I was given my first .22 rifle, and i was trusted with it to not shoot other people.

You PC are inept and at age 26 are still unfit to be deemed adult. And city dwellers know even less and would plain starve had they any real need to care for themselves.

When you PC end abortion, maybe then i will think of you as somewhat more serious about the value of life.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:10 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,873,576 times
So the OP wants to take guns away from dumb people, or outlaw the carrying of guns? I don't get it.

I wonder how this fits into the whole "all we want is to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally insane" or "all we want is to ban weapons of war".

Old 09-10-2013, 07:17 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,862,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Freedom is for smart people and dumb people... you can't ban freedom from smart people because of dumb people... anti-gun fanatics can't understand that...
True. Around here where I live a number of people have driven over and killed their own kids or grandkids or nephews or nieces.

No one, not even the most fanatic liberal has suggested banning cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies