Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 06:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,923,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The problem in American society is Conservative thought and absurd nonsense like this. Burning the Koran is likely to spark violence of an imminent nature, and stopping it does not violate 1AM rights.

President Obama is and always has been a superb President. SUPERB. Evidence of this is the fact that you Pubs are insane with nonsense like this. Face it, you can't touch the greatness of this President and the fine job he has done. The more effective he is the more you hapless Conservatives complain. It's a good sign when Pubs are complaining.
Wanting to burn a bunch of Korans is dumb IMHO. Tho the reason to avoid pissing off the Muslim world don't fly with me since some Muslims attacked the place where Jesus Christ was said to be born a couple of years back and the "Christians" def did NOT bother with wanting to off the Middle East over that mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 06:39 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,807,098 times
Poor dear. He suffers so from Islamophobia.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:40 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,469,809 times
Quote:
The problem in American society is Conservative thought and absurd nonsense like this. Burning the Koran is likely to spark violence of an imminent nature, and stopping it does not violate 1AM rights.
Yes, it does.

Using your logic, you can jail someone for anything. If wearing a purple shirt offended someone enough to cause violence are you going to ban purple shirts?

Your argument is ridiculous.
Quote:
President Obama is and always has been a superb President. SUPERB. Evidence of this is the fact that you Pubs are insane with nonsense like this.
Jailing people for speaking out against Islam is not nonsense. If you make speech illegal if it is likely to cause violence, then you are allowing people to commit extortion. All someone has to do is go "If you say X I'm going to kill someone" and then X becomes illegal. That's not a way to run a free society.
Quote:
Face it, you can't touch the greatness of this President and the fine job he has done.
Yes your worship of Obama is well known. However, you seem to be forgetting the open minded and tolerant part of liberalism. It may be news to you, but other people are allowed to have different opinions than you do.
Quote:
The more effective he is the more you hapless Conservatives complain.
That's true. Because what Obama wants to do is against the constitution. Perhaps, like freedom of speech and tolerance of people with different opinions, you haven't heard of that either. The President is not supposed to change legislation with executive orders, or make recess appointments when there isn't a recess, or launch a war against Libya without the consent of congress, or use the IRS as a political enforcement agency, or spy on American citizens, or send guns to drug cartels in Mexico, or loan hundreds of millions of tax dollars to companies he's been told aren't viable, or appoint czars without the consent of congress, or refuse to enforce immigration law or DOMA. These are all violations of his oath of office. That is fact regardless of whether you agree with his politics or not. So yes, when Obama effectively breaks the law then we complain about it.
Quote:
It's a good sign when Pubs are complaining.
Really? I thought Obama was supposed to bring the nation together and usher in a new era of bipartisanship.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:40 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,473,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Terry Jones, a registered democrat
... who once hanged President Obama in effigy. Could you point out where exactly in the Official Democrat Party Obama Worship Book™ that sort of behavior is sanctioned?

Old 09-11-2013, 06:42 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,473,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Poor dear. He suffers so from Islamophobia.
Enriching a Koran publisher by purchasing 3,000 of its books is a rather odd way to show it.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:45 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,242,292 times
Quote:

President Obama is and always has been a superb President. SUPERB. Evidence of this is the fact that you Pubs are insane with nonsense like this. Face it, you can't touch the greatness of this President and the fine job he has done. The more effective he is the more you hapless Conservatives complain. It's a good sign when Pubs are complaining.
Would you say the same if an Inman was caught with 1000's of bibles meant for burning? Or 1000's of US flags?

Old 09-11-2013, 06:45 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,513,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Yeah sure, I doubt anyone has ever even heard about someone being arrested for that. You know that this Clown Adm. following him.

After all it's easier to hassle patriotic Americans expressing themselves than to deal with Putin or Syria LOL !!!

Haaar! Patriotic Americans, while claiming to be christians, burn their twice elected President in effigy on their church lawn? I'm REALLY laughing out loud ............

Old 09-11-2013, 06:48 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,566,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post

I guess in FEEBLE Liberal minds burning korans is equal to muslim beheadings and suicide bombing against unarmed civilians.

Obama= Jimmy Carter on steroids, ultra weak and incompetent.
Feel better now?

I'm having a hard time getting all worked up because some dimwit wants to burn things.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-12-2013 at 12:23 PM..

Old 09-11-2013, 06:49 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,513,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I wonder what the cops did with 3000 kerosene soaked books.
I know what I'd do with them: after determining they're not needed for any prosecutorial evidence presentation, I'd waltz them on over to the nearest mosque and let them deal with the things. They'd probably burn 'em and I'd be on the other side of the fence with a long lens recording the event.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:54 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,116,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I know what I'd do with them: after determining they're not needed for any prosecutorial evidence presentation, I'd waltz them on over to the nearest mosque and let them deal with the things. They'd probably burn 'em and I'd be on the other side of the fence with a long lens recording the event.
Very professional
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies