Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 05:57 PM

38,026 posts, read 22,203,129 times

Advertisements

John Kerry (war with Iraq) part 1 of 2 - YouTube

John Kerry (war with Iraq) part 2 of 2 - YouTube

19 minutes of torture await you, if you would deign to sit thru Kerry drone on and on and on, as he makes the case for going to war

Last edited by Wapasha; 09-18-2013 at 06:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 06:16 PM

57,390 posts, read 26,302,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Kerry is a hawk, and Obama specifically chose him to succeed Hillary.

No, you're not missing anything. Obama is just another warmonger.
Kerry is not a hawk and that is not the issue.

The title of the thread indicates his stance on Iraq is now missing.
His voting record on Iraq in 2003 has not disappeared by an intervention by big brother as mentioned in several posts.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:21 PM

89,143 posts, read 44,939,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Kerry is not a hawk
Sure he is. He voted to go to war in Iraq, and he's advocating going to war in Syria. That's why Obama hand-selected him to succeed Hillary. He's a hawk.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:35 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,151,932 times
Quote:
Kerry voted for the war in 2003, his vote is on record am I missing something. Same issue with Hagel.
Yes, you're missing something. Read the OP and enlighten yourself.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Oct. 9, 2002: Sen. John Kerry said, "I will be voting to give the president authority to use force to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe a deadly arsenal of WMDs in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
Exactly. He's on record numerous times supporting the Iraq War. And now, as Secretary, he continues to lie about his record. To make matters worse, the official transcripts of those lies he's told have been scrubbed to make it look like he never told those lies. It's disgusting.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:45 PM

57,390 posts, read 26,302,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yes, you're missing something. Read the OP and enlighten yourself.
State department transcript vs voting record? His voting record indicates he was in support, why would they scrub a transcript and not also change his voting record.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
State department transcript vs voting record? His voting record indicates he was in support, why would they scrub a transcript and not also change his voting record.
Why would they scrub the transcript at all? That's the question. His support for the Iraq War is unquestionable, and is not the issue at hand.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:59 AM

32,820 posts, read 19,516,343 times
Quote:
Kerry is not a hawk and that is not the issue.

The title of the thread indicates his stance on Iraq is now missing.
His voting record on Iraq in 2003 has not disappeared by an intervention by big brother as mentioned in several posts.
you missing the point

from the OP:
Quote:
“You know, Senator Chuck Hagel, when he was senator, Senator Chuck Hagel, now secretary of defense, and when I was a senator, we opposed the president’s decision to go into Iraq, but we know full well how that evidence was used to persuade all of us that authority ought to be given.” —Secretary of State John F. Kerry, in an interview with MSNBC, Sept. 5, 2013
mean while back in the land of the truth:
Quote:
John Kerry, while voting YES to the Resolution authorizing US military force against Iraq:

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force - if necessary - to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."

Senator John Kerry (Democrat, Massachusetts)
Addressing the US Senate
October 9, 2002

-----------------------
"It is the duty of any president, in the final analysis, to defend this nation and dispel the security threat. Saddam Hussein has brought military action upon himself by refusing for 12 years to comply with the mandates of the United Nations. The brave and capable men and women of our armed forces and those who are with us will quickly, I know, remove him once and for all as a threat to his neighbors, to the world, and to his own people, and I support their doing so."

Statement on eve of military strikes against Iraq
March 17, 2003
-----------------------------

"It appears that with the deadline for exile come and gone, Saddam Hussein has chosen to make military force the ultimate weapons inspections enforcement mechanism. If so, the only exit strategy is victory, this is our common mission and the world's cause."

Statement on commencement of military strikes against Iraq
March 20, 2003
---------------------------
"I think it was the right decision to disarm Saddam Hussein. And when the president made the decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm him."

During a Democratic Primary Debate at the University of South Carolina
May 3, 2003

------------------------------------

"Those who doubted whether Iraq or the world would be better off without Saddam Hussein, and those who believe today that we are not safer with his capture, don't have the judgment to be President, or the credibility to be elected President.

No one can doubt or should doubt that we are safer -- and Iraq is better -- because Saddam Hussein is now behind bars."

Speech at Drake University in Iowa
December 16, 2003

the simple fact is kerry just lied
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies