Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2013, 04:24 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,737,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Sorry but an undiagnosed killer will find any means necessary to accomplish his task. If he's intent on killing he'll find a way to do it whether he uses a bomb, axe, butcher knife, plastic bag to suffocate - the fact a gun is not available will not stop his desire to kill.

Right now the only threat to my family are people like you, who if and when a need arises will be clambering over each other trying to find safety behind someone with a gun. If push comes to shove and chaos erupts - you and everyone like you will be grabbing for whatever you can use to protect you and yours - if you're that naive to think you won't you'll be dead.
A pity....your posts were pretty good quality until resorting to the highlighted baloney.

Chaos isn't going to erupt - outside of the continuing gun rampages like the latest in the Navy yard. And you'll keep rolling the dice, praying that it's not your family next.

You have to have your guns because others do. Others have to have their guns because you do. Millions upon millions of gun-centric minds incapable of replacing animal instinct with reason. A lifetime of chasing tails. What a waste.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:05 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,834,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
A pity....your posts were pretty good quality until resorting to the highlighted baloney.

Chaos isn't going to erupt - outside of the continuing gun rampages like the latest in the Navy yard. And you'll keep rolling the dice, praying that it's not your family next.

You have to have your guns because others do. Others have to have their guns because you do. Millions upon millions of gun-centric minds incapable of replacing animal instinct with reason. A lifetime of chasing tails. What a waste.
Right...

Maybe we will make all guns illegal, then no one will have them just like the war on dru... Oh wait, even though drugs are completely illegal they are still bought, sold, made and imported with ease. Our prisons are full because of the black market created by the government.
How would guns be any different?

Old 09-20-2013, 07:44 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,650,859 times
Quote:

Wait a minute....you feel firearms owners are just blind followers of a crowd, operating on pure instinct? Ummm...no. We are firm individualists, who reason that we have a responsibility to be ready and able to protect our families and homes. Free of reliance on the state or ruling classes pitiful "police".

If one feels that faith and reliance on the state to protect you is somehow morally superior, all I can offer is my sympathy.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:50 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,750,116 times
Quote:

Really? so people did not go to Korea town during the LA riots? or to a Friends house who had guns?

Chaos isn't going to erupt...
The riots of the 1960s
1988The Aftermath of the The Loma Prieta earthquake
Aftermath of Hurricane Andrew
1991 - 1991 Washington, DC riot, Mount Pleasant riot, May 5–9, Washington, D.C.
1991 - Crown Heights Riot, August 1991, Brooklyn, New York
1992 The LA riots
1996 - St. Petersburg, Florida Riot 1996, October 1996, St. Petersburg, Florida
1997 - The July 4th Immigration Demonstration Lockdown, July 1997, Los Angeles, California
1999 - WTO Meeting of 1999, "The Battle in Seattle", November 1999, Seattle, Washington
1999 - Michigan State University student riot, April 1999, (East Lansing, Michigan)
1999 - Woodstock '99 music festival riot, August 1999, (Rome, New York)
Aftermath of Hurricane Katrina
The trial of trayvon martin and fears of race based violence that were present during the trial..
Flash mob attacks

when have people like you ever been right?

at least 120,000,000 Americans are gun owner, who have reason, logic and common sense...they understand that the police keep be everywhere all the time, and sometime the police wont show up...they understand that their personal safety and survival is their personal responsibility, and not to relay on others for it.

Funny how you claim we follow "animal instinct" while you can not even look at history to see well documented cases of where personal ownership of firearms has keep people alive and unharmed, as well as prevented the descent into total anarchy.

We are not "gun centeric" we are Liberty centered, and we are will to defend those rights to the death if need be..

We will not compromise with you any more...when ever we give you a foot you take a mile..we will not give a single inch...

Funny how you don't use reason and follow the instinct of fear...

Old 09-20-2013, 09:52 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,750,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Sorry but an undiagnosed killer will find any means necessary to accomplish his task. If he's intent on killing he'll find a way to do it whether he uses a bomb, axe, butcher knife, plastic bag to suffocate - the fact a gun is not available will not stop his desire to kill.

Right now the only threat to my family are people like you, who if and when a need arises will be clambering over each other trying to find safety behind someone with a gun. If push comes to shove and chaos erupts - you and everyone like you will be grabbing for whatever you can use to protect you and yours - if you're that naive to think you won't you'll be dead.
Do you really want him and people like him to survive?

Old 09-20-2013, 09:53 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,977,044 times
Quote:
I chuckle every time I hear a gun nut say that their gun zealotry is "protecting their freedom" when, in fact, it is doing exactly the opposite. For there is no more effective way to insure a growing police state than a no-compromise pro-gun stance. And it is happening as we speak. They think they are gliding down the highway when, in fact, they are slip-sliding away. Regrettably, so are we all.

This latest in the long chain of tragedies will once again crank security concerns up another notch, resulting in more suspicion, more checkpoints, more searches, more impediment to people being left alone to go about their business free of harassment and challenge.

Everyone can see where this is going....that is, everyone not blinded by the religion of their gun-centric upbringing. Gun nuts are gradually frittering away all other freedoms in trade for one. And anyone willing to trade freedom for guns deserves neither.
Only in the black neighborhoods, Not where I live. Sorry your rant if just foolishness born of frustration from your left wing inability to get any gun bans passed. You lost suck it up.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
All the cards are face up on the table now, aren't they? A revealing glimpse into the inner psyche of the gun-obsessed. Genghis Khan smiles in approval.

Reading these posts brings me closer to believing in reincarnation. It can't be easy living in a culture evolved centuries beyond your time.

Klaatu's warning - YouTube

Old 09-21-2013, 10:44 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,834,221 times
Quote:
All the cards are face up on the table now, aren't they? A revealing glimpse into the inner psyche of the gun-obsessed. Genghis Khan smiles in approval.

Reading these posts brings me closer to believing in reincarnation. It can't be easy living in a culture evolved centuries beyond your time.

Klaatu's warning - YouTube
This thread just went off the deep end

Old 09-21-2013, 11:40 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times
Quote:

Excellent post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Wait a minute....you feel firearms owners are just blind followers of a crowd, operating on pure instinct? Ummm...no. We are firm individualists, who reason that we have a responsibility to be ready and able to protect our families and homes. Free of reliance on the state or ruling classes pitiful "police".

If one feels that faith and reliance on the state to protect you is somehow morally superior, all I can offer is my sympathy.
Yes, you are. You are a follower of the gun culture, like it or not. I'm not saying that's good or bad, but all the folks I know shooting cans in their backyard are NOT 'firm individualists".

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Nice. Don't worry. When the zombie apocalypse hits ~ I won't call you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351;31494308[B
]Only in the black neighborhoods[/b], Not where I live. Sorry your rant if just foolishness born of frustration from your left wing inability to get any gun bans passed. You lost suck it up.
Well, natch.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
This thread just went off the deep end
The objective was to make you think.

You'll deny it, but I know it did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies