Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 02:37 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
The sickness is spreading.
At least he's honest about it unlike politicians and all of the other people who are a part of the gun phobia crowd.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:38 PM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
You are correct, I have nothing but hate and disdain for the idiots that support some kind of violent uprising against the United States government and the American people.

I will never understand anyone that would support the actions of a group of murderous traitors.
WOW , you've come up with this all because we don't want to give up a right supported by our constitution ??

Old 09-18-2013, 02:40 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Dont get the idea i'm an advocate for guns, i'd ban every one of em but thats not a realistic goal in todays USA.CrownVic what legislation would you enact to prevent next months mass murder or the thousand people who are going to die in that month from guns ?
I think we're a long ways from the nuts and bolts of specific legal action. And it would be an exercise in futility, as you suggest, to attempt that approach in the absence of a massive educational campaign targeting the knee-jerk guns-for-all proponents. We need to find ways to get their attention so as to enable them to watch themselves chasing their tails. To watch themselves in action creating the public safety nightmare that drives their psychological need for more guns.

It will take 50 years....perhaps a hundred years....to get where I'd like us to go. And in the end, the effect of education - not legislation - will be the prime mover in the new direction. The hardest part is getting people to look in the mirror.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:41 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
You are correct, I have nothing but hate and disdain for the idiots that support some kind of violent uprising against the United States government and the American people.

I will never understand anyone that would support the actions of a group of murderous traitors.
Unless I missed the memo, I don't think revolution II has actually started.....Yet. Unless you can prove murder and treason in court, it's not nice to call people names.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:42 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I think we're a long ways from the nuts and bolts of specific legal action. And it would be an exercise in futility, as you suggest, to attempt that approach in the absence of a massive educational campaign targeting the knee-jerk guns-for-all proponents. We need to find ways to get their attention so as to enable them to watch themselves chasing their tails. To watch themselves in action creating the public safety nightmare that drives their psychological need for more guns.

It will take 50 years....perhaps a hundred years....to get where I'd like us to go. And in the end, the effect of education - not legislation - will be the prime mover in the new direction. The hardest part is getting people to look in the mirror.
What does this even mean?
Indoctrination? Very brave new world of you

Old 09-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
WOW , you've come up with this all because we don't want to give up a right supported by our constitution ??
No, I came up with it based on the number of gun nuts that claim to need stockpiles of guns and ammo so they will be prepared for when the time comes to overthrow the government.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
No, I came up with it based on the number of gun nuts that claim to need stockpiles of guns and ammo so they will be prepared for when the time comes to overthrow the government.
How many is a "stockpile" of guns and ammo?

Old 09-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Sco

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
How many is a "stockpile" of guns and ammo?
How many do you think you need to overthrow the US government?

Old 09-18-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
How many do you think you need to overthrow the US government?
I'm not trying to overthrow the government, how many is in a "stockpile"?
If you have more than 7 days worth of food in your house, is that a "stockpile"?

Old 09-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Sco

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I'm not trying to overthrow the government, how many is in a "stockpile"
Ask one of your gun nut buddies. They are the ones that claim to need guns and ammo to protect against the tryanny of our democratically elected government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies