Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2013, 08:37 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,972,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Because the business delay was not central to the law. The individual mandate is central to the law.
It's always important to you, to pick and choose parts of law to follow and parts to ignore or delay because it's expedient politics to do so, right?

Quote:
I am in favor of single payer healthcare. In terms of the business mandate versus the individual mandate being delayed, I don't favor anything.
Because, when you're a radical, ANYTHING that moves power toward government is acceptable. This is about centralized power, not health care, not economics, not saving money, and not about helping people. This is about making sure that politics and politicians control more choices and money.

Quote:
I just understand that the individual mandate is vital to the law in a way that the business mandate is not and that gutting that part of the bill destroys the healthcare bill.
Anything to salvage a bad idea that transfers more power and ability to engage in cronyism, right?

Quote:
I don't know that there have been 19 delays of the law from President Obama. I think here have been 4 or 5. The 19 delays myth is a conservative lie that has no basis in reality.
It doesn't matter if the "number" is wrong or not.

The point is, no part of any agency administering Obamacare is obeying the law. And, you don't want them to.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:39 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Once upon a time, if Republicans or Democrats didn't like certain laws or policies, they actually went to the trouble of winning elections that garnered sufficient control of the House, Senate, and White House to move forward with an agenda through the legislative process. That was the intent of the Constitution.

Now, since that hasn't worked out for them, supposedly Constitution-loving Republicans have decided to toss all that out the window and just use what hold they have in the House to conduct plain and simple economic terrorism.

We can't get what we want through legislation? Fine, we'll shut down the government, slash the credit rating, and screw over the economy.

It's disgusting, and no decent, Constitution-loving person should stand for this, regardless of their personal opinion of Obamacare.

When the government shuts down in a few days and bills/benefits already owed stop being paid; the nation's credit rating gets downgraded and interest on foreign debt shoots up; and your IRA/401K takes a hefty hit...remember come next election that you have the Republicans to thank for this. They will own 100% of it.

The rest of us sane members of the United States should not negotiate with terrorists.

The Nazi party was "elected"...so what?

Just because the Democratic dictatorship of Obama, Pelosi and Reid was elected doesn't make their lawless rule that followed any less in defiance of the will of the people or the US Constitution.

As for Obamacare, two words...."Scott Brown"

Save the righteous indignation for the "deemed to be passed crowd".

Republicans took control of the House because Democrats failed to win elections.

That's why they have the Constitutional authority to now control spending.

Don't like it?

OK, win back the House.

"Elections have consequences."

~ Barrack Obama

NFN, if Congress doesn't have the Constitutional authority to defund Obamacare, where does Obama get authority to alter its implementation without a change in the law?

“If you’re a software company making billions in profits, you’re exempt from ObamaCare next year,” he said Friday. “But if you’re a 28-year-old struggling to pay-off your student loans, you’re not. … Is it fair for the president to give American businesses an exemption from his health law’s mandates without giving the same break to the rest of America? Hell no.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/14/house-republicans-to-vote-on-obamacare-say-obamas-delay-employer-mandate-unfair/

Old 09-29-2013, 08:42 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Doesnt matter.. the nation does not govern on POLLS..
YET, I constantly see right wingers quoting the (fictitious) percentage of Americans that they think oppose Obamacare AND use that to justify their arguments.

No doubt you call them on it.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:45 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
You people think money grows on trees. Have you take a look at our national debt lately? U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time One of these days it is going to bite us in the Aston Martin.
Democrats don't give a damn about our debt; they just print more money.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:46 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I could show you a big list. But start with the big ones:

Boehner
Cantor
Cruz..

Of course, they play dumb and say "hey, we passed a bill avoiding the shutdown." But the problem for them is that most people are not stupid and know that they are trying to use the threat of the shutdown to the nation to achieve that which they couldn't in the election booth.
I don't believe Boehner wants a shutdown. He is not in charge and has no control over the extremist, inconceivably stupid wing of his party. He may be the speaker, but they serve a totally different set of masters.

We're not talking about Republicans in general trying to kill the economy. It's a very loud, very destructive, very stupid minority that not only has no qualms about driving the country over a cliff just to score a win, they wholeheartedly support the idea and actually think it's a good idea.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:46 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
YET, I constantly see right wingers quoting the (fictitious) percentage of Americans that they think oppose Obamacare AND use that to justify their arguments.

No doubt you call them on it.
There is a difference between using polls to cite policies that impact americans, vs using polls to cite policies that government should run on...

Old 09-29-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
There is a difference between using polls to cite policies that impact americans, vs using polls to cite policies that government should run on...
I don't think your buddies understand that difference - but AGAIN, I'm sure you call them on it.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't think your buddies understand that difference - but AGAIN, I'm sure you call them on it.
Why would I call them out on citing polling individuals on issues which affect individuals? Once again, the difference is using polls to cite how GOVERNMENT should operate..

I've been around these threads long enough to know most people dont know a dam thing about how government operates.. look at this thread for one such example..

Thats about as dumb as polling government employees, on what homeless people should do...

Old 09-29-2013, 08:52 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I highly highly doubt our healthcare system will be worse that they despicable system we have in place now that allows for denying of pre-existing conditions and leaving the unemployed without affordable access to healthcare. Our current system is a disgrace on a global scale and needs to go.

Throw as much imaginary numbers out there if you want (25 million???). You should probably wait to see actual figures on that before you jump to conclusions. A year from now, we can actually talk about facts.
Do you have any clue at all about the insurance business? Would you expect a company to insure your car if it was already wrecked, and you had not previously bought insurance?

Why should an insurance company cover pre-existing conditions? The fact that they are being forced to (which makes no sense) is what is driving up the cost for everyone, healthy or not.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Why would I call them out on citing polls which affect individuals, polling individuals? Once again, the difference is using polls to cite how GOVERNMENT should operate..

I've been around these threads long enough to know most people dont know a dam thing about how government operates.. look at this thread for one such example..

Of course that's what they are doing! Read the threads, are you blind?

I look at your threads and come to the same understanding that you have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies