Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 09:56 AM

63,020 posts, read 29,229,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
ICE has historically, as in 30 +/- years, gone easy on employers of illegals and seeks to protect their identities. Most are small businesses, with < 500 employees. There's an occasional raid leaked to the press and minor fines imposed on employers.

Funny how the illegal workers are viewed as the bad guys in all of this and there is no focus on the companies who employ them.

Making this a partisan issue is what perpetuates the status quo.

Everyone I know blames both the employers and the illegals themselves and rightly so. So I don't know where you are getting that nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 09:58 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,556,827 times
Why aren't we sending leftists to Mexico rather than importing undocumented Democrats to the US?

Old 09-22-2013, 10:17 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,184,173 times
I don't buy into the myth that our immigration system is broken. The enforcement aspect is broken but for legal immigrants the system works well.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:54 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,739,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well -- the "trailer park types" are the ones seeing their chances at jobs go *poof* because of the millions of cheap labor types pouring over the borders. It's the liberal elite who adores having cheap unlimited servants and factory workers. The liberal 1% is getting exceedingly wealthy with having labor costs lowered.
The liberal 1%? You might want to do some more socializing there. Of the people I know who qualify, none of them are people I'd characterize as tree huggers.

While I certainly agree with your premise about illegals taking jobs, it won't change because the lowest common denominator in our party don't want to compromise on letting the illegals stay in order to fix the long term problem. Thus, nothing will get done. There are plenty of commercial interests who fund the party to make sure that nothing gets done because they benefit from the illegal labor. Then you have other parties, such as defense contractors, who will spend money to lobby for useless things like expensive fences.

The trailer park types are the problem. They're dumb, overly emotional on the issue, don't have a clue of what they're talking about and their influence on the party means that getting a Congress that will do something on the issue is not likely to happen.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:07 PM

9,174 posts, read 13,275,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
The liberal 1%? You might want to do some more socializing there. Of the people I know who qualify, none of them are people I'd characterize as tree huggers.

While I certainly agree with your premise about illegals taking jobs, it won't change because the lowest common denominator in our party don't want to compromise on letting the illegals stay in order to fix the long term problem. Thus, nothing will get done. There are plenty of commercial interests who fund the party to make sure that nothing gets done because they benefit from the illegal labor. Then you have other parties, such as defense contractors, who will spend money to lobby for useless things like expensive fences.

The trailer park types are the problem. They're dumb, overly emotional on the issue, don't have a clue of what they're talking about and their influence on the party means that getting a Congress that will do something on the issue is not likely to happen.
I would still say that the "trailer park types" are a lot smarter than all our politicians. They can see they are getting the shaft.

There is probably no other country on the planet where the politicians deliberately want to increase the workforce with millions of mostly cheap uneducated foreign workers when their own citizens increasingly have a hard time finding good jobs.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:31 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,721,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Like most of their so-called efforts at compromise, the bipartisan committee was all for show for the Republicans anyway. From your link:

"House Republican leaders already had made clear they planned to proceed with a step-by-step approach, not with a single big bill like Johnson and Carter's group had working on or like the Senate passed in June."

More pretend indignation from the right about the collapse of a group whose findings they had no intention of paying any attention to anyway. Doesn't all that phony outrage get exhausting after a while?
Evidently not. I don't agree with the Democrats on Immigration reform, siding more so with the Republicans, but it's hard to cross the aisle to support them when they play stupid games like this. But given that they play such stupid games for everything else, I suppose there is no reason to think that this issue would be different, just because I agree with them this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Why aren't we sending leftists to Mexico rather than importing undocumented Democrats to the US?
By that logic, should we send you to live in Mexico? Your perspectives are far more anti-American than the perspectives of anyone you consider "leftists".

Old 09-22-2013, 12:37 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,739,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I would still say that the "trailer park types" are a lot smarter than all our politicians. They can see they are getting the shaft.

There is probably no other country on the planet where the politicians deliberately want to increase the workforce with millions of mostly cheap uneducated foreign workers when their own citizens increasingly have a hard time finding good jobs.
No, they're not. If they were, they'd be pushing for a real solution instead of whining about people trying to compromise to get things done. IF they were smarter, it wouldn't matter to them because they'd be in a different segment of the workforce.

We need a new Freshman class. They got things done.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:

Why the hell should we allow any illegals to stay here? You like rewarding lawbreakers for breaking our laws? We have 23 million Americans out of work. Yeah, like we really need these illegals....NOT! That is not a good solution for our country nor our citizens.

Why do you continue with this trailer park type nonsense? Most conservatives are not trailer park dwellers. This is just another tactic by the pro-illegals to demonize anyone who wants our immigration laws respected and enforced. Congratulations you showed your true colors.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
No, they're not. If they were, they'd be pushing for a real solution instead of whining about people trying to compromise to get things done. IF they were smarter, it wouldn't matter to them because they'd be in a different segment of the workforce.

We need a new Freshman class. They got things done.
Conservatives ARE pushing for a REAL solution whether they live in a trailer park or a mansion. A real solution isn't giving millions of illegals amnesty. No compromise on our immigration laws, period!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies