Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 09:13 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,979,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
How do (you) feel about US corporations moving high paying American jobs to Asia?
Fortunately, when by the time I reached the years of my middle age, I had learned to use thinking, not feeling, to guide what I thought was good and bad. So, I don't "feel" anything about it. I KNOW why they do, and liberal politics is to blame.

Quote:
And how can we help those Americans who lost their high paying jobs to factory robots?
Tell them that they're victims of a political machine that has destroyed their future, and that there's no reason to work or try to do anything, just sit around and demand politicians give 'em stuff. /sarcasm

Quote:
But you don't care about those lost American jobs do you?
I "care" plenty. But I don't let emotion run my thinking. I want solutions, not feel good destructive notions.

Quote:
You just pretend to care about the middle class to spread the Fox news/Rush radio low taxes for corporations philosophy. The following thing is the only thing you want and care about.
Yeah... It can't be that people who THINK, instead of emote their way through life might be ahead of you in terms of what's true and correct, could it? Naw. Just keep thinking that hating them is the answer.

I learned years ago, that anything from "thinkprogress" is a lie, a bald faced, stupid lie.

Quote:
And your boy Romney's tax cuts for the rich would have increased the average middle class family's tax burden by $2000.00 a year.
Romney is not "my boy". I'm not that old. My oldest son is only 26.

More utterly idiotic nonsense.

Quote:
How do you feel about Romney trying to increase the average middle class family's tax burden by $2000.00 a year?

LIke I said, I don't 'feel' my way through life. I think, and because of that, I know that your nonsense is.. .just nonsense.

Quote:
Answer: You want it and you love it.
No, I don't. But you hate, and that's the sum total of your "thoughts". Which are truly blind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 12:53 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,475,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
They are still ALL WRONG.
Says the person whose entire premise is based on a lie, namely:

Quote:
The ONLY place in the world, after 1800, where a middle class existed, was America.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:50 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,516,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Nowadays there is more social mobility in the UK than there is in the US.

And do you seriously think that the 2.2 million WW2 veterans who got free educations thanks to the GI Bill weren't better off as a result?
The money that the vets used was taken from other people first. Then government took their cut (to push paperwork around) while they were redistributing it.

The money would have been spent more efficiently had been left with the rightful owners.

And those educations were not free. Not even close. That is ECON 101.

ECON 102: Anytime someone else pays for your goods/services those goods/services become more expensive. Which explains the inflated cost of college and healthcare.

Last edited by OhioRules; 09-21-2013 at 07:00 PM..

Old 09-21-2013, 06:58 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,516,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
Organized labor created the middle class--or at least made it a significant part of the class structure in The United States. There was no middle class to speak of in the years prior to The NLRA. There was a leisure class and there were varying strata of the poor.

The labor actions which took place in the early decades of The Twentieth Century are what laid the foundation for a viable middle class. Unfortunately, it is our government's anti-worker/pro-capital policies of the last four decades which are sounding the death knell for the middle class.
Manufacturing wages jumped 50% from 1865-1890 and 34% from 1891-1914. Less than 3% of the workforce was union and they had zero legal protection. Child labor also was in rapid decline. And millions of unionized European workers left their home countries for the non-union U.S. All one has to do is look at Census Bureau records to smash the lie by labor unions that they did anything for workers. They began to keep blacks and Asians out of good paying jobs. "Union made" was code for "Made by Whites"

If unions cared about workers they wouldn't be concerned with strike-busters and non-union Wal Mart employees. After all, those people are only wanting to work unfettered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies