Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 06:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times

Advertisements

The war on terror...
We are fighting a people who feel the ultimate reward is waiting for them. All they need do is die while killing as many nonbelievers as possible... Not a bad deal in their eyes.
We as westerners although many are willing or proud to give their lives in service of country view it as the absolute last resort... Most westerners would be appalled if given an order to blow up a family at a funeral simply because they are methodist instead of baptist. In war collatoral damage happens. 99% of the soldiers dread killing a civilian or worse still a child.
Not so with radicals. The child is guilty of the fathers sins.
How bad life must be or perceived to be that this harsh dogma has born fruit.
War on terror must start with holding our allies accountable.
Israel: They create terrorists through their abuse of thier arab neighbors. Because the USA turns a blind eye we loose all credibility. How can we judge Iran a terrorist nation when our own attack dog does far worse. Yes Iran supplies weapons and training to known terrorists.
Israel simply kills anyone and everyone in their way. Lebenon!!!! Where was our govs moral outrage for what happened there??? The arabs saw what we did. Dead children blown up in a HOSPITAL..... They heard what we heard A silent US gov.
If Syria had done what Israel did for the same reasons would we have been so silent? I think not.
How do we battle Terrorists?
First work to improve our image in their eyes and the eyes of their potential recruits. Treat everyone the same, hold everyone to the same standard.
Talk to such nations as Iran. We dont have to like or even agree with each other to get along.
Help the really needy of Islamic people starting with Palestinians. They need food and doctors, they also need someone to put a leash on Israel.
Its a start and I would wager a good deal cheaper than Iraq.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 06:55 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing12 View Post
so what is your excuse for supporting the war, have stock in oil or haliburton?
Yes, that's it!

BTW, I didn't realize an "excuse" was needed. . .

Old 11-16-2007, 07:50 PM

640 posts, read 461,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Give her our thanks. Wish her Godspeed.
Thank you, Yeledaf. I certainly will. 2nd Lt P.J.W. is my hero. She is very brave, very honorable and a true patriot....

Old 11-16-2007, 07:51 PM

640 posts, read 461,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Too funny. Hey Sooner, I assumed you were a male partly because of your name. . . thought you were an Oklahoma football fan. . .

I think the statute of limitations has run out for you but thankfully we have people like you, and also your daughter who is willing to serve her country. Thank you!
I'm the biggest Sooner fan of all, spunky1 ~ it's a family tradition!

Old 11-16-2007, 08:10 PM

791 posts, read 2,223,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
You need to be educated, Lindsey_Mcfarren. No one wants to rid the world of Islam ~ only fanatical Islamic TERRORISTS. Big difference.....
Sort of like Hitler and the Nazi's. Maybe that's why they call them Islamo-Facists. Hitler used Islam and the Islamic Brotherhood during WWII. This is suspected to be the origin of Islamic facism. This has been discussed previously, in other threads and posts.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:15 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,582,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I find it amazing, here we have a herd of christians actually advocating ridding the planet of an entire religion. Who does that sound like?? Could it be HITLER I'm thinking of???

I wonder what the christian word for Jihad is, maybe The Gulf War is too long.
Don't they talk about this in the Bible? "The War on Religion"

Quote:
I'm not confused, I'm just not affraid, as in I don't SWALLOW hook line and sinker the lies the current administration tells in order to justify this war. The American people should try thinking for themselves rather then being gaslit.

Do you really NOT see that this war has NOTHING to do with 911? I would have loved to see the men (not an entire religion) strung up by their balls for what they did that day but the President has his own agenda that the US has swallowed because so many WANT to be led around by the nose rather then thinking for themselves.
I think this is due to the implementation of the Outcome Based Education in our public schools. We have lost the ability to think for ourselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing12 View Post
that is cuz the Christians have become somewhat civilized, did you ever hear of the Christian Crusades and the Spanish Inquistion? no religion can compare to what the Christians used to do, maybe that is why the Christians still support torture in this country because it is passed down from the time of the Crusades and Inquistions
and that is the only reason why Christianity is so popular today, because you HAD to believe in Christianity, if you didnt you were killed, simple as that, Christmas also isnt the birth of Jesus, it is the Pagan holiday Yule that the Christians kept around while they were conquering
The truth shall set you free

Old 11-16-2007, 08:20 PM

86 posts, read 146,744 times
Quote:
I'm not confused, I'm just not affraid, as in I don't SWALLOW hook line and sinker the lies the current administration tells in order to justify this war. The American people should try thinking for themselves rather then being gaslit.

Do you really NOT see that this war has NOTHING to do with 911? I would have loved to see the men (not an entire religion) strung up by their balls for what they did that day but the President has his own agenda that the US has swallowed because so many WANT to be led around by the nose rather then thinking for themselves.
We know it has nothing to do with 9/11. The problem is that liberals keep spewing that crap, and think the only terror is from those who attacked us on 9/11. Let me quote Mr. Bush here:
"Americans should not expect one battle, but a lengthy campaign, unlike any other we have ever seen. It may include dramatic strikes, visible on TV, and covert operations, secret even in success. We will starve terrorists of funding, turn them one against another, drive them from place to place, until there is no refuge or no rest. And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists. From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime."

Sadam Hussein's Iraq was harboring, supporting, sheltering, and funding terrorism. There is no question as to whether or not that is true. It is simple fact. Were there other motives for going into Iraq? Absolutely, to eradicate, from this world, people who wish to kill us, simply because we speak English, and refuse to convert to Islam. As far as I am concerned, that is more than enough reason to be there, besides the fact that Sadam was a dictator with the blood of hundreds of thousands on his hands.

That does not mean I think we are doing things right over there. We are not, but that is another topic.

I think recent events, as far as passed and failed bills in the House and Senate, prove that the American people actually refuse to be lead around by their nose. Ever notice that those who claim people are blind and are sheep to someone/something are indeed that themselves? (in your case, the mass media)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
... And such sweeping statements. Islam is a religion. Last time I checked, religion had no emotions. People do.
The terrorists act based on the teaching of Allah and the Qu'ran (Koran, as westerners call it). They act that way because that is what their religion teaches them to do.

IF WE LOSE THE WAR ON TERROR, IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN, WE PROVE TO THE WORLD THAT WE ARE A WEAK COUNTRY, THAT IS LEAD BY GUTLESS HYPOCRITS.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:37 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,582,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
The terrorists act based on the teaching of Allah and the Qu'ran (Koran, as westerners call it). They act that way because that is what their religion teaches them to do.
You've been watching and listening to entirely too much mass media
Islam is peace through the submission to God and the acceptance of his grace and guidance. Some Muslims (extremists) find violence in the religion by interpreting one part of the Quran without paying attention to the context. A common mis-interpretation is that "jihad" means "holy war", when it actually means exerting maximum effort. Jihad fighting is allowed for self-defense or to thwart off oppression.

The key word is "interpretation". You have extreme Christians, Jews but you don't see anyone trying to wage war on that religion nor do we slander the religion because of extremists claim said religion.

What about the extremist Christians who disrupted the funeral of a solider because he was gay. Do we want to wage war on Christianity, or do we say that all Christians are "nutcases" or "terrorists"

Old 11-16-2007, 08:44 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post

IF WE LOSE THE WAR ON TERROR, IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN, WE PROVE TO THE WORLD THAT WE ARE A WEAK COUNTRY, THAT IS LEAD BY GUTLESS HYPOCRITS.
Oh that'd be convenient. We're already the laughing stock of the world, it really couldn't do much more damage.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:46 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,726,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
a war on terrorism would be great. the guy who blew up new york is alive and well in pakistan we know that. why are we in iraq 3 trillion dollars later?

You don't know that at all.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies