Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2013, 11:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Who says they have to lose wages?
Um,, if their working less hours.. they will earn less, and as the supply of part timers looking for work increases

hoursly wages decrease

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 12:04 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um,, if their working less hours.. they will earn less, and as the supply of part timers looking for work increases

hoursly wages decrease

Uhm not if their productivity over the course of a year goes up. SMH.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Increased productivity leads to increased business profits, not higher salaries.
And that is already proven with current productivity stats.

Again..you are dreaming rather than dealing with reality.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
how does somoene who works at say McDonalds, increase their productivity, especially if they are working less hours and have less experience? if I owned that dam McDonalds, I'd computerize as much as possible and get rid of them..

Old 09-27-2013, 12:26 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Feel free to find a better job with more vacation time.

Vacation time is part of your compensation package for work. If you are not worth much as an employee you are not compensated well. If you learn a skill that is on demand you will be well compensated by someone for that skill, that compensation will probably also include vacation time.

What you should do is learn a skill that is in high demand so you will get a compensation package for your labor that includes vacation time.

Welcome to America, quit your complain and do something to better your own life.
I already get 3 weeks vacation.

I'm referring to people who work 40 hours a week in a factory and never get holiday time.

It's called having empathy. Something as a republican you are probably unfamiliar with.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:28 PM

25,752 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Yeah, nothing like buying a Big Mac from a computer. Can we have computers wipe our asses as well?

As for reduced hours without any change in pay, that is exactly what has happened in my workplace due to obamacare. I used to be able to work as many hours as I could mentally handle. It has steadily decreased through the years due to government regulation. This obamacare thing has further reduced my hours down to where I could probably make more and mickey-d's. Luckily, I'm good at what I do, so I'll be among the last to go if government regulations further affect it, and I am used to living on next to nothing, anyway (by design). So, I can make it work for me. But what about everyone else out there who has families, lots more bills, and a lifestyle that isn't minimalist? They are the ones really being screwed with government over-regulation and things like obamacare. They are either being outright screwed or they are being turned into a dependent class which relies on government handouts and subsidies.

Every time DC concocts laws like this, it ends up hurting the people that can least afford to be hurt.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:02 PM

73,022 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
How many hours a week do you currently work? Let's say 40 hours. 168 hours in a week (24*7=168) less 40 = 128 hours. Deduct sleep (8*7=56) 128-56= 72

Is having 72 hours to spend "pursuing one's passion' during waking, non-work hours insufficient for you?

Pelodi's "pursuing one's passions" is merely a great spin on what to do with work hours lost as a consequence of ACA legislation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
You are not considering something. Of those 72 hours, they are taken up by something or split up in a weird way. For families with children, the children taken precedent. During the week, that takes up about 2 hours(during the latter hours). The earlier hours, from waking up to getting to work, it's spent getting ready for work/commuting. If you subtracting getting ready for work, commuting, and the children, you would lose about 20 hours. You would be left with about 52 hours, and of those 52 hours, 32 are on the weekend.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:25 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You are not considering something. Of those 72 hours, they are taken up by something or split up in a weird way. For families with children, the children taken precedent. During the week, that takes up about 2 hours(during the latter hours). The earlier hours, from waking up to getting to work, it's spent getting ready for work/commuting. If you subtracting getting ready for work, commuting, and the children, you would lose about 20 hours. You would be left with about 52 hours, and of those 52 hours, 32 are on the weekend.
Sometimes being a parent means giving up things for self. It is a choice.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
When was the last time a farmer, put in a 40 hour week? Remember, Juan now does sheetrock and painting. LOL
Who pays for their healthcare?

Old 09-27-2013, 01:43 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,385 times
She just wants you to work less so you need government assistance and become addicted to the government assistance like a drug . In turn you will vote for demarcates so you can get the drug you need in order to live.

I see noting wrong with getting help if you need it but it is not meant to be forever.

It is like working fast food you not meant to work there until you 40 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies