Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 04:22 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,761,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Knowing that there is an armed customer would deter a criminal.

Criminals don't look for "shoot outs" (except for drug gangs)....maniacs do.

Guns stop maniacs.
The way she sees it is that armed robber would have just took the money and walked off, and she'd be more likely to be shot because of a citizen who will initiate a gun fight with the criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Now that was a stupid thing to type.

What makes me uncomfortable is not knowing the person who is carrying.
You've never said that. You made generalized statements like:

Quote:
somewhere where we don't want to even see a handgun. If you're carrying and concealing, I don't want to know you are, I don't want to be around.
So... I can't read minds, I have to reply based on the information you've given me (when I bother to read it). Sounds like you have a problem with guns to me.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:33 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,080,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
The way she sees it is that armed robber would have just took the money and walked off, and she'd be more likely to be shot because of a citizen who will initiate a gun fight with the criminal.
I just saw a news story where they showed a man in a McDonalds trying to fire of his hand gun, which kept jamming.....he walked outside and fired a shot into the air and then walked back in trying to fire again, but the gun jammed again.

Had an employee been armed, the guy wouldn't have had the opportunity to continue trying to kill someone.

Only by the grace of god was no one injured.

"When seconds count, the police are minutes away!"

Old 09-27-2013, 04:42 AM

Quote:
I just saw a news story where they showed a man in a McDonalds trying to fire of his hand gun, which kept jamming.....he walked outside and fired a shot into the air and then walked back in trying to fire again, but the gun jammed again.

Had an employee been armed, the guy wouldn't have had the opportunity to continue trying to kill someone.

Only by the grace of god was no one injured.

"When seconds count, the police are minutes away!"
I know, but progunners think of how a gun can save lives against criminals and the others think of how both law abiding citizens and criminals alike will kill innocent people.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:42 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,254,198 times
Quote:
You've never said that. You made generalized statements like:

So... I can't read minds, I have to reply based on the information you've given me (when I bother to read it). Sounds like you have a problem with guns to me.
You have trouble reading, just admit it.

I have a problem when guns are carried by people whom I know nothing about.

There's only one thing worse than one idiot spraying bullets everywhere, and that's two idiots spraying bullets everywhere. I just don't want to be at the OK Laundromat if it happens.

In the TOS, it states reading is FUNDAMENTAL.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:47 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,747,334 times
Quote:
Knowing that there is an armed customer would deter a criminal.

Criminals don't look for "shoot outs" (except for drug gangs)....maniacs do.

Guns stop maniacs.
(Shaking head) Not before guns have enabled a maniac to be mass killer.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:53 AM

Quote:
You have trouble reading, just admit it.

I have a problem when guns are carried by people whom I know nothing about.

There's only one thing worse than one idiot spraying bullets everywhere, and that's two idiots spraying bullets everywhere. I just don't want to be at the OK Laundromat if it happens.

In the TOS, it states reading is FUNDAMENTAL.
Go back to one of your previous post on page #1 of this thread and quote where you stated you "have a problem when guns are carried by people whom I know nothing about."

Quote:
No thanks, we're taking our business elsewhere, somewhere where we don't want to even see a handgun. If you're carrying and concealing, I don't want to know you are, I don't want to be around.
Again when did you specify that you'd only be okay with guns if you knew the person. I think the problem is with your writing hun.... When you first learn how to write, then I'll be able to comprehend what you're trying to say.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:56 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,254,198 times
Quote:
Go back to one of your previous post on page #1 of this thread and quote where you stated you "have a problem when guns are carried by people whom I know nothing about."

Again when did you specify that you'd only be okay with guns if you knew the person. I think the problem is with your writing hun....
The place for a handgun in a business is under the countertop where transactions take place, not on a patron's hip of who other patrons no nothing of the person carrying, hun.

When I visit a business, I don't want to see a handgun.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:00 AM

Quote:
The place for a handgun in a business is under the countertop where transactions take place, not on a patron's hip of who other patrons no nothing of the person carrying, hun.

Don't change the subject. Go back to page #1 or #2 and quote when you specified that you only "have a problem when guns are carried by people whom you know nothing about."

Old 09-27-2013, 05:03 AM

Quote:

The place for handguns are in places that they can be legally carried. If you can't deal with that then you might want to move to a gun free country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies