Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 08:02 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,772 times

Advertisements

the republican base. old, white, and near death based on the picture in that link.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:06 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
I don't mean to stereotype southerners, many may romanticize the Confederate soldier, and I can understand it to a large degree. They fought bravely against long odds that only got longer over time. But life would not have been better had the South been victorious (they lost their best chance at Shiloh, where they almost bagged both Sherman and Grant, the two most responsible for the Confederate defeat)

I think for many that fly this flag, their real motive is white nationalism and honoring war dead is secondary. Just like many so called "patriots" today romanticize all things military because we are killing brown skinned people, most innocent, in Iraq, Pakistan, Yemen, etc.

It's often a front for a far more odious worldview.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:11 PM

150 posts, read 92,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
the republican base. old, white, and near death based on the picture in that link.
Keep fooling yourself. I am not republican old or near death. I am white though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I don't mean to stereotype southerners, many may romanticize the Confederate soldier, and I can understand it to a large degree. They fought bravely against long odds that only got longer over time. But life would not have been better had the South been victorious (they lost their best chance at Shiloh, where they almost bagged both Sherman and Grant, the two most responsible for the Confederate defeat)

I think for many that fly this flag, their real motive is white nationalism and honoring war dead is secondary. Just like many so called "patriots" today romanticize all things military because we are killing brown skinned people, most innocent, in Iraq, Pakistan, Yemen, etc.

It's often a front for a far more odious worldview.
Actually its not a front for WN for me. I had a GGG Grandfather who fought for my country (the csa) and I am very very proud of that fact. I also am not into the military crap at all I am actually 100% against any foreign wars.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:19 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturesFinest View Post
When they are wrong and blatantly so yes.

History is wrong except for a select few historians willing to do real research and not just parrot the same old stupid lies.

My point has been made but being a democrat I suppose its hard for you to comprehend the irony of your statements. I am glad to be a "traitor" to the US since I never claimed to pledge loyalty to them.
ok. good. so then you agree with my initial statement.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:21 PM

I was mocking you. You think people who fought for freedom were traitors yet you worship and pray and pledge allegiance to a nation traitors set up..its irony at its fullest.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:22 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
These people should be arrested and jailed, who do they think they are exercising their 1st amendment rights?
This.

There's nothing wrong with honoring ancestors that died during the war. Let the south celebrate their loss as their is pride among them as united losers. But it must be flown with care as to not be a symbol of the uprising of the wrong. We don't want to promote the backwards thinking of the historic south.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:24 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturesFinest View Post
I was mocking you. You think people who fought for freedom were traitors yet you worship and pray and pledge allegiance to a nation traitors set up..its irony at its fullest.
I never said people who fight for freedom are traitors. I said those who fought against my country within its own borders were traitors. they were. you can fly the flag of traitors all you like, but then you have no patriotic claim to the USA.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:24 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I think for many that fly this flag, their real motive is white nationalism ....

Ummmm......

Old 09-28-2013, 08:25 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,893 times
I agree with the drone comment. Never seems to be a drone when you really need one.
Why not hoist the North Korean flag? Screw VA. I knew there was a good reason for hating that place.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
I never said people who fight for freedom are traitors. I said those who fought against my country within its own borders were traitors. they were. you can fly the flag of traitors all you like, but then you have no patriotic claim to the USA.
Oh dear god....Its really not sinking in is it? Man....I have come across some folks who didn't comprehend things at first but wow...this is taking it to a all new level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies