Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 08:33 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,163,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturesFinest View Post
Freedom from an overreaching federal government? Where have I heard that lately...
Hardly. I don't know why the US bothers holding onto these states that don't care to be apart of the nation. They're not all that productive to begin with.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:33 PM

150 posts, read 92,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
Freedom for what?
Freedom from an over reaching federal government...its just worse now...maybe that's a sign!

Old 09-28-2013, 08:34 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,522,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He's already said he is not an American and has no loyalty to this country but likely can't leave it cause he knows he won't find a better country anywhere that he can survive in. Unfortunately, we are stuck with him.
yes, I caught that. the CSA. a place that doesn't exist. a fantasy land.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:34 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,541,148 times
Quote:
I pledge allegiance to no flag but I do hold a special place in my heart and soul for the Confederate flag and my ancestors that fought and died for it. I don't vote,I didn't sign up for the military,etc etc etc...I am merely existing in this country...I would LOVE to move to Europe but I am a mixture of several European nationalities so not sure where would like to go. Maybe one day I can make that dream come true. But at the rate the US and its politicians are going at things...I can just stay here and watch the fireworks and see where things lay afterwords.
You're a real asset to the country you live in.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:36 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,234,721 times
Quote:
So you promise not to pollute the southland with your presence then right? Awesome.I am the same way with yankees. I absolutely hate that nasal sound that yankees speak with...very annoying.
Yep. I don't venture south of DC. I live in the great state of PA. Where America was born and the confederacy was put to death.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:38 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,955,756 times
Quote:

I think for many that fly this flag, their real motive is white nationalism and honoring war dead is secondary. Just like many so called "patriots" today romanticize all things military because we are killing brown skinned people, most innocent, in Iraq, Pakistan, Yemen, etc.
The parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents of today's southerners expressed their gratitude to the brave southern boys in a much more elegant and eloquent way: they built fine monuments. I find memorials at Stone Mountain Georgia, the statues along Richmond's Monument Avenue, the dignified obelisk or column or statue in most southern town's court house square to "Our Glorious Confederate Dead" are far more poetic and fitting than these lame flag waving demonstrations.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
yes, I caught that. the CSA. a place that doesn't exist. a fantasy land.
Lots of places only exist in our minds...take Palestine,The Basques land,Catalonia,Kurdistan..many more I am sure...several are coming to fruition...some day so will an independent south land...you saw the politician saying things are getting to the level of how politics was before the "civil war" broke out...maybe he is full of it maybe he isn't. He is one of hundreds of politicians in DC...I don't understand.If you left wingers hate us so called right wingers so much why so interested in keeping the country together? Why not let us go our separate ways and then things can get done finally.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
Yep. I don't venture south of DC. I live in the great state of PA. Where America was born and the confederacy was put to death.
Sure are missing a lot of the country...I have been as far north as New York and as far west as Nevada...nothing compares to how I feel down south.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:40 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,775,567 times
Quote:
Yea, so? What does a single black woman holding the Confederate flag mean? It means nothing.
And........

But...but....you said White.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:41 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,234,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
The parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents of today's southerners expressed their gratitude to the brave southern boys in a much more elegant and eloquent way: they built fine monuments. I find memorials at Stone Mountain Georgia, the statues along Richmond's Monument Avenue, the dignified obelisk or column or statue in most southern town's court house square to "Our Glorious Confederate Dead" are far more poetic and fitting than these lame flag waving demonstrations.
I wish I could have as much gravitas as you do Clark Park. You are one of the finest here at c-d.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies