Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2007, 09:06 PM

223 posts, read 605,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifizgud View Post
These lowlife scum who want to rob people, need to get a job!!!!!! If I catch your sorry asse- breaking into my neighbors house, I'm going to send u straight toooooooo hell.... The lord can tell me rather I was wrong or right!
and he would say you are wrong. Go directly to hell, do not pass GO.

So Thou Shall not Kill doesnl't mean anything to you?

I guess the lord really loves X-Boxes huh?

Last edited by stlsteved; 11-19-2007 at 09:26 PM..

Old 11-19-2007, 09:12 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,100,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsteved View Post
Yes it does. It is sad isn't it? Perhaps we need to take a look at our priorities.

It still doesn't justify his actions...Listen to the 911 call and tell me this guy didn't have a choice...He made bad decision and acted out of emotion...period Allowing vigilante justice to go unchecked is dangerous. The ramifications of allowing this to go unnoticed are perilous and the wrong way to handle it is to allow vigilantiism.

I can say that he did not have the right to shoot two unarmed individuals for breaking glass and being in the possession of a bag of "stuff."

The cirumstances in this case seem well documented by listening to the 911 calls. I can only hope that our justice system does the right thing; otherwise we devolve that much further into lawlessness.
Without doubt, we all have choices. He chose to kill, I think a bigger issue is to have the justice system deemed more 'surefire' (how this can be done I have no idea). If the scenario were different then maybe I'd feel different about it. I actually think vigilantism can be good when 'done right'. Extreme measures are not always the answer, but arguably, it does a good job of making a point.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:15 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,491,438 times
Quote:
Sir/Maam

This guy told the 911 dispatcher he was going to kill those two...and was told to stay in the house. He is wrong and I don't care what justification you give. If he were raping a woman or harming another human being, then I might agree...not over a "bag full of stuff"

If you really feel that this should be allowed, ask yourself where does it end? I feel for you and pray that you never are mistaken for a petty criminal.

This is not the world I want to live in...where property is more important than a human life. your/my son/duaghter or the scum of the earth...what happened to innocent until proven guilty? I sincerely hope that this man is prosecuted and serves time for this. I am da*n close to calling it pre-meditation...he told someone he was going to do it, no matter what they said and its on tape...he feared for his life my A$$.

Have you heard the recording?

Good day.
Don't hold your breath waiting for him to be charged.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:16 PM

14 posts, read 19,802 times
Quote:
and he would say you are wrong. Go directly to hell, do not pass GO.
I'll go to hell defending my family! If I'm wrong for taking out some scum that kicks in my front door, than so be it!!!! If you break into my house you can kiss your sorry as- goodbye! I have 6 different points of defense! It may be sad but I'd rather kill a innocent man than have a lowlife scum try to assault my wife or daughter! Anyone who does'nt look after their own kids, well your freaking idiot!

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-19-2007 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: stop making personal comments

Old 11-19-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Without doubt, we all have choices. He chose to kill, I think a bigger issue is to have the justice system deemed more 'surefire' (how this can be done I have no idea). If the scenario were different then maybe I'd feel different about it. I actually think vigilantism can be good when 'done right'. Extreme measures are not always the answer, but arguably, it does a good job of making a point.
"done right"

bingo ... How can individual emotionally driven justice be done right is our organized law enforcement gets it wrongs so hig of a percentage of the time.

There is a reason we have a system..its not perfect, but its better than this.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:18 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,422,813 times
Quote:
Listen, I agree that they were wrong, in fact they are probably scum, but our system allows for them to be innocent until prven guilty and to have a punishment that fits the crime. I just don't believe that someone with no law enforcement credentials was justified in killing them...I don't think that is too much to ask.

That is all...I am NOT defending them.

We have to draw the line somewhere...otherwise we go backwards.

peace - Steve
In fact, law enforcement would have been even less justified under the law to use deadly force in this scenario.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:21 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,004,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
In any case, as an adamant supporter of the 2nd amendment as well as a well armed citizen, I personally don't believe it is justified to use deadly force to protect, "things". Other than to ensure the life and safety of you or your own family the use of deadly force is something that should be taken gravely serious as the consequences of such actions are permanently lasting.
Agreed. Though I am a hunter and target shooting enthusiast I also keep two weapons (Beretta 9mm and a Remington 870 12 gauge pump-with lights to ensure that I know what I'm shooting at in a dark room of course) specifically for home defense. I pray that I will never NEED to fire them at something other than a cardboard target. If someone forces their way into my home that is an immediate threat to mine and my family's safety and I would certainly meet that threat with an armed response. However, if I were to merely observe illegal activity (someone stealing from my yard, my neighbor's home, etc...) and my LIFE and my family's LIVES (not property) were in no danger, I would maintain a defensible position in my own home and call the police.

Few rational people would justify using deadly force in order to protect property. The only ratholes on earth where they still execute people for stealing are places like Saudi Arabia, Libya, Iran, etc... Futhermore, few people, no matter how big their internet balls might be, would have such an easy time snuffing out a human life. Ask yourself how it would feel to watch someone bleed out, their wheezing breaths turning into a "death rattle" as it is called as their lungs and esophagus fill with fluid. It's not like TV. Would you sleep comfortably at night after watching the life leave another human being's body right before your eyes knowing that you had caused it to happen? I think not. Again, I pray that I never have to use deadly force against an intruder, partly because if I do that death will be on my conscience for the rest of my life. Finally, I have to say that I'm not surprised by the responses, as topics such as these tend to bring the internet toughguys out of the woodwork.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Don't hold your breath waiting for him to be charged.
I'm not holding it...trust me.

I weep for this country.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:29 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,100,922 times
Quote:
"done right"

bingo ... How can individual emotionally driven justice be done right is our organized law enforcement gets it wrongs so hig of a percentage of the time.

There is a reason we have a system..its not perfect, but its better than this.
For as many times the robbers get away, or harm others we can all say this will happen. And until that unperfect system of ours gets even a little better, it will happen again.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
For as many times the robbers get away, or harm others we can all say this will happen. And until that unperfect system of ours gets even a little better, it will happen again.
Sadly, you are correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies