Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2007, 12:07 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,005,922 times

Advertisements

Well regardless folks, I think its safe to say that this guy was not even remotely justified. If you think that thieves should be executed on the spot then you're standing firmly on the side of the guys who brought down the twin towers. Yep, radical Islam is right in line with your belief system-congratulations!

Here's a little brain teaser for all of you trigger happy guys: You own a convenience store with a second floor apartment above. One night you're woken by a noise and look out the back window to see a man carrying food out of your back freezer. Do you stick the gun out the window and kill him right then and there? How about if this was during an economic downturn on the scale of the Great Depression?

Again, when its time for deadly force I'll use it. And I do mean deadly. 000 buckshot coming from a 3" magnum fired by an 870 pump would make quite a mess out of a human being at close range.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:12 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,203,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
This is not a "you" or "me" problem. This is a state issue. I agree that many cities don't pay cops well however I don't think starting them out at $100k per year is going to make the difference either. Personally, it may just attract applicants who are more interested in the salary versus wanting to make a difference. I think our Justice system is the #1 priority because it has to be frustrating for cops to go out day in and day out risking their lives, only for the same criminal he/she arrested to be released or offered reduced charges and/or plea bargain. This has to be a slap in the face
Seriously, the more you pay your cops, the better cops you will get. If you pay them like it is a lifetime job with good pay -- you'll get really good cops. They'll work hard for you because this is "a lifetime job with good pay."

You might not want to think that it works that way -- but it works the same as any business. The best applicants are going to go where the money is. If you only want to pay minimum wage, you're going to get the worst candidates. The best ones can come out here and make $70K a year to start!

Old 11-20-2007, 12:16 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,101,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Well regardless folks, I think its safe to say that this guy was not even remotely justified. If you think that thieves should be executed on the spot then you're standing firmly on the side of the guys who brought down the twin towers. Yep, radical Islam is right in line with your belief system-congratulations!

Here's a little brain teaser for all of you trigger happy guys: You own a convenience store with a second floor apartment above. One night you're woken by a noise and look out the back window to see a man carrying food out of your back freezer. Do you stick the gun out the window and kill him right then and there? How about if this was during an economic downturn on the scale of the Great Depression?
Killing innocents and killing robbers ain't exactly on the same page

Old 11-20-2007, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Again, when its time for deadly force I'll use it. And I do mean deadly. 000 buckshot coming from a 3" magnum fired by an 870 pump would make quite a mess out of a human being at close range.
I'm not sure what this is, but it sounds nasty.

I have no weapons so I would be forced to go downstairs and try to deal with them. Fortunately, where I live, this is acceptable behavior. Chances are, they wouldn't have any weapons either. We could all end up throwing tomatoes.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:20 AM

After 11 pages of this thread: I think Texans are nuts.

I'd like to fully participate in Nutz if I were going through Texas -- but I really think it is nutz!!

Does everyone need to be armed? Should we all shoot to kill for any reason?

It seems like that is the point of most of these posts on this thread. Shoot to kill is perfectly acceptable if the person is a lawbreaker.

I'd plan to shoot people who pass me by on the freeway. Speeding is against the law and it's DANGEROUS!!!!! I feel threatened by speeders. Thankfully, Texas law will allow me to shoot speeders.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Killing innocents and killing robbers ain't exactly on the same page
Not so fast. The Taliban is the society idealized by radical Islamofascists everywhere, including Mohammed Atta and his ilk. The Taliban follows a perverted and distorted version of sharia law which includes the death penalty for just about everything, including stealing. Here in the USA we're what you call civilized and don't do that sort of thing in our legal system. So if the shoe fits...

Old 11-20-2007, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Does everyone need to be armed? Should we all shoot to kill for any reason?
I prefer to be armed because first of all I'm armed anyway because I'm a hunter/target shooter. Second, I live in a rural area and though its quiet, crime can happen anywhere. Third, because I live in a rural area, police response tends to be a bit slower. That being said, I will shoot to kill when life is in danger and that's it. The internet toughguys on the other hand...

Old 11-20-2007, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Not so fast. The Taliban is the society idealized by radical Islamofascists everywhere, including Mohammed Atta and his ilk. The Taliban follows a perverted and distorted version of sharia law which includes the death penalty for just about everything, including stealing. Here in the USA we're what you call civilized and don't do that sort of thing in our legal system. So if the shoe fits...
But you originally said the folks who 'brought down the twin towers'. That goes above and beyond. People working in their offices minding their own business don't compare to people breaking in houses to steal. The whole reason for the attacks was in the name of holy war (jihad)

Old 11-20-2007, 12:25 AM

Quote:
I prefer to be armed because first of all I'm armed anyway because I'm a hunter/target shooter. Second, I live in a rural area and though its quiet, crime can happen anywhere. Third, because I live in a rural area, police response tends to be a bit slower. That being said, I will shoot to kill when life is in danger and that's it. The internet toughguys on the other hand...
Your life ever been in danger?

Old 11-20-2007, 12:27 AM

Quote:
And not for nothing, but the death penalty is still around and still used
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies