Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 07:23 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Watching the various Congressmen trot out to the morning shows to discuss the shutdown. An observation. Do Democrats understand that continuing to insult and outright call their Republican counterparts derogatory names is not helping the situation? There are some Republicans that are on the fence and starting to see that Cruz led them down a bad path. However, this type of language is NOT helping. Seriously, what has happened to statesmanship and being able to disagree with your political opponent without resorting to name calling, a tactic more appropriate for an elementary schoolyard vice the halls of Congress?
I know, it's shameful to see Repubs call out Repubs like that.

Also interesting ...

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/10/03/caught-in-the-crossfire/

Last edited by florida.bob; 10-03-2013 at 07:39 AM..

Old 10-03-2013, 07:25 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Again can one conservative answer the question why.

Seriously, conservatives have taken Repealing, Defunding, And Delaying Obamacare off the table. There was talk of delaying the individual mandate for a year, but that will be gone soon and then they'll be nothing.

The whole supposed reason for the shutdown is GONE and has been GONE for 2 days now at least, so why does it continue?

The whole fight was supposedly over Obamacare, that fight is over with conservatives have already caved. So why does it continue?

Old 10-03-2013, 07:26 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,129,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You know - that whole WWII thing was a great photo op for the Republicans. I'll give them that. It's all they have.

But isn't it RICH that the Republicans are the reason for the government shut down?

The country knows it.
No, it's not.
(by the way... Check the net worth of the "D's" some time. They are all the same)

What we have here are BOTH the D's and the R's unwilling to compromise.

The D's are just as much to blame, they could send the other parts of the budget through, and quibble about obamacare to their hearts content.

Instead, Obama says "I will veto anything that doesn't give me EXACTLY what I want!"
If anything, they are MORE to blame than the R's! They just have the media on their side.

I challenge anyone to show where this (equal responsibility) is wrong.

Meanwhile.... How about putting a lid on the brainwashed sound bites parroting the media until you learn what's really going on!?

Old 10-03-2013, 07:28 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I know, it's shameful to see Repubs call out Repubs like that.
Comprehension is key. The Democrats are the ones I see consistently engaging in name calling and other unprofessional behavior. This does not help their cause and that they do not understand this very basic idea is quite a sad display.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:29 AM

6,358 posts, read 7,773,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is a President and administration, and a Democrat Party that is overstepping and overreaching, and Americans have had enough...
I agree with your sentiments. However, this guy was elected, and then re-elected, by just over half of our population. He promised to bring change . . . and he has done exactly that. Why should we be surprised?

Republicans have only themselves to blame. If everyone who does not believe in the direction the country is being taken would have voted instead of sitting at home on election day, the country would be on a whole different track now. There is absolutely no excuse for only 55-60% of eligible voters getting to the polls on election day! (See 2012 Election Turnout Dips Below 2008 and 2004 Levels: Number Of Eligible Voters Increases By Eight Million, Five Million Fewer Votes Cast | Bipartisan Policy Center)

Republicans, if you want to reclaim the presidency and senate . . . get to the polls on election day!

Democrats, if you want to secure a filibuster-proof senate and reclaim the house . . . get to the polls on election day!

Remember back to Bill Clinton's presidency. For the first two years of his eight, the Democrats controlled both houses of the legislature. The guy went crazy, passing executive orders and getting bills passed that were too far left for a moderate electorate. The voters disapproved and elected a Republican legislature at the mid-term elections. Somewhat of a balance was restored, and for the last six years of his presidency, Clinton, for the most part, was a decent president. Maybe not as far to the right as some would want, but he moved to a centrist position. Same thing happened with Obama, except in this case, the Senate stayed Democrat, so he didn't have to move to the right. Only the house switched sides.

We need a balance, people.

[/rant]

Old 10-03-2013, 07:29 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
No, it's not.
(by the way... Check the net worth of the "D's" some time. They are all the same)

What we have here are BOTH the D's and the R's unwilling to compromise.

The D's are just as much to blame, they could send the other parts of the budget through, and quibble about obamacare to their hearts content.

Instead, Obama says "I will veto anything that doesn't give me EXACTLY what I want!"
If anything, they are MORE to blame than the R's! They just have the media on their side.

I challenge anyone to show where this (equal responsibility) is wrong.

Meanwhile.... How about putting a lid on the brainwashed sound bites parroting the media until you learn what's really going on!?
Why should the Democrats negotiate with Republican to destroy their own health care law?

In these negotiations what are Democrats getting, what are conservatives conceding?

Democrats are asking for nothing from conservatives to fund the government.

conservatives are asking for a huge concession while offering nothing.

But more importantly, that is over with conservatives have taken Repealing, Defunding, and Delaying Obamacare off the table.

So if the whole reason for the shutdown was Obamacare and conservatives have taken off the table doing anything to Obamacare what is left to discuss?

Old 10-03-2013, 07:30 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,960,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Again can one conservative answer the question why.

Seriously, conservatives have taken Repealing, Defunding, And Delaying Obamacare off the table. There was talk of delaying the individual mandate for a year, but that will be gone soon and then they'll be nothing.

The whole supposed reason for the shutdown is GONE and has been GONE for 2 days now at least, so why does it continue?

The whole fight was supposedly over Obamacare, that fight is over with conservatives have already caved. So why does it continue?
Internal conflict within the Republican Party. This has as much to do with Frankenstein's Monster finally turning on his maker as it does with Obamacare.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:36 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You know - that whole WWII thing was a great photo op for the Republicans. I'll give them that. It's all they have.

But isn't it RICH that the Republicans are the reason for the government shut down?

The country knows it.
That simply is not true. The republicans have PASSED a bill that will fund the government.

Harry Reid is the one hold up government operation. The president has stated he will not sign a bill unless it has everything he wants.

DEMOCRATS are teh ones who have shut down the government.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:36 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I hope this shutdown goes past the debt ceiling deadline - it seriously needs to happen. Thanks to a horribly inept media and republican propaganda, the people have fallen asleep at the switch. This country needs shock therapy in the form of an instant and severe recession caused almost indisputably by one faction of one party. I hope Obama is intentionally dragging this out. The GOP is going to get blamed for this no matter what happens.
Yes, the media is inept, but mostly because they ignore the corruption and other problems in the Obama administration.

You must be a real extremist, if you wish harm on all the country just to achieve a far-left political agenda and silence a certain contingent in the country. Rather alarming, actually.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:37 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Why should the Democrats negotiate with Republican to destroy their own health care law?
Its simple really. Because democrats have put the nation in a position that we need to expand our debt ceiling. Because Republicans were sent to Washington 4 years ago to slow down the freight train known as Obamacare and to reduce spending.

ergo...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.