Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 09:36 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
The old (current) system was going down the tubes. I personally know of one BCBS that is very close to shutting down. Its only hope is increased enrollment thru Obamacare.

Gov't control? Wait until you are on Medicare (but most on Medicare really like it).
I expect the government to be bankrupt before I can be eligible for SS or medicare. If Obama gets his way I might not live that long. The bureaucrats will kill me off since it will be considered to expensive to authorize healthcare.

So what do you think your life is worth to the government?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 09:37 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
trying to blame the republicans for something that obamacare is supposed to have taken care of. one of the premises of obamacare was that if the states refused to set up health insurance exchanges, the federal government was supposed to step in and set up the exchanges.
This is not about the exchanges. Reading is essential.

Quote:
cant blames the states because they didnt want to expand their medicaid program due to the extra stress on their budgets.
The Medicaid expansion would be fully funded until 2016 and 90% funded going forward. North Carolina turned down federal money that could have helped their constituents. As far as I can tell, out of pure spite and abject fear that the Teabaggers would primary their asses.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:41 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
How is Obamacare a complete mess?
lets start with the roll out oct 1st. people tried calling in to sign up, and there were all kinds of problems. people that tried to sign up in the internet also faced lots of problems even getting information. if you are a spanish speaker, and you logged onto the website, you could get information, but you couldnt sign up.

and then there are all the new regulations that are coming, 20,000 pages and counting. and the new taxes that are going to hit soon. and how about big business being given a one year waiver for them to provide health insurance for their employees, but the people dont get the same consideration. and how about congress getting a waiver from obamacare? this is going to be a major disaster, and you cant see it still.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
this is exactly about the exchanges. it is also about the feds that could have expanded federal medicaid if the states didnt do it on their own. obamacare was supposed to take of these issues, and it isnt. you were sold a bill of goods my friend.

Quote:
The Medicaid expansion would be fully funded until 2016 and 90% funded going forward. North Carolina turned down federal money that could have helped their constituents. As far as I can tell, out of pure spite and abject fear that the Teabaggers would primary their asses.
right, and just where is the money going to come from? thats right the very tax payers in every state. and what does the state have to do to get this money? what kind of crap do they have to put up with from the feds? remember that every dollar that the feds send to the states, comes with strings attached, sometimes those strings are cables. and once the feds get their claws into you, they dont let go.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Obamacare would have cost North Carolina somewhere between $175 and $300 MILLION a year to impliment..

What do you think they should have cut to pay for it? Food stamps? HUD assistance to the poor? Section 8, or should they cut out energy assistance to thoe who need help paying their gas bills?

Old 10-03-2013, 09:50 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No it wasnt.. stop repeating the soundbites you hear that are total lies..

Romneycare didnt have a mandate, and didnt have the taxes..

Obamacare is projected to add up to $6.3 TRILLION to the national debt..

Now you're just making **** up..

There isnt a dam thing in Obamacare to cut costs, and 30 million are projected to go without insurance completely..
I post facts stated in sources (and I post links to the sources.) But you post "childlike gossip soundbites" without even listing a source.

Obamacare saves America money, while the republican plan costs huge amounts of money.

CBO: Obamacare saves money, GOP plan costs $109bn - AMERICAblog News

Last edited by chad3; 10-03-2013 at 09:58 PM..

Old 10-03-2013, 10:05 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
lets start with the roll out oct 1st. people tried calling in to sign up, and there were all kinds of problems. people that tried to sign up in the internet also faced lots of problems even getting information. if you are a spanish speaker, and you logged onto the website, you could get information, but you couldnt sign up.

and then there are all the new regulations that are coming, 20,000 pages and counting. and the new taxes that are going to hit soon. and how about big business being given a one year waiver for them to provide health insurance for their employees, but the people dont get the same consideration. and how about congress getting a waiver from obamacare? this is going to be a major disaster, and you cant see it still.
Can you be that naive?

Yes, I think so.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:13 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
I think it is too early to say there is a problem. You might well be right, but I will reserve judgment for a bit.

The rabid drive to call it a failure up front is just like the guy in Green Eggs and Ham who swears he hates something, that he may well like. It is us vs. them political intrigue, pure and simple.

The major step forward towards a national health plan for our country is a huge symbolic and legal step forward for our country. Will it be without flaws. Absolutely not, but it a huge step in the right direction. This is my view, and I suspect the view of many democrats, and not a few republicans. Our spotty health care system has been a source of national shame for too long.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:14 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:

I see. And you could do better.

Any new system will have initial problems. I thought there would be server problems because of the heavy loads on it. And that was my prediction. That also seemed to be the case. Not unexpected. But those are being ironed out. So? Thats the situation with any new system. You are naive to think otherwise.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:40 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
I see. And you could do better.

Any new system will have initial problems. I thought there would be server problems because of the heavy loads on it. And that was my prediction. That also seemed to be the case. Not unexpected. But those are being ironed out. So? Thats the situation with any new system. You are naive to think otherwise.
Yea, you predicted server overload but government couldn't predict and put up a system that could handle it? And this is the easy part to figure out and prepare for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies