Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 09:57 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,943 times

Advertisements

CLICK -> Obamacare's winners and losers in Bay Area - San Jose Mercury News

"Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura are big believers in the Affordable Care Act. They vote independent and are proud to say they helped elect and re-elect President Barack Obama.

Yet, like many other Bay Area residents who pay for their own medical insurance, they were floored last week when they opened their bills: Their policies were being replaced with pricier plans that conform to all the requirements of the new health care law."

"For years, the nation has been embroiled in the political rhetoric of "Obamacare," but this past week the reality of the new law sank in as millions of Americans had their first good look at how the 3 1/2-year-old legislation will affect their pocketbooks."

Cindy Vinson
"Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."

Tom Waschura
"I was laughing at Boehner -- until the mail came today," Waschura said, referring to House Speaker John Boehner, who is leading the Republican charge to defund Obamacare.

"I really don't like the Republican tactics, but at least now I can understand why they are so pissed about this. When you take $10,000 out of my family's pocket each year, that's otherwise disposable income or retirement savings that will not be going into our local economy."

Think maybe they wish they could go back to Nov 2012 and vote different? Lol

Old 10-06-2013, 09:59 PM

Oh, take the time to read through all the comments on this article.

Great points made and Tom from the article makes an appearance. Very intelligent guy, although quite naive.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:59 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Obamacare's winners and losers in Bay Area - San Jose Mercury News

"Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura are big believers in the Affordable Care Act. They vote independent and are proud to say they helped elect and re-elect President Barack Obama.

Yet, like many other Bay Area residents who pay for their own medical insurance, they were floored last week when they opened their bills: Their policies were being replaced with pricier plans that conform to all the requirements of the new health care law."

"For years, the nation has been embroiled in the political rhetoric of "Obamacare," but this past week the reality of the new law sank in as millions of Americans had their first good look at how the 3 1/2-year-old legislation will affect their pocketbooks."

Cindy Vinson
"Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."

Tom Waschura
"I was laughing at Boehner -- until the mail came today," Waschura said, referring to House Speaker John Boehner, who is leading the Republican charge to defund Obamacare.

"I really don't like the Republican tactics, but at least now I can understand why they are so pissed about this. When you take $10,000 out of my family's pocket each year, that's otherwise disposable income or retirement savings that will not be going into our local economy."

Vote for who?

Old 10-06-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Vote for who?
Anybody but O and his ACA.

(btw... the dumb act is sickening. Unless it's not an act. If that's the case, I apologize)

Old 10-06-2013, 10:02 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Well what did they think was going to happen?

All those people who were too poor to afford health care or insurance suddenly now get unlimited health care that costs them next to nothing. Someone has to pay.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Anybody but O and his ACA.

(btw... the dumb act is sickening. Unless it's not an act. If that's the case, I apologize)
Anybody but...?

This isn't really a well thought out argument is it.

Guaranteed if "anybody but..." had won there would be someone with a different name in that article complaining about something horrible. There already were, long before you ever heard of Obama.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:07 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
CLICK -> Obamacare's winners and losers in Bay Area - San Jose Mercury News

Cindy Vinson

Tom Waschura

Wow, that is some severe quote mining....Good that you included a link so folks can see both sides of the story.

Last edited by sanspeur; 10-06-2013 at 11:03 PM..

Old 10-06-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Guaranteed if "anybody but..." had won there would be someone with a different name in that article complaining about something horrible. There already were, long before you ever heard of Obama.
Wha?

Wow

I am speechless.

Please dazzle us some more with your well thought out comments.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Wow, that is some severe quote mining....Good that you included a link so folks can see both side of the story.
Well, the title of my thread is "Obamacare buyer remorse in Cali" right?

Anyway... what do you think the point of the article is?

Old 10-06-2013, 10:19 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Cindy Vinson

lol. The typical mindset of an 0bama toe sucker. I think she posts here, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies