Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2013, 01:24 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
That's only your opinion and you know what they say about opinions.....
Nothing negative about being assertive, being aggressive in business and having a healthy libido.
I have no problem with that either. As the saying goes, "None of us are truly thinking if we all think alike."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 01:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
this whole thread was started on the basis of my opinion! try and comprehend that...

i was answering a specific question of another poster, you really need to follow context!

also, you should realize that you can exercise your healthy libido in healthy ways vs being promiscuous
Making it do squats, lunges and sit-ups?

Old 10-09-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
this whole thread was started on the basis of my opinion! try and comprehend that...

i was answering a specific question of another poster, you really need to follow context!

also, you should realize that you can exercise your healthy libido in healthy ways vs being promiscuous
As long as everyone is having sex in a responsible way I see no problem. Its all about responsibility to me.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:32 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
in America...

Women are becoming more aggressive, assertive, and self referenced.

Men are more passive on average.

agree or disagree?
agree

Quote:
Personally I find it alarming how women are assuming, the more negative, attributes of men! Selfishness, no shame or less in cheating or playing the field and sexually objectifying the opposite sex, decreasing empathy and/or maternal instinct, etc.
alarming? not really.

depressing? maybe.

annoying? definitely.

Quote:
Obviously with women's liberation in this country, women have amassed more power and opportunity, which is great. However, it seems that with the breaking of the shackles and cracking of the glass ceilings; women are starting to perpetrate the very same attributes that they rallied against for so many years.
well, you have a lot of aging feminists who've been running on autopilot for the past 40 years, and still think that women are disadvantaged.

some of the weaker men who grew up in this environment were imparted with a tremendous level of self-loathing, thus spawning the 'white knights' of my generation.

it's all very irritating.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:37 PM

For the most part, I still believe women have a edge of moral superiority over men. I hope to god that continues too. I believe in the saying, "One man equals an individual, one woman equals a nation."

Old 10-09-2013, 01:46 PM

600 posts, read 660,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most violent crime in the world is committed by " young" men of all races with inadequate coping skills who cannot seem to control their aggressive tendencies.

yes, especially in societies without the calming influence of women (feminine women)...

Old 10-09-2013, 01:46 PM

872 posts, read 1,385,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You do yourself no favors by buying into that quackery. Psychology and conclusive are mutually exclusive.
Not only psychology, but also neurophysiology, developmental biology and psychiatry. Only the scientifically illiterate (or deluded) would dare to posit nowadays that gender roles are purely an index of social conditioning.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:48 PM

600 posts, read 660,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
For the most part, I still believe women have a edge of moral superiority over men. I hope to god that continues too. I believe in the saying, "One man equals an individual, one woman equals a nation."

exactly my point, however that edge is definitely waining in our society and i find it alarming...

Old 10-09-2013, 01:53 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
yes, especially in societies without the calming influence of women (feminine women)...
Maybe men need to start being responsible for their own actions. It is not my responsibility, as a woman, to be a "calming influence" on you or anyone else. Put on your big boy pants, and take responsibility for yourself.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
I can catch a fish, kill a bug, grow a garden, take out the trash and earn my own money, all in mascara, lipstick and heels. I consider myself feminine. I raised a son by myself, and he's the least aggressive person you'll ever meet. Never got into a fight in his life.
I also take a lover from time to time. I'm sorry if you think that makes me a bad woman. Frankly, I couldn't care less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies