Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2013, 06:17 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,850,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; even THAT I wonder about. I say that because many crimes against Black kids by Black dudes ain't talked about outside the "family". Hell; wasn't Oprah raped by her uncle when she was 14? Another Black lady hurt that way was Maya Angelou. Then there's Robin Shivers, SHE was also molested by a Black dude. Those 3 crimes slipped past the "family wall".
look at the stats. the logic is stupid, but thats what some people in this thread are saying.

im smart enough to use my head and judge each situation as it arises.

dumb and lazy people cant do that, which is why they make mass generalizations. they are too stupid to be able to process that one black person is different from another.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:32 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,962,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
look at the stats. the logic is stupid, but thats what some people in this thread are saying.

im smart enough to use my head and judge each situation as it arises.

dumb and lazy people cant do that, which is why they make mass generalizations. they are too stupid to be able to process that one black person is different from another.
Did I say ALL Black dudes are baby rapists?! IMHO it's NOT talked about outside of the "Black world" how many of their kids are hurt by adults.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:12 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,850,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Did I say ALL Black dudes are baby rapists?! IMHO it's NOT talked about outside of the "Black world" how many of their kids are hurt by adults.
im not even referring to that. im referring to another poster saying he is scared of all blacks. i brought up the example of whites being overrepresented as child rapists and pedos, and that using his logic i should be afraid of all white males near children.

i use my head though. i know that people are individuals, not groups. my point is lazy and dumb people can't use there head to make that simple differentiation.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:19 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,169,590 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH_G3fk2ajQ

Old 12-07-2013, 08:34 PM

650 posts, read 515,694 times
I'm getting one of those pen cameras. they will do audio and everything in HD. Plus all ABM have camera's and many restr including outdoors. So if something is happening and it can be lured over to a likely camera spot, thats the way to go immdiatly. Also fainting and ambulance with a complaint the guy scared the crap outta ya. Or you can bluff, I want you to know that building right there has camera and a relative of mine works there for years. A person knows in about 10 seconds if someone is just trying to fill the card for the day and arrest. Thats the problem, many cannot tell the difference between bad and good, and its supposed to be the talent for the job.

Last edited by alexcanter; 12-07-2013 at 08:47 PM..

Old 12-07-2013, 09:02 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,364,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
You are delusional. Blacks disproportionately break the law, no sympathy here. Blacks are far more likely to engage in violent crimes as well.
Really?? Now please explain to us all how you came to this conclusion and what is your solution?

Old 12-07-2013, 09:30 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,097,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
Put black cops in black hoods and see if blacks get arrested. Do the same for Latins and whites.
Cops should only be hired if they were born and raised in a city, and if in a big city, they should only be assigned to neighborhoods where they lived.

Of course, Harrier is being pragmatic - if Harrier had his way, police departments would be abolished.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:43 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,169,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Cops should only be hired if they were born and raised in a city, and if in a big city, they should only be assigned to neighborhoods where they lived.

Of course, Harrier is being pragmatic - if Harrier had his way, police departments would be abolished.
I can't remember if it was you, but did you suggest Sheriff's because they are elected? I remember someone suggesting that before.

I believe that there should be Independent review boards with the power to prosecute, that handle citizen's complaints against the Police and that can provide additional help to public defenders.

I also think we need to have abolish internal investigations.

If they are serving the public they better start acting like it.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:23 AM

6,402 posts, read 4,893,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Why do we have more people in prison, than China or India? Why are certain neighborhoods more violent than others?

There's violent neighborhoods in Eastern Kentucky/Tennessee just like there are in Chicago and Detroit. Why are we much more violent than other developed countries?
I have read that China executes an estimated 10,000 per year for alleged crimes. No doubt that helps keep their incarceration rate lower. Probably serves as a deterrent too. For many years, condemned prisoners were kept alive until a tissue match could be made, then their organs were harvested and sold. The pragmatic Chinese defended this by stating that it was how criminals repaid society for their crimes.
It seems pretty logical if you are going to execute them anyway.

Last edited by Futuremauian; 12-08-2013 at 09:10 AM..

Old 12-08-2013, 09:15 AM

6,402 posts, read 4,893,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Oh please give us a break.

Is the system perfect? Of course not.

But let's keep it 110%...most people (black,white or otherwise) are in jail because they belong there.

As a black man, imo...the emphasis should be placed more on less young black men committing crimes, than simply focusing on a few individuals who were unjustly incarcerated and thereby using that as a false presumption that all the rest should be exonerated.
Undoubtedly true! Good post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies