Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 08:04 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,309,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Like us "Irish" back in the day: we had to clean up OUR rep BEFORE other white people would accept us. Blacks are going through that same thing now IMHO. Again like the Irish; many people DIED from drinking, fighting and working dangerous jobs before being accepted. Too; like Blacks in 2013, it's like the Irish ladies were accepted 1st 100 years ago, THEN it followed for the men.
I don't understand the point you are attempting to make and I don't care.

This is very simple and plain. Crime has nothing to do with skin color. There is no such thing as collective racial guilt for crimes committed by people of the same skin color.

Black men who are not criminals should not be harassed by the police because they are black men, and because people like you think black men have to collectively pay for crime.

This is a fundamentally racist way to think about crime and it is evil, immoral, and unconstitutional.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:58 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,152,079 times
"In fact, writes Miami Herald reporter Julie K. Brown, "They relished it, taunting the store's owner by waving open beer cans and cups, taken from customers, directly in front of the cameras."

That owner, Alex Saleh, installed the 15 cameras last year, not to protect himself from robbers - he says he's never been robbed - but to protect himself and his customers in this working class, predominantly black South Florida enclave, from repeated police harassment.

The incidents detailed at the top, by the way, are but the tip of the garbage barge."

Pitts: Even with cameras rolling, police corruption continues - Houston Chronicle

Old 12-09-2013, 04:52 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,938,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I don't understand the point you are attempting to make and I don't care.

This is very simple and plain. Crime has nothing to do with skin color. There is no such thing as collective racial guilt for crimes committed by people of the same skin color.

Black men who are not criminals should not be harassed by the police because they are black men, and because people like you think black men have to collectively pay for crime.

This is a fundamentally racist way to think about crime and it is evil, immoral, and unconstitutional.
Deal with it; us "Irish" had to deal with what some people call "racism" too. No 1 owes you or I a thing, NO 1!

Before you TRY to pull the "Black" race card: think about this; Black people who come from Africa have far LESS racist prejudice against them than many American Black people so that kills skin color, wide noses and kinky hair as reasons to fail and be hood rats.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Deal with it; us "Irish" had to deal with what some people call "racism" too. No 1 owes you or I a thing, NO 1!

Before you TRY to pull the "Black" race card: think about this; Black people who come from Africa have far LESS racist prejudice against them than many American Black people so that kills skin color, wide noses and kinky hair as reasons to fail and be hood rats.
Wow.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:28 PM

Irish people are being profiled by the Police because they're Irish?

Old 12-09-2013, 05:34 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,309,303 times
Quote:

Again, I don't understand the point you are attempting to make and I don't care. You are discussing subjects that have nothing to do with anything I wrote or care to discuss.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:07 PM

6,389 posts, read 4,858,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Again, I don't understand the point you are attempting to make and I don't care. You are discussing subjects that have nothing to do with anything I wrote or care to discuss.
One thing you have made abundantly clear in post after post, is that you "don't understand" & "don't care". If the posts here are confusing, or not what you "care to discuss", why respond at all? This is an open forum. The posts are not directed to you alone, and don't require a response.
Why not look for a topic that is more easily understood?

Old 12-09-2013, 06:23 PM

73,143 posts, read 62,819,287 times
Quote:

Why should I have to "deal with it"? What do I get from it? If I a being treated poorly, I will stand up for myself. As an American, I feel I should be treated as an American.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:46 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,938,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
One thing you have made abundantly clear in post after post, is that you "don't understand" & "don't care". If the posts here are confusing, or not what you "care to discuss", why respond at all? This is an open forum. The posts are not directed to you alone, and don't require a response.
Why not look for a topic that is more easily understood?
Some people don't like the truth because it hurts. I ain't saying what happens is right or fair but; there are reasons for prejudice based on fear. Even Jesse Jackson owned up to the fear of young Black dudes and HE is a "Black" dude.

There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.... After all we have been through. Just to think we can't walk down our own streets, how humiliating.
Remarks at a meeting of Operation PUSH in Chicago (27 November 1993). Quoted in "Crime: New Frontier - Jesse Jackson Calls It Top Civil-Rights Issue" by Mary A. Johnson, 29 November 1993, Chicago Sun-Times (ellipsis in original). Partially quoted in US News & World Report (10 March 1996)

Jesse Jackson - Wikiquote

Old 12-09-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Why should I have to "deal with it"? What do I get from it? If I a being treated poorly, I will stand up for myself. As an American, I feel I should be treated as an American.
We're not American we're "black" to some posters.

Therefore we deserve to get profiled and harassed by the Police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies