Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 10:55 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
I never said I know for a fact that there are exactly this many or that many people who apply this ideaology, but I know enough to make an educated assumption that it's a significant number. And yes, I heard, read, observed, engaged in conversations, etc., like most people do before making assumptions. But, according to you, my assumptions have virtually no merit or validity at all. I'm making things up as I go along and am clearly way off base. The stuff I'm talking about only applies to an extremely small segment of Black America, not even notable or noticeable.

Maybe you'd like some YouTube vids or links to jog my point? There are plenty out there, and easy to find. But, you might dismiss those too.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that this side chat has gotten away from the OP. Police hunting blacks like slaves, I'm not sure about the claim, but I'd have to go back and read the OP again before commenting. Just want to make sure it is known that this has become an entirely separate conversation.
Then what you are writing is worthless because you don't know anything about their inner thoughts and certainly you don't anything about the inner thoughts of people you have never meet on the basis of their skin color.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:09 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
U mad?
Huh?

Old 12-13-2013, 06:34 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why would anyone show their ID if they weren't doing anything? The poster you are replying to doesn't get it.
Do as you're told mundane.

I don't know too many young black/latino kids who refused to show their I.D and simply get ignored by the police even if they were not doing anything. With many officers their attitude is "do whatever I tell you" regardless if your rights are trampled to death

Old 12-13-2013, 07:21 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I don't know too many young black/latino kids who refused to show their I.D and simply get ignored by the police even if they were not doing anything. With many officers their attitude is "do whatever I tell you" regardless if your rights are trampled to death
What does get me is many of those "racist" cops ARE Black or "dark skin Hispanic" who hassle the dudes you just talked about. Maybe it's because those "dark skin" cops HATE it when "their own people" play the fool and DON'T cut them slack. I'm guessing here.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
What does get me is many of those "racist" cops ARE Black or "dark skin Hispanic" who hassle the dudes you just talked about. Maybe it's because those "dark skin" cops HATE it when "their own people" play the fool and DON'T cut them slack. I'm guessing here.
How about that they have to prove to their lighter skin buddies that they won't show favorites?

Old 12-14-2013, 07:43 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
The woman in this video is not a minority, but it highlights the growing problem we have in Law Enforcement. We need better officers patrolling our streets. More peaceful officers and officers who respect the rights of the public.

Posting this in this thread just so there's not multiple threads discussing Police issues.

**Check out the comment at the bottom from a former officer.

Claims of police brutality under investigation in St. Simons Island|Action News - Jacksonville News, Weather & Sports - ActionNewsJax.com

Old 12-14-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
How about that they have to prove to their lighter skin buddies that they won't show favorites?
Maybe although several "brown" Hispanics told me they'd rather be stopped by "anglo white" cops because the Hispanics ones treat them real bad.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:11 AM

Rodney King beating:

The 5 cops were ID'd as "white" tho 2 were "Hispanic", looking at their names.

Rodney King - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first five LAPD officers to arrive at the scene were Stacey Koon, Laurence Powell, Timothy Wind, Theodore Briseno, and Rolando Solano.

Koon then ordered the four other LAPD officers at the scene--Briseno, Powell, Solano, and Wind--to subdue and handcuff King using a technique called a "swarm."

Old 12-14-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Maybe although several "brown" Hispanics told me they'd rather be stopped by "anglo white" cops because the Hispanics ones treat them real bad.
That holds true for black officers who ride with white officer as opposed to other black or Latino officers as well.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:15 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,835,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Then what you are writing is worthless because you don't know anything about their inner thoughts and certainly you don't anything about the inner thoughts of people you have never meet on the basis of their skin color.
He doesn't "know anything about the inner thoughts" of all other black people, but YOU DO??? What makes your beliefs any more valid than his?
Repeatedly, you have dismissed the opinions of others on this thread as "worthless". They are no more worthless than your own.
Grow up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies