Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2014, 04:42 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,135,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by risotto11 View Post
You don't see any difference between Gary or Newark and rural America, which by the way can be both white and black?

Do you the police should stop policing the ghettos and instead focus on Appalachia for instance? Lol
Do you know what would happen in Gary or Newark then? Let me give you a hint, black-on-black violence is one of the biggest crime problems this country ever faced....

I can't believe this absurdity.
Quote:
Really? The crimes outside of the ghettos go unnoticed? Hilarious.

Have you ever been to parts of Appalachia?? They'll kill you over there just as fast as they'll kill ya in some western parts of the states. Parts of Appalachia and other rural/small towns in America have posted some of the highest murder rates in the country in the past. I know because that's more my neck of the woods.

Black on black violence now is no worse than Italian on Italian violence back during alcohol Prohibition. Or what was going on in some rural areas involved in the alcohol trade. Different illegal market, same lack of opportunity, etc.

You've heard of "Gangster" City right?

Old 02-02-2014, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
It's not even just people of color. Even whites are being targeted, especially POOR and disadvantaged whites.

A lot of it is tied to class

It's crazy bull$hit

Rep

Most definitely so.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:58 AM

804 posts, read 619,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Have you ever been to parts of Appalachia?? They'll kill you over there just as fast as they'll kill ya in some western parts of the states. Parts of Appalachia and other rural/small towns in America have posted some of the highest murder rates in the country in the past. I know because that's more my neck of the woods.

Black on black violence now is no worse than Italian on Italian violence back during alcohol Prohibition. Or what was going on in some rural areas involved in the alcohol trade. Different illegal market, same lack of opportunity, etc.

But we are not in Prohibition times, are we? You should be greatful that taxpayers send cops to the ghettos, if cops would ever pull out, the ghetto would be awash in blood.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:08 AM

Quote:
But we are not in Prohibition times, are we? You should be greatful that taxpayers send cops to the ghettos, if cops would ever pull out, the ghetto would be awash in blood.
We are most definitely in Prohibition times Einstein. Wake up.

You'd probably like the "ghettos awash in blood" wouldn't you? Why should I even think you care about the issue when all you spout is racist babble.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:11 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Need to end the drug war. Yes, the drug war is the new prohibition and it is doing to impoverished communities the same thing alcohol prohibition did. Ending the drug war would greatly reduce the violence and allow the cops to focus on real criminals.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:29 AM

804 posts, read 619,175 times
Quote:
We are most definitely in Prohibition times Einstein. Wake up.
Oh, you mean drugs. Sure you'd love to get drugs legalized. Hopefully that will never happen.

Quote:
You'd probably like the "ghettos awash in blood" wouldn't you? Why should I even think you care about the issue when all you spout is racist babble.
Yes. Everybody is racist: cops, judges, even those who are black themselves. It's the racist system that's the problem. Racism is the reason Black are killing Blacks in Cabrini Green or Westlawn.
Do you really believe that? Lol

Old 02-03-2014, 08:05 AM

Sharing this link because it highlights some of the intrusive and criminal actions that some officers engage in, in an attempt to get convictions. Not only were these American's rights violated, but in one instance, the dash cam shows an officer planting a bag of marijuana on a man.

In situations that extreme, the officer deserves the maximum sentence allowed for the offense he was trying to entrap the citizen with.

Roadside violation: Drivers, passengers say police searched... | www.wsbtv.com

Old 02-03-2014, 08:38 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:

I've tried to make this connection so many times for people, but racist minds don't want to hear it.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:39 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Need to end the drug war. Yes, the drug war is the new prohibition and it is doing to impoverished communities the same thing alcohol prohibition did. Ending the drug war would greatly reduce the violence and allow the cops to focus on real criminals.
The government is not motivated to end the drug war when the victims are mainly black/brown.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
The government is not motivated to end the drug war when the victims are mainly black/brown.
And when they're making a ton of money from it.

They lock up the black and brown kids for it after selling it to the big time pushers. Same as in back in the day. The Drug War is when our incarceration rates started to sky rocket and we became the world's incarceration leader. Incarcerating 25% of the world's prison population.

DEA, Sinaloa Cartel in Secret Cooperation for Years | TIME.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies