Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 06:48 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,370,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Wow, pulling out the knee jerk lib response. "Think of the children, think of the children!!". OK, what else should you reward dead beat parents with in the name of the children? Free housing? Free car? Poverty pimps love to have it both ways. They claim that people don't have more kids to receiving increased benefits, then they turn around and claim benefits can't be cut because it would hurt the innocent children.
WOW! Hope you never spawn. The party of mean rides again. This time against faultless children.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:11 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,600,109 times

It's quite amazing how effective divide, conquer & control techniques are. This forum alone has probably 1,000,000 + of the welfare related posts, it's just like the thieves threw a bone to the dogs to get away with valuable loot. It's just stupid.

Last edited by RememberMee; 10-13-2013 at 07:20 PM..

Old 10-13-2013, 07:24 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,393,415 times
Speaking of stupid, ya gotta love the whizbangs who think the National Park Service is part of the Department of Agriculture. Way to go, guys!

Old 10-13-2013, 08:18 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,687,569 times
Welfare becomes generational. When kids see parents get handouts, it's all they know and they grow up to breed thoughtlessly and the cycle repeats. They think it's normal and see absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:50 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,996,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Welfare becomes generational. When kids see parents get handouts, it's all they know and they grow up to breed thoughtlessly and the cycle repeats. They think it's normal and see absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Just the fact that you used the word "breed" in that post shows your true colors. Animals breed. People have children.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:21 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,445,842 times
I am SO DISGUSTED by this horrific, blame-game, name calling.

When I was going to school and raising two children on my own I was working THREE JOBS. Yes, 3 jobs while going to college. Yes I got assistance, and I also worked my a## off. I STILL work my a## off.

ALL of you who are complaining about us horrible animals who get food stamps should really be complaining about the dead-beat, loser fathers who take no responsibility for their children (oh hey, who raised those men? Not me, I have daughters!). Go after all the dads who aren't paying child support or who work under the table to get around it. Those are the lazy, entitled, thieves that are abusing the system.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:32 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,475,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
2 Thessalonians 3:10

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
What about those who cannot find work and are searching for it? Are they supposed to go hungry while they struggle to earn enough to put food on the table? Gee, I love religion. It gives those who have never been in desperate situations license to be self righteous and uncaring.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:40 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,296,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
^^^

^^^

I'm with you guys! There are a lot of totally arrogant individuals around who act like they have what they have because of something that they actually did, rather than by the sheer luck of the drawn of being born with healthy to the parents they got.

I bet most of these mean-spirited individuals will be trotting their butts off to church later this morning where they will undoubtedly drop a few coins in the collection plate and declare themselves "good Christians" despite having missed the entire message of Christianity!

Do you ever wonder if maybe some of those mean spirited individuals grew up in poverty and worked very hard to get themselves out of poverty and stay out of poverty?

There are always two sides to a story and the simple fact that there are so many who abuse the system and others who point out those that abuse the system does not mean they are not Christian or have missed the entire message of Christianity.

Have you worked your way out of poverty or are you one of those who was born to wealthy parents out of sheer luck of the draw?

Old 10-14-2013, 03:43 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,327,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Wow, pulling out the knee jerk lib response. "Think of the children, think of the children!!". OK, what else should you reward dead beat parents with in the name of the children? Free housing? Free car? Poverty pimps love to have it both ways. They claim that people don't have more kids to receiving increased benefits, then they turn around and claim benefits can't be cut because it would hurt the innocent children.
See, that's why I have issues with righties. You seem like the type of person I would avoid being around. Do you know how cold-hearted your response seems? Again, the children never asked to be here. They shouldn't be punished for their parents irresponsible actions. Are you suggesting that their only meals should be the ones provided by schools (Breakfast & lunch from M-F)?

NEWSFLASH, DARLING!

NOT EVERYONE ON GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE IS ABUSING IT!

I laugh as you throw money into your corrupted mega-churches. Last time I went to a mega-church, the pastor mentioned that they have a $5 million mortgage church during the collection of tithes. Not to mention valet parking while his Bentley was sitting upfront.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:45 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,327,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
I am SO DISGUSTED by this horrific, blame-game, name calling.

When I was going to school and raising two children on my own I was working THREE JOBS. Yes, 3 jobs while going to college. Yes I got assistance, and I also worked my a## off. I STILL work my a## off.

ALL of you who are complaining about us horrible animals who get food stamps should really be complaining about the dead-beat, loser fathers who take no responsibility for their children (oh hey, who raised those men? Not me, I have daughters!). Go after all the dads who aren't paying child support or who work under the table to get around it. Those are the lazy, entitled, thieves that are abusing the system.
I'd like for you to give your opinion in a thread I started in the Psychology section: Why do women...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies