Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2013, 01:21 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,953,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
No, you are attacking him as a person, not discussing the truth behind his statement.
Pointing out the inconguence of his analogy is not a personal attack. It is your assessment that his comment is truth.

Don't mistake somone disagreeing with your BFF as a personal attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 01:23 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,773,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So, in your opinion, slavery was a good thing? Really hard to believe you are going here - but here it is.
Those are your words, not mine. You appear to think that if people get something free or cheap then it doesn't matter what the delivery mechanism is. Slavery delivered free food and health care. So using your logic, slavery was OK.

The fact that some people will get free or cheaper health care under Obamacare is meaningless. The total costs will go up dramatically and millions of hard working Americans will pay much much more.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:26 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,767,958 times
Quote:
I had those kinds of payments for about 10 years. It cost more per month for my child's birth than it did for the payments on my car.
I think for a lot of the more routine kinds of things, there should be more options.

I think birth in a hospital is good because things can go wrong, but the costs if nothing goes wrong don't need to be so high. I think it's a bit risky to use midwives unless in a hospital -- but why not have more options like a midwife birth at a hospital so in case something does go wrong, lives could be saved. They don't have that option here.

In my opinion everyone can pay routine office visits, anyone who wants "wellness visits" should pay for them themselves. Everyone should pay for their vaccinations, and routine checkups and routine lab tests.

Insurance costs could go down is we weren't having to pay for those who like to run to a doctor every time they stub their toe or cough. We should at least pick the kind of insurance pool we want to be in. Let us opt out and save money if we don't need the wellness checks.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:31 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,767,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So, in your opinion, slavery was a good thing? Really hard to believe you are going here - but here it is.
No one said it was a good thing, but you need to understand what slavery actually is. It's a BAD thing because the slave owners benefitted from the labor of others. The slaves didn't get to keep the profits of their own labor, their labor was stolen from them. That's why it was bad.

Just like with Obama, we're being turned into slaves, working for others, unable to benefit from our own labor. When you sit around expecting everyone else to work for you, support you, you are just like a slave owner and those having to work for your benefit are like slaves.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:34 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,978,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Pointing out the inconguence of his analogy is not a personal attack. It is your assessment that his comment is truth.

Don't mistake somone disagreeing with your BFF as a personal attack.
I believe you said this:

Quote:
then Im a racist, becasue I dont agree with all of BO's policies. Dr. Carson is not being "called-out" for his color, just his statement.

ive not seen anyone speak to his color.
Here's one quote:
Quote:
Here we go again with an African American conservative pulling "slavery card"
Another:

Quote:
The problem that the GOP has it that every time they select a "token Negro" who will be their golden ticket to get the black vote, that token person is an idiot or loon.
Should I continue? Or should I start posting all the nonsense aobut how stupid, idiotic, mindless, lunatic, blah, blah, blah they say he is because, well, he spoke to principle and not expedient politics?

Old 10-13-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think for a lot of the more routine kinds of things, there should be more options.

I think birth in a hospital is good because things can go wrong, but the costs if nothing goes wrong don't need to be so high. I think it's a bit risky to use midwives unless in a hospital -- but why not have more options like a midwife birth at a hospital so in case something does go wrong, lives could be saved. They don't have that option here.

In my opinion everyone can pay routine office visits, anyone who wants "wellness visits" should pay for them themselves. Everyone should pay for their vaccinations, and routine checkups and routine lab tests.

Insurance costs could go down is we weren't having to pay for those who like to run to a doctor every time they stub their toe or cough. We should at least pick the kind of insurance pool we want to be in. Let us opt out and save money if we don't need the wellness checks.
The whole point of the mandate is to make YOU who does not abuse the system and acts frugally, subsidize those who consume it freely.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:40 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,841,882 times
Quote:
The whole point of the mandate is to make YOU who does not abuse the system and acts frugally, subsidize those who consume it freely.
incorrect, because im still forced to pay into it.

ive said numerous times that im not going to pay for health insurance and that i dont want it.

you and others will pick up my expenses until there is a system similar to canada/western europe where you dont pay at all.

ill pay the 95 fee, and you'll keep paying for me if i have to go in for something. just like with my dental bill in 07.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
incorrect, because im still forced to pay into it.

ive said numerous times that im not going to pay for health insurance and that i dont want it.

you and others will pick up my expenses until there is a system similar to canada/western europe where you dont pay at all.

ill pay the 95 fee, and you'll keep paying for me if i have to go in for something. just like with my dental bill in 07.
What makes you think they don't pay?

They do pay ,and they pay astronomically.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:20 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,761,258 times
I can definitely see the comparison between Obamacare and slavery. Forcing people into something against their will. There's many a tale of people who've been uninsured for years and haven't had a reason to visit a hospital.

The whole aim of Obamacare is to force and corner everyone into purchasing insurance. Just look at the fine. It starts off at $95 or 1% of your income which ever is greater -- Many people will have to pay more than the $95 due to their incomes. The fine's percentage will increase every year.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
I can definitely see the comparison between Obamacare and slavery. Forcing people into something against their will. There's many a tale of people who've been uninsured for years and haven't had a reason to visit a hospital.

The whole aim of Obamacare is to force and corner everyone into purchasing insurance. Just look at the fine. It starts off at $95 or 1% of your income which ever is greater -- Many people will have to pay more than the $95 due to their incomes. The fine's percentage will increase every year.
You will owe a tax, even if you were some state of suspended animation.

That's just a tip of the iceberg when it comes to why Carson called it "the worst thing since slavery".

The issue with slavery was not economic, it wasn't military, it was moral. And, the problem with Obamacare is the same... It is also immoral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies