Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 01:31 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
You do realize that you answered your own question, right?
your premise was pretty damn dumb to begin with. I'm glad we agree on this.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:32 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Placed right where it belongs.

This flag was used by our Navy before the Stars & Stripes and represents my views to governmental tyrants.
Thank God for those veterans ....our grand army of the people.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:33 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post

whatever dude.
Must suck to be a brainwashed cult member.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:56 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
So, where you absolutely infuriated by Occupy Wall Street?

If not, then you have no principled argument.

They belong to the people, and if the people trample on them, then they get trampled.

Kinda like how, if you tear up your lawn, you don't have a lawn. It is, however, YOUR LAWN.
I'm not "infuriated" by what the vets did either. I'm not a republican. I don't let people with different political beliefs cause me to foam at the mouth. my argument is not against people using these public places, it is against allowing them to be improperly maintained.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:59 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Must suck to be a brainwashed cult member.
You again Sissy? I thought you went to bed.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:10 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Drudge has links up to a couple of sites that have photos - there is one of a long string of Park Police on horses just sitting a trying to figure out what to do. Looks like it was a miserable rainy day for all these folks to get out in their wheelchairs, but they sure had a good time.

Looks like only one News reporter was on scene -
So does Alex Jones. The veterans actually carried the barricades off, and piled them up in front of the White House. Now, the feds have ordered new barricades to replace the old ones, while the so-called shutdown continues.

While the government is supposedly still in “shutdown,” more money is being spent on new barricades to fence off the World War II memorial in DC, just hours after outraged veterans removed the old barricades and dumped them outside the White House.

Some have cited the White House’s vindictiveness over the barricades as an example of how Obama is behaving like “President Stompy Feet” in punishing Americans for the government shut down.

» Feds Order Barricades Back Up at WWII Memorial Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

[LEFT]

Old 10-14-2013, 05:14 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
because they belong to the people, I want these places properly maintained and protected. I suppose you would support opening these places to all where anyone can practice their freedoms, even if it involves graffiti, taking things home as souvenirs, setting up camp.
These memorials are for the people, by the people - the gov't has no right to keep the people out! What a stupid argument!!! sheesh This has nothing to do with expenses, this is Obama throwing a temper tantrum.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:17 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Lots of fizzles for the Tea Party this week-end. The million truck rally drew 30 trucks and the million vet rally drew about 200. It would appear that they fell short by nearly two million.

And what a huge come down for Sarah Palin, who used to draw crowds in the thousands and now can barely coerce a few hundred to come out to hear her speak. Pretty weak showing for half term quitter. The Tea Party is shrinking by the day in both numbers and influence. Soon, they will be nothing more than a bad memory. Happy days ahead!
You get a EBT card and a case of govt cheese?

Old 10-14-2013, 05:20 PM

4,319 posts, read 4,206,586 times
Another lib's argument I find hilarious is -- "ohhh, these are old people", as if old know less.

When in fact it is the opposite -- as you get older, you accumulate more knowledge, you get more experience. Many of these vets fought the wars, have seen the world, and run many circles around arrogant and shallow youngsters.

It never dawned on libs that these old people know something libs don't?

Old 10-14-2013, 05:20 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
So does Alex Jones. The veterans actually carried the barricades off, and piled them up in front of the White House. Now, the feds have ordered new barricades to replace the old ones, while the so-called shutdown continues.

While the government is supposedly still in “shutdown,” more money is being spent on new barricades to fence off the World War II memorial in DC, just hours after outraged veterans removed the old barricades and dumped them outside the White House.

Some have cited the White House’s vindictiveness over the barricades as an example of how Obama is behaving like “President Stompy Feet” in punishing Americans for the government shut down.

» Feds Order Barricades Back Up at WWII Memorial Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

[LEFT]

The vets can remove these if they please .... Since the feds have shut down why is the BUM still in OUR White House? He needs to go take a hotel room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies