Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 06:29 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,350,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Necessarily. What I said is definitely true. There are no exceptions.
YOU ARE WRONG! AND YOU ARE WRONG BECAUSE I SAY SO!

See, I can do that too. There are few who take your whiny, unfounded responses seriously.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:48 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,228,303 times
Good post and very accurate. Police in this country routinely commit the most heinous crimes with little or no repercussion and are held (by the naive) in high regard. What other class of citizen can shoot somebody that is handcuffed and claim self defense? Or steal the belongings of someone and just go on with their day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
It's funny that none of the Police have a criminal record for all of the offenses they've committed against the population.

You can't even get charges brought against an officer.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:43 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,982,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
YOU ARE WRONG! AND YOU ARE WRONG BECAUSE I SAY SO!

See, I can do that too. There are few who take your whiny, unfounded responses seriously.
No, you can't do that. I was correct, you're wrong.

There is only ONE reason why people take drugs, to escape themselves. It's the same reason people drink alcohol. And, you're one of them. And, you're defending it, by pretending that what you tried to do was not what you tried to do.

There's only one reason to do pot or any other drug... To chemically alter the brain, so that perception is impaired and reason is lost. You did it to yourself because you don't like yourself so much you literally could not stand being who you are, and you decided to try to alter your perception of yourself.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:33 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,350,153 times
Quote:

There is only ONE reason why people take drugs, to escape themselves. It's the same reason people drink alcohol. And, you're one of them. And, you're defending it, by pretending that what you tried to do was not what you tried to do.

There's only one reason to do pot or any other drug... To chemically alter the brain, so that perception is impaired and reason is lost. You did it to yourself because you don't like yourself so much you literally could not stand being who you are, and you decided to try to alter your perception of yourself.
Omg. I am cracking up reading this.

I actually think I am quite awesome. lol. Every time I smoked pot was with close friends. It was great bonding times with countless laughs and good movies . I don't expect you to understand bonding though. You are an extremely unpleasant person and I doubt you have even a single friend on this earth.

And you are not correct. You are wrong. Have you ever been tested for autism? Your responses really make me think so. If your responses in the real world are similar to what you post on this website you seriously should get evaluated.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:54 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,130,392 times
Quote:

Well psychedelics don´t really fit your belief.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:16 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,225,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It's also ironic BofA, who received a "second chance" at the hand of the taxpayer in 2009, won't do the same to anyone with the slightest transgression, even decades old.
Don't know about you, but I wouldn't want a felon having access to my SS #'s and personal information.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:27 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,663,329 times
Yes, I would hire someone with a record, depending on the job and the offense. Violent crimes are an automatic No, but everything else depends.

I believe that the urge to continue punishing folks - the thought process that they deserve the next 30+ years of poverty and thus added difficulty staying honest - should be resisted.

Societally we are worse off telling someone straight from the gate that there is no redemption, they have no chance to earn back a place with hard work and honesty, and no matter how well they behave now, they are screwed for poor judgement in early adulthood. How, exactly, does that encourage them to strive?

Case by case basis.

Last edited by rohirette; 10-16-2013 at 06:38 AM..

Old 10-16-2013, 07:28 AM

8,646 posts, read 9,161,951 times
Quote:
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Explain what stealing.
I'd say laugh, laugh all the way to the bank. Apparently, that should be a very short walk.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:12 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,527,938 times
I would not hire ex drug dealers, rapists, pedophiles or people who had been convicted of assault/murder.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 10-17-2013, 03:36 AM

37,971 posts, read 17,921,644 times
Quote:
Both are willful violation of the rules. You don't seem to get it. Why would you hire people who don't follow the rules they're supposed to operate by?
You mean like the Patriots in the revolution? Shame on them for not following the rules.
Take a butter knife to school, get suspended. Instead lets do or not do something because someone said.

Only someone with the inability to think for themselves would say a streaker or someone who takes a leak in public is a sex offender. I guess that makes Billy Carter a sex offender then right?

You get it yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies