Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 04:54 PM

30,331 posts, read 23,808,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
You start a thread saying Barack Hussain Obama. You know damn well using the word "Hussain" is gonna get everyone thinking about Saddam Hussain and Arab terrorists (and create a mental fog in this thread.)

You should have called your thread "I'm making a fog come on in and lets bash Obama."

I tried reading your post 4x but I can't do it, the first 3 times it gave me a headache, on the fourth attempt I started to laugh.
Why? Does the truth hurt you that badly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 05:04 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,786,851 times
Liberals got their way. It's Obama's way or the highway. ObamaCare must proceed unencumbered. Americans must suffer, let's do what we can to help him get there. Watch Liberals reaction for entertainment as the truth comes out.

They always complain about the military, Lets get rid of the military. Close the whole chabang down. Democrats love the dole so the fair thing to do is stop working and get on the government dole. Let it burn.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:36 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,908,409 times
Yeah, it's gonna be a cluster. I can hardly wait for my present insurance rates to shoot to the moon so others get theirs free.
Everyone in my position is going to love it as much as I will. Those who 'couldn't get insurance' previously didn't try hard enough as there are state and federal programs to help legal citizens.

See what I did? I just threw a hand grenade into the conversation and it will prove to be the straw. I would hate to be that poor camel. This nation has enough problems keeping its own citizens happy and the POTUS chooses to put every deadbeat wanting to step on our shores unannounced on the dole. The government - executive branch, BTW - is going to need to send foreign aid here to help with costs.

I can't wait to see what debt ceilings are going to be when the reign of BHO finally comes to an end. The USA will never survive this single president. So much is happening under the radar it can't be fully realized as of yet. When all of the strings pull at once SHTF and we enter hell.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:11 PM

3,542 posts, read 3,744,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumbling View Post
No, I would not have Obamacare proceed unencumbered, I would like to see it progress into universal health care like the no deductible Canadian model so no American suffers, let's do what we can to help ACA get there. Let it progress.
Following others is not innovation. You can have your ACA, just remove the mandate.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:20 PM

27,196 posts, read 15,375,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Actually, evaluation of ACA will come over the course of the next few years, but the right-wing is nowhere near out of the "fog": Right-wingers still refuse to acknowledge the primary purpose of ACA - making health coverage affordable for those who previously could not afford healthcare - and until they allow themselves to acknowledge and understand the reality, they'll never be competent to evaluate ACA's efficacy.

Here's an article outlining how ACA is actually doing what it is intending to do, effectively, and how that is benefiting real people - real human beings ...

Six Stories of Obamacare Already Making a Difference | Politics News | Rolling Stone

The right-wing myopia generally precludes them from seeing people in difficult circumstances as real people. Right-wing egoism tends to marginalize and discount those who are most vulnerable in society, like a large predator viciously regards smaller, weaker prey. What's necessary for the right-wing to finally get out of the "fog" is recognizing the basic principles of civilized society, i.e., the responsibility of the strong to protect others instead of exploit their strength in the interest of their own personal avarice. Perhaps ACA should have included a renewal of efforts to teach honor and citizenship, to both children and adults alike, since it sure seems like the right-wing has been corrupted by self-interest, self-centeredness, and self-aggrandizement.

People's impressions will be formed the first year.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:50 AM

Did the fog clear yet?

Old 10-18-2013, 10:52 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,182,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
The fog gets worse until people turn off the TV and burn the newspaper they have in their hands.
People need to read the bill (something Pelosi couldn't even do unless she voted for it, for some reason) and get the truth.

The bill is worthless. What people will have to comply with is the REGULATIONS that are a work in progress.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:34 AM

89,244 posts, read 44,992,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumbling View Post
The interesting thing I see on FOX news yesterday is how their commentators who never liked the ACA all of a sudden express so much concern for the people who buy the high deductible policies that are the lower cost policies in the ACA. You can literally see the empathy rolling off their lips yet they offer no suggestions to improve the high deductible situation other than to use that as a new talking point against the ACA.
Under the ACA, what low-premium options are there to improve the high deductible policy situation? Do tell...

Old 10-20-2013, 11:20 PM

There is absolutely zero chance that ObamaCare will be repealed while Democrats control the Senate and Obama is in the White House.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:45 PM

29,610 posts, read 16,602,281 times
To some this thread up.....

Positive numbers came back from all the states that set up their own exchanges and have been preparing for this time for the last year so we dont have anything to talk about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies