Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 10:02 AM

3,118 posts, read 5,361,223 times

Advertisements

I'm against excessive welfare programs and universal healthcare, but I think there should be no child (especially females) who grow up without dental care. Its just not fair to them. Not having straight teeth leaves negative effects throughout a persons whole life. It is just a giant billboard on their face that says "I'm poor and underclass." It keeps the poor poor. When they go into interviews for good jobs, they will be discriminated against. And it makes a otherwise hot girl seem not that attractive.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:04 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,523,412 times
Hmmmm...I agree. Who do you think should pay for it?

Old 10-20-2013, 10:07 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,747,673 times
Which is why people should wait to have kids until they can afford them.

Maybe these people would be willing to give up their nice obamaphones to have dental care instead?

Old 10-20-2013, 10:09 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,760,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
When they go into interviews for good jobs, they will be discriminated against.
Maybe their mothers should think twice before giving them "ethnic" names like Shaqueefa because those type of names will cause them to get passed over for jobs.

I never wore braces. If I can get through life with non-straight teeth, so can they.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:10 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,337,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
I'm against excessive welfare programs and universal healthcare, but I think there should be no child (especially females) who grow up without dental care. Its just not fair to them. Not having straight teeth leaves negative effects throughout a persons whole life. It is just a giant billboard on their face that says "I'm poor and underclass." It keeps the poor poor. When they go into interviews for good jobs, they will be discriminated against. And it makes a otherwise hot girl seem not that attractive.
Seriously? You're against universal healthcare but you think somebody else should pay for braces? Straight teeth are more important than cancer care or dialysis?
Even we don't pay for braces.
I do hope you're joking.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:12 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,917,271 times
No.. don't believe all kids should have straight teeth if it would come at the expense of the tax base. Why should anybody pay to fix your kids poor genetics..just because vanity is that important to you or them?

Last edited by Hot_Handz; 10-20-2013 at 10:28 AM..

Old 10-20-2013, 10:17 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,686,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Which is why people should wait to have kids until they can afford them.

Maybe these people would be willing to give up their nice obamaphones to have dental care instead?
Or buy dental insurance.

But for sure, don't have them if you can't afford them. It's not rocket science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Maybe their mothers should think twice before giving them "ethnic" names like Shaqueefa because those type of names will cause them to get passed over for jobs.

I never wore braces. If I can get through life with non-straight teeth, so can they.
And definitely lose the hideous, ethnic names.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:21 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,241,592 times
I agree with the OP.

Poor kids should have dental care and i don't mind my taxes being used for it if his/her family can't afford dental insurance.

It's easy to say that you shouldn't have kids until you can afford them, but that's basically useless once the kid has already been born. And of course, you're the same folks that don't want anyone having an abortion.

I'm paying for dumb wars and to rebuild nations that i really don't like. There's aid for Israel and Egypt...that's about 4 billion dollars right there. Use that to pay for the dental care instead.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:24 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,068,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I agree with the OP.

Poor kids should have dental care and i don't mind my taxes being used for it if his/her family can't afford dental insurance.

It's easy to say that you shouldn't have kids until you can afford them, but that's basically useless once the kid has already been born. And of course, you're the same folks that don't want anyone having an abortion.

I'm paying for dumb wars and to rebuild nations that i really don't like. There's aid for Israel and Egypt...that's about 4 billion dollars right there. Use that to pay for the dental care instead.
Defense is constitutional.

Having dental care is not.

I paid out of pocket for both of my kids braces....if I couldn't have afforded it, they would have imperfect teeth....no biggie.

BTW....it wasn't without financial sacrifice that we paid for braces.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:26 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,747,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I agree with the OP.

And you're one of the ones who loves abortion ---- so why aren't these impoverished kids being aborted? It's been legal for a long long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies