Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 10:12 PM

28 posts, read 47,721 times

Advertisements

I want to try and change the face of the gap. I am currently unaffiliated, but I want to register as a republican to give the party some sane members instead of what has happened with the tea party and religious right. I live in the so bay area and I think the party needs to change. I think the party needs to balance the budget, focus on a better healthcare plan than Obama care, leave social issues alone as the got has no right to tell someone what they can or cannot do sexually in their bedroom. I think the gap needs to be friendlier towards minorities and instead of what the democrats do with special programs that accomplish nothing and only further stereotypes and condensation, have groups from the GOP stress freedom and individuality and entrepouniship for minorities led by GOP minorities. I am personally religious and don’t drink either and conservative in my personal life. Here are my stances

I am for animal rights, I am a vegetarian, and I am against hunting and against videos showing cruelty to animals

I am pro-gay rights and gay marriage and think the govt shouldn’t tell two consenting adults who they can and cannot do in their bedroom and believe God wants all people to be happy

I am for amnesty for hardworking immigrants, and believe we should welcome these hard working people, However I am against giving them drivers licenses.

I am personally against abortion because of my personal religious belief, and life is sacred However I don’t think the got should make laws prohibiting abortions and I do believe in birth control because that is one step towards saving more lives.

I am for gun control

I am against affirmative action however and think it is outdated and a big waste of money

I am for marijuana legalization same with prostitution

I stand with Israel over Palestine

I am against wiretapping

I am against the death penalty because of my religious views

I am however for strict sentences for violent criminals for life imprisonment in isolation.

I am against closing Guantanamo

I am for healthcare reform but something even better than Obama

I am for not spending more than you have and balancing the budget

I am for cutting programs that are not working for the American people

I am for bringing jobs back to the us and out of china

I am for reforming welfare

I believe in climate change and think we should take measures to care for the environment

Overall I think the party needs to get back to the party of Lincoln, Goldwater, Eisenhower, Rockefeller and davits with elements of Ronald Reagan and George h w bush. I think the party needs to get away from the isolationist wings of the party, as well as get away from both the tea party and religious right factors of the party. The party needs to be fiscally responsible, stay out of people's personal lives, care for the environment, bring jobs back to the us, cut taxes and give hard working Americans healthcare. Another wards we need a fiscally conservative party, non-personal issue party, and a party that gets back to the values of caring for people and doing what needs to be done for veterans, the homeless and other groups.
The candiates I would campaign for are huntsman,karger, christie or arnold.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:16 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
The Republican party could use more people like you, but I expect the far right wing Conservative would just call you a liberal or RINO. Though if they continue to lose the presidential elections and end up losing Texas, I have a feeling the Republicans might start shifting their focus to people like you.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:00 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
you can register as a republican if you wish, that is your choice. just takes a few minutes at your local government office.

by the way, i am also for gun control, i think everyone should hit the ten ring regularly.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:17 PM

389 posts, read 1,219,300 times
Honestly, and this is not intended to be unkind but what you are espousing seems to be at odds in many instances.

For example you are against "Isolationists." But you are for gun control.

I don't know of anyone who is in favor of dirty water or air.

On the one hand you are for Libertarian values but also for liberal values for example: "and give hard working Americans healthcare."

There is no such thing as a free lunch. Any government program is by its very nature going to be wasteful of tax dollars. I speak from personal experience having worked in government.

I really wonder if you understand what the tea party movement is all about. It is not a party as such. It is primarily concerned with the government going bankrupt along the lines of the Weimer Republic when it took a wheelbarrow of money to buy a loaf of bread. When the bond "vigilantes" decide that enough is enough all of this money printing is going to end badly. What is probable is that the government will "monetize" the debt which is commonly known as inflation. So if the government owes 17 trillion dollars, if inflation reduces the real amount of indebtedness by printing worthless money we can wipe out the debt overnight on the back of the American tax payers. That is likely outcome. And that is the tea party's concern. After all, who is for massive public debt and inflation? No one that I know of.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:26 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcatholic87 View Post
I want to try and change the face of the gap. I am currently unaffiliated, but I want to register as a republican to give the party some sane members instead of what has happened with the tea party and religious right. I live in the so bay area and I think the party needs to change. I think the party needs to balance the budget, focus on a better healthcare plan than Obama care, leave social issues alone as the got has no right to tell someone what they can or cannot do sexually in their bedroom. I think the gap needs to be friendlier towards minorities and instead of what the democrats do with special programs that accomplish nothing and only further stereotypes and condensation, have groups from the GOP stress freedom and individuality and entrepouniship for minorities led by GOP minorities. I am personally religious and don’t drink either and conservative in my personal life. Here are my stances

I am for animal rights, I am a vegetarian, and I am against hunting and against videos showing cruelty to animals

I am pro-gay rights and gay marriage and think the govt shouldn’t tell two consenting adults who they can and cannot do in their bedroom and believe God wants all people to be happy

I am for amnesty for hardworking immigrants, and believe we should welcome these hard working people, However I am against giving them drivers licenses.

I am personally against abortion because of my personal religious belief, and life is sacred However I don’t think the got should make laws prohibiting abortions and I do believe in birth control because that is one step towards saving more lives.

I am for gun control

I am against affirmative action however and think it is outdated and a big waste of money

I am against wiretapping

I am however for strict sentences for violent criminals for life imprisonment in isolation.

I believe in climate change and think we should take measures to care for the environment

Overall I think the party needs to get back to the party of Lincoln, Goldwater, Eisenhower, Rockefeller and davits with elements of Ronald Reagan and George h w bush. I think the party needs to get away from the isolationist wings of the party, as well as get away from both the tea party and religious right factors of the party. The party needs to be fiscally responsible, stay out of people's personal lives, care for the environment, bring jobs back to the us, cut taxes and give hard working Americans healthcare. Another wards we need a fiscally conservative party, non-personal issue party, and a party that gets back to the values of caring for people and doing what needs to be done for veterans, the homeless and other groups.
I agree with most of what you said, except the Bold.
You will have trouble changing the Bold too.

There is nothing wrong with hunting and being self sufficient. Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean it should be forced on everyone.
We don't NEED more Gun Control. We have the 2A. Why don't you respect the constitution? If you don't like guns, you don't have to own one.
The death penalty system should be improved. Faster executions and back to the rope. Taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for these scum bags to get 3 Star lodging.
Why keep Guantanamo open? It's a waste of Taxpayer money.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:29 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
I'm not going to respond to your points individually as everyone is entitled to their opinions... but our party can use some sane members and we welcome you.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:35 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcatholic87 View Post

I am for gun control

I am against wiretapping

wow you are all over the place.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:35 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The Republican party could use more people like you, but I expect the far right wing Conservative would just call you a liberal or RINO. Though if they continue to lose the presidential elections and end up losing Texas, I have a feeling the Republicans might start shifting their focus to people like you.

Sure, because personal responsibility advocated by social conservatives is completely removed from the demand for social programs used to address the problems caused by irresponsible behavior.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:37 PM

688 posts, read 652,392 times
With the exception of not closing Guantanamo and and abortion rights, the OP sounds like a liberal... with them, you sound like a democrat.

Seriously, conservatives would love for you to believe that your beliefs are the same as theirs and absorb your vote, but the truth is that you sound like a normal American that skews democrat. Democrats own businesses and love babies too, after all.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:53 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
I live in a state that is dominated by one party.
In most local and state elections, my choice is between two members of that party, and the primaries often offer even more choices from that party, so I registered with it.

I see no harm in allowing myself to vote for the lesser of two evils.
If the other party ever reaches total dominance, I'll switch my registration and do the same in it.

If both parties ever come close to 50-50, I'll decide then whether to change or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies