Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 08:44 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,776,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
THANK YOU!

I'm glad to see a liberal FINALLY admitting so blatantly that he will put politics above the good of the country. We always knew that was the case (Obamacare, anyone?), but this is by far the most glaring example.

Way to go, champ!
So you think Democrats should provide their biggest opponents with billions to be used against them?

Are you really that obtuse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 08:45 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Sorry but elections have consequences and further enriching the Koch brothers shouldn't be part of a Democratic agenda.
But continued HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT is. Thank God for the Democratic agenda.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:48 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,776,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
But continued HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT is. Thank God for the Democratic agenda.
So how many jobs will the keystone pipeline provide?

Old 10-22-2013, 08:49 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
It only cost them a few $100 Million... a trifle compared to the $100 BILLION they stand to make if the XL pipeline goes through:

Keystone XL Pipeline Could Yield $100 Billion For Koch Brothers

So somebody tell me again, what exactly do average working class Americans think they'll get out of opposing tax increases on the ultra-rich?
According to your link, The Kochs are known for their heavy investment in the tea party

The Tea Party connections to Koch is thru a couple of seminars and summits held by Americans for Prosperity Foundation, a foundation started by Koch in 2004. I have yet to see anything that proves your assertions that the Koch brothers "bought and paid for" any Tea Party organization, much less the entire movement.

You guys have Tourette's syndrome, Palin, Cruz, Koch, Boooosh, Hal-lee-burton.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:50 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
I mean there would not even be a Tea Party without the Koch Brothers' huge investment in organizing and funding it. It's no big secret. It's public knowledge. So why is it such a surprise to people who support the Tea Party to be asked why they are supporting the political agenda of cynical old billionaires who care nothing about what the average citizen gets out of their manipulations... they just want to reduce their taxes, eliminate government regulations that get in their way, and make as much money as they possibly can.

They don't care about what you want, Mr./Ms. Tea Party. You're just a pawn in their game.
Rupert Murdoch also has some big money in the game. My gut says his involvement is different than Koch. The tea party is good for Fox News. Murdoch is the single largest shareholder of News Corp, parent of Fox. The second largest single share holder is a Saudi prince.

Koch has enormous money invested in advancing the libertarian agenda via the Heritage Foundation, the Cato Institute and countless other think tanks and Super Pacs. It's his money and he is free to spend it as he wishes.

What I find disingenuous is that the grass root masses do not seem to understand that Koch is all about Libertarian values disguised in Republican clothing. The anti Obama rhetoric is just noise that plays well in some areas. Those cute geezers who wear tea bags dangling off their hats have no clue, the goal is to end SS and Medicare.

The historic libertarian platform has been open borders. Take this along with the elimination of minimum wage, labor laws, EPA, OSHA, public education, welfare and a mandate for right to work positions the U.S. to compete on a global basis. The U.S. will be the emerging third world with similar standards of living. It's going to be very interesting to watch how legacy and evolving libertarian values on immigration mesh or not. .

Old 10-22-2013, 09:03 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,547 times
It's nothing but a dog and pony show meant to appease bitter Liberals. The ultra-rich have the means to escape paying higher taxes, even if new tax laws are enacted. Why else does our tax code grow by thousands of pages each year and stands at over 70,000 pages? It's all loopholes for the 1%.

Pass the laws if you want to, raise the top tax rate to 90% if you want -- but it won't make a difference.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:31 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
So you think Democrats should provide their biggest opponents with billions to be used against them?

At least you didn't try to deny that you're willing to hurt the country for political reasons. I mean, it was obvious from your post, but I'll give you props for not trying to twist your own words once you were caught.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the liberal mindset: What's good for the country is only good if it's also good for Democrats.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:34 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:

I think that is sick thinking.

I also think an American president ought to be doing things to improve the AMERICAN econonmy.

Keystone will improve the AMERICAN economy.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:37 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
It's nothing but a dog and pony show meant to appease bitter Liberals. The ultra-rich have the means to escape paying higher taxes, even if new tax laws are enacted. Why else does our tax code grow by thousands of pages each year and stands at over 70,000 pages? It's all loopholes for the 1%.

Pass the laws if you want to, raise the top tax rate to 90% if you want -- but it won't make a difference.
its more than a dog and pony show.

the fact is, raising tax rates on the top income earners does NOT hurt the rich. It does vertually NOTHING to thier wealth.

what it does do is prevent new middle class people from becoming rich. It keeps people DEPENDANT on government.

That is the goal of liberalism. Keep the elite class small, and keep everyone else dependant on them for everything.

THAT is the real outcome of liberal monitary policy. redistrabution is just a smoke screen.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:57 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times
Quote:
I mean there would not even be a Tea Party without the Koch Brothers' huge investment in organizing and funding it. It's no big secret. It's public knowledge. So why is it such a surprise to people who support the Tea Party to be asked why they are supporting the political agenda of cynical old billionaires who care nothing about what the average citizen gets out of their manipulations... they just want to reduce their taxes, eliminate government regulations that get in their way, and make as much money as they possibly can.

They don't care about what you want, Mr./Ms. Tea Party. You're just a pawn in their game.
The bolded part above is 100% false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies